2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113323 - 23/07/04 11:44 PM last minute trip....
Anonymous
Unregistered

i was thinking about going on a camping/hiking or biking trip somewhere within 2.5 hours of marin... any one have a good idea? i have my girlfriend here from MA and want to show her something like yosemite, but i think i wont have a camp site with this last minute of a trip... trying to leave in the morning...

this isnt like me not to plan, the weekend just opened up..

#113324 - 24/07/04 12:07 AM Re: last minute trip....
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
The closest place I can think of from San Rafael would be Cow Mountain OHV. If you can drive little more on N.101, you can visit Lost Coast, Redwoods. There appears to be many camping sites along 101.

Quote:
quote from Northern California Backroads & 4-wheel Drive Trails
Lost Coast, Redwoods

Location: Along the Pacific Coast between Fort Bragg and Eureka.

Difficulty: Easy but rermote. Usal Road is subject to deterioration and can be rutted and muddy so avoid when wet. It is also narrow and steep in places. Be careful in the soft sand at Usal Beach. The drive improves north of Four corners when you'll encouter some local traffic.

Features: Explore remote coastal terrain. Enjoy beautiful ocean views and camp at historic Usal Beach. Pass through Humboldt Redwoods State Park where you'll see some of the largest redwoods trees in California. Take a side trip through Sinkyone Wilderness State Park to remote Bear Harbor. Consider side trips on Saddle Mountain Road and Smith Etter Road. Both roads have outstanding high-elevation ocean views. The trip ends at popular "Avenue of the Giants," a major tourist area for viewing redwoods.

To get there: Take Hwy.101 north past the tiny town of Leggett where Hwy. 1 intersects. Turn left on Hwy.1. Go southwest 14.7 miles to Mendocino County Road 431 on the right near mile marker 90.88.

#113325 - 24/07/04 08:19 AM Re: last minute trip....
Anonymous
Unregistered

i heard there is a place up there where you can camp and drive on the beach? have you heard of it?

thank you for the advice, i think i might take it... [ThumbsUp]

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal