2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113355 - 09/06/06 08:46 AM July 21-23 Update with Trail Info
Anonymous
Unregistered

I belong to a group in Sacramento called the CA Trail Riders and this is a run that is coming up. Let me know if anyone would like to come on this! Edit: I will go in on Friday and come out Sunday.

Quote:
This is Markus from CA Trail Riders:
There will a run on the weekend of July 22.06:

It is call Bear River Reservoir.

We will meet on that friday at the cafe around 6:30pm and drive up
there if you want to go camping. Gary will be coming up on Saturday.
I will go up Friday night and stay until Sunday. The reservoir is off
of Hwy 88, East of Jaskson. It sits at about 5900' feet. I will link
more info soon.

#113356 - 05/07/06 08:57 AM Re: July 21-23 Update with Trail Info
Anonymous
Unregistered

We are still planning on doing this trail or maybe BRT. If anyone wants do meet the group before the trail ride we have monthly meetings and this month's is on July 13 @ 5pm @ Alexandra's Cafe on 9648 Kiefer Blve Sacramento. Hope to see some of you guys there and on the trail!

#113357 - 05/07/06 09:34 AM Re: July 21-23 Update with Trail Info
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
The reservoir (accessible by paved road) is where the "Pardoes Road" trail starts ( LINK ) Are you just camping at the reservoir and just playing on the trail each day, or are you camping half-way through the trail?

#113358 - 05/07/06 12:08 PM Re: July 21-23 Update with Trail Info
Anonymous
Unregistered

We will be camping overnight and playing on the trail both days. Hopefully we will have a firm trail of either BRT or Pardoes in the next couple of days or at least by next weeks meeting. smile

#113359 - 12/07/06 09:07 AM Re: July 21-23 Update with Trail Info
Anonymous
Unregistered

We are doing Bear River Reservoir and here is the updated info that I have.

Gary from Calxterra: "Bear River Reservoir is at the Western entrance to Pardoes Road (aka Squaw Ridge).
I guess there are several options regarding where to camp and what to see in a day. It's a good full day of wheeling to reach the upper section,which looks down on Bear Valley ski resort. It's an easy shorter day to reach an area just beyond the first rock garden. From there, it's an easy run out through Plasse at Silver Lake. My vote would be to do the longer run on up past the Passe turn-off, spend the night up on the ridge, then leave the next day out Plasse. Camping at Bear River Reservoir and doing day runs would entail a lot of driving paved roads and/or dusty fire trail only to reach the same areas repeatedly. Let us know what your club wants to do and we'll get it scheduled. I look forward to wheelin with you and new folks."

Now, I know there a few people that will be doing just Saturday and I know that Markus and his wife Karin, and myself will be going up Friday night. We have a meeting tomorrow that everyone is welcome to come. It is @ 5pm (I know sucky time!) @ Alexandra's Cafe 9648 Kiefer Blvd.

Markus with CTR: "and will you be joining on Friday and for the weekend or will you be
> coming up on Saturday and for that night or just on Saturday. If you
> are coming up on Saturday and staying the night do we want to make it
> a pot-luck style dinner or everyone for themselves.
>
> For those of us who are going to stay Saturday night, we could make
> it a burger and hotdogs, or is there mood for something else...."

I will be going in on Friday night and staying thru Sunday. If we are camping off of paved roads then Ron will come up Saturday night after he gets off work, if we are not he won't be able to make it as he STILL doesn't have his Bronco running. I have no problem with doing a split kitchen.

So let me know who is going on this trip and I will forward the info to CTR. Hope to see everyone soon!

#113360 - 13/07/06 07:40 PM Re: July 21-23 Update with Trail Info
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, here is the update. We are doing Squaw and there are a couple of people going in on Friday and we are meeting @ Alexandra's Cafe 9648 Kiefer Blvd off of Bradshaw in Sacramento. We will be meeting there @ 630 that night and camping at Bear River Reservoir. Then the rest of the group that is coming up will be meeting at McDonalds on Hazel @ HWY 50 @ 7 am Saturday. Then meeting up @ Bear River @ about 930 to do the trail. Then we will camp that night along the trail as was suggested (thanks Gary!) and do another trail on Sunday. So let me know who is in or just meet us at one of the spots. The group will be running FRS 8 no sub code and CB 22. Hope to see you guys there!

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal