2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113427 - 07/05/03 07:07 PM Uhhh...89 is open again
olebiker Offline

Loc: Novato
This, I know, could get a person stoned (like, throw rocks) But, 89 is open, if this continues for a week, BRT may be open. In another thread Charlie indicated he may go into this area by a different route than 89. Hopefully we can prod a report from him regarding the snow condition. If he finds it's doable, I'm heading in the next weekend. Anyone interested in joining in, stand by. 89 acutally climbs much higher than any part of BRT. So, if 89 is open, it's probable BRT will be clear of snow as well.

#113428 - 08/05/03 11:34 AM Re: Uhhh...89 is open again
slamson00 Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Oh course weekend dependent I would like to go check out BRT

#113429 - 08/05/03 04:24 PM Re: Uhhh...89 is open again
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
I'll be going on Leviathan Mine Road weather permitting. It comes out near the trail head on 89 (It just cuts off having to go all the way down to Topaz to hit 89) so I'll know what 89 looks like as well. I will try and make it this weekend.

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#113430 - 08/05/03 09:19 PM Re: Uhhh...89 is open again
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
Hey Charlie, check ur PMs. smile

#113431 - 09/05/03 09:24 AM Re: Uhhh...89 is open again
NthLJ Offline

I'm off to BRT right now. I decided to play hooky for the day seeing as how the weekend got jammed up with stuff allready. I will shoot some pictures and post them when I get back.

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#113432 - 09/05/03 03:59 PM Re: Uhhh...89 is open again
NthLJ Offline

89 is closed at the junction of Hwy 4 and Hwy 89 just outside of Markleeville. I would assume the other side is closed as well (I just didn't drive all the way around to find out). It snowed 5" up there last night and CalTrans saw a cloud or something today...and they closed it :rolleyes: I did some poking around at that same elevation and only saw a dusting of snow and a little bit of mud on the trails; just enough to get the truck dirty. I would be suprised if it wasn't open within a couple of weeks, but some weather is coming in so who knows. An uneventful trip except I did go to a little place called Wolf Creek for lunch (the kind of lunch that makes Gary cringe... smile ) and got to do a little stump-jumping near Mud Lake and surrounding Mountains on the way back.

It sucks to see bone dry road behind a closed gate frown 5"? C'Mon, what is that? Bastards. laugh

#113433 - 09/05/03 05:41 PM Re: Uhhh...89 is open again
olebiker Offline

Loc: Novato
Thanks for the post Charlie, sorry I missed lunch!
I reckon two weeks and it'll be dry. Let's see 5/10 is Saturday plus 14 days....how about we try for 5/24, Saturday morning at 11:00 at the entrance to Loope Canyon which is located a mile or so east of the intersection of Hi4 and 89...pending weather changes. Let's see what the next week brings but figure the 24th as a go date for now..Anyone interested figure an overnight stay at the trail end which is at the West Carson River. There's an outhouse which is maintained by 'Foot Fiddlers', a 4wheel club, but that's it. Bears are common in this area as well. The run is doable, and has been done, by stock rigs, no stock rails. smile

#113434 - 10/05/03 07:58 AM Re: Uhhh...89 is open again
NthLJ Offline

I'm game smile

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal