2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113092 - 11/12/02 09:52 AM Mt Shasta area??
LITTLEH Offline

Loc: Ashland OR
Hey NCCX-
I know most of you are located more towards the Bay Area, but I was curious if anyone ventures farther north (Mt Shasta?) for some good times. I am located in Ashland, OR but am also 20 minutes from the California border. There's some good wheeling around here, but I have a lack of people that want to go! Im also pretty new at it, and with a relatively stock truck I need more than just my knowledge to be able to have a good time. I wanted to check into your club too, since I am inbetween two clubs (PNWX and NCCX). This means I have to be willing to travel a lot, too bad. Everyone seems to have such a good time in their clubs though, it makes me jealous!
So maybe if anything comes up closer this way I could check it out... Cheers!

-Heather laugh

#113093 - 11/12/02 01:54 PM Re: Mt Shasta area??
CCX Offline

Loc: California
There has been talk of Northern, CA trip; Lost Coast, Shasta or Lassen area etc. It sounds like a great idea to me. We just have to get times and dates organized.
I'm going to start a trip ideas for 2003 thread. smile

-Chris

#113094 - 11/12/02 02:21 PM Re: Mt Shasta area??
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Hmmm...then afterwards, I can go further north and play golf at Bandon Dunes. wink

#113095 - 11/12/02 03:44 PM Re: Mt Shasta area??
LITTLEH Offline

Mmm, dunes.
Hey-thanks for the response guys, I'll keep my eyes open for some outings. That would be fun to meet some people on this board too. I want to find people to go wheeling with so bad!
PS- the Lassen area is so beautiful, that seems like it would be some good times.

Thanks! [Wave] -Heather

#113096 - 11/12/02 05:05 PM Re: Mt Shasta area??
olebiker Offline

Loc: Novato
Hey LITTLEH, if you were to put together a weekend of wheelin up your way, and invite the NCCX gang, I'd bet you would get at least a few of us. Ashland is only 5 hrs from here (Marin) and we get up that way occasionally. I've never done any wheelin up that away though and would love to see new territory as I' m sure others here would as well.
Just a thought... smile

#113097 - 11/12/02 05:34 PM Re: Mt Shasta area??
LITTLEH Offline

Absolutely! That would be great. As for the trails up here- I need to do a little research into which areas have some stuff worth driving a ways for. So faar right now I'm limited to the poor dried up Emigrant Lake and driving in and out of the same bumps and puddles. There's more around here, I will just have to do a little X-ploring.
PS- there are a couple brewpubs in Ashland that are worth checking out after a day of wheeling. wink laugh I'll keep checking in here meanwhile!

#113098 - 11/12/02 07:05 PM Re: Mt Shasta area??
Robinhood150 Offline

Loc: Mesa, Az
Quote:
Originally posted by LITTLEH:
Absolutely! That would be great. As for the trails up here- I need to do a little research into which areas have some stuff worth driving a ways for. So faar right now I'm limited to the poor dried up Emigrant Lake and driving in and out of the same bumps and puddles. There's more around here, I will just have to do a little X-ploring.
PS- there are a couple brewpubs in Ashland that are worth checking out after a day of wheeling. wink laugh I'll keep checking in here meanwhile!
Sounds like fun!

Steve

#113099 - 17/12/02 12:45 PM Re: Mt Shasta area??
Yaxbalam Offline

Loc: Fieldbrook, California
Hi ya all, I'm in the same sort of boat as Littleh. I'm up in the true northern CA (Arcata/Eureka) almost as far northern as you can go except for Crescent City. I just got my X last month and I'm having a great time driving it. I was wondering if any of you have been to the Trinity Alps?, there's some rough country up here for both wheeling and backpacking. BTW Littleh I go up to Ashland all the time to go skiing at Mt.A maybe I see you there sometime. [Wave]

#113100 - 17/12/02 02:27 PM Re: Mt Shasta area??
XterraDiver Offline

Loc: Monterey, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Yaxbalam:
Hi ya all, I'm in the same sort of boat as Littleh. I'm up in the true northern CA (Arcata/Eureka) almost as far northern as you can go except for Crescent City.
I guess you and Littleh can start the TNCCX (True Northern California Club Xterra) [Wave]

#113101 - 17/12/02 05:09 PM Re: Mt Shasta area??
LITTLEH Offline

Har har har 2 members strong! I think I might have a third prospect in the works!!! C'mon now guys, we're just a little lonely out here in the sticks, nah ya heah??
[Too much XOC] [Finger]

#113102 - 19/12/02 10:11 AM Re: Mt Shasta area??
Yaxbalam Offline

Loc: Fieldbrook, California
Oh, excuse me someone just informed me, we're now called Upstate California (I guess it better than the separatist movement from the 40's wanting to divide the state in half and call it Jefferson state ha ha. Littleh, my skiis are waxed and I've just put on a set of Yakima lowriders on the top rack with a Big powderhound and a Rocketbox.

The wind is howling the power is out and I'm sitting in my X listening to CD's too bad I can't stay in here all day. Followed the utility trucks out this morning, while others had to turn back because they couldn't drive over the debris, I just rolled over the downed branches and small trees...no problem. Another storm and more snow expected tonite.
BTW, while all you guys have to tavel a bit to get to good places to go, Littleh and me just have to step out our front doors for adventure!! ha ha. [LOL] laugh

#113103 - 28/05/03 06:02 PM Re: Mt Shasta area??
olebiker Offline

Loc: Novato
Hey LittleH,
Summer's coming and the snow is leaving quickly....got some trails to explore? If you need any assistance, let us know! Some of us are ready within ten or fifteen seconds notice! eek

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal