shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113468 - 19/08/04 05:03 PM About to sell my Xterra need advice
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone have any idea what I can get for my 2000 4x4 SE Yellow. It is a manual so I know it's not as easy to sell. I need your input. Thanks in advance. Oh it is in perfect shape with 59K miles on it. I've also checked in KBB, but I know it won't sell for that much. Anyone willing to make me an offer is more than welcome.

#113469 - 19/08/04 07:07 PM Re: About to sell my Xterra need advice
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
The most critical factor is that your truck really is in excellent condition. If it is, then don't sell yourself short. Even if it's not perfect, if it's in good condition you still have a valuable commodity. Dealerships make more money on used cars typically than new car sales, so why can't you?

You have a desirble, high profile vehicle, in a popular color and you live in a highly populated area. 5 speed is irrelevant - you just need one person to buy your truck, not the majority of the population cool

If your truck is in good condition, show it off! Spend a saturday - wash it good, and wax it. Wipe out the inside of the door ways. Vacuum out the interior. Remove spots/stains in carpet or upholstry. Wipe down all the interior plastic with a matte finish spray like Meguires #40 Vinyl & Rubber Protectant. Clean all the windows. Take a digital camera (borrow one if you have to) and take LOTS of pictures. Prove the condition it's in - lot's 'o shots of the outside, the inside - rear seats up/down, etc. More the merrier.

Get an ad on AutoTrader.com - pay for the picture ad but nothing else. Put the typical front/side shot as the photo, put in a rich description with a hyperlink to your page of photo's - use any one of literally dozens of free contact page utilities to create a page and host it on the free webspace you probalby have with your ISP. Ads on AutoTrader (unless they changed) stay until you sell, all you have to do is "edit" the ad every 30 or 60 days.

So, if you aren't in a real big hurry, take the KBB and start like $1000 higher and let it set a week. Drop it $300-$500 the next week and let it set. I'll bet you might be suprised at the results.

When I sold my 240sx, I wish I had gone at least $1000 over KBB retail price since I sold it, in cash, for exactly what I wanted to the first person that looked at it :p I had mutliple inquiries from people out of state too - power of the Internet to expand your audience.

Again, don't try to over-analyze the market - you never know what someone will pay - so start a little high and the lower it if you have to. If you start low, I guarantee you won't make top dollar smile

You can also get some more tips here:

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/sellused.htm?x=0tekxgl_eoyyqkz_ttky3&y=0x40

Good luck [Wave]

#113470 - 19/08/04 07:37 PM Re: About to sell my Xterra need advice
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
FWIW, I just traded in my 2000 XE, 4x4, lifted 3", new 31's, 105k miles, in good condition and received $9k on a trade. The vehicle I traded it for was only a few thousand more, so not much $$ out of my pocket to do so. Trade-in kbb value was about $7200 or so. Check NADA pricing too.

Yep, best bet is to check autotrader, and I've even looked at craigslist.org out of curiousity, but so many people overprice vehicles it's nuts.... [Freak]

#113471 - 19/08/04 10:29 PM Re: About to sell my Xterra need advice
olebiker Offline

Loc: Novato
Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyx:
FWIW, I just traded in my 2000 XE, 4x4, lifted 3", new 31's, [Freak]
Uhhhhh Uhhhhhhh Uhhh Uhhhh snivel, etc....how could you do that?

#113472 - 19/08/04 10:43 PM Re: About to sell my Xterra need advice
CCX Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by olebiker:
Quote:
[b]FWIW, I just traded in my 2000 XE, 4x4, lifted 3", new 31's, [Freak]
Uhhhhh Uhhhhhhh Uhhh Uhhhh snivel, etc....how could you do that?[/b]
Oh, he will have his new rig looking like this soon enough wink

#113473 - 20/08/04 11:37 AM Re: About to sell my Xterra need advice
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks DocNo and all that have helped.

#113474 - 21/08/04 04:45 AM Re: About to sell my Xterra need advice
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Darn, you're going to "flood" the market. I also have a 2000 SE 4x4 5sp Solar Yellow, though I have slightly fewer miles - just passed 50k yesterday. I guess I won't be selling my truck for awhile, now. Heheh. Good luck!

#113475 - 27/08/04 05:13 PM Re: About to sell my Xterra need advice
johnnyx Offline
J

It was a tough call, but I had to do it... Realtor image, unfortunately...

I just found a set of matching leather seats too, front and back, for $300 shipped so I'll be officially bordering "yuppieville" after those arrive... eek

Solid axles, front and back. I have a TJM bumper picked out, still have my M8000 winch to go in it. Sliders are spendy for these things ($500+). The frame is much more narrow so they have to be mounted also to the door sills to be strong enough to function properly.

Then it's new springs/shocks, swaybar disconnects, roof rack, tires, on and on and on... it's a disease I tell you!! [LOL]

(Out with the old, in with the new/used):

#113476 - 29/08/04 09:07 AM Re: About to sell my Xterra need advice
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Quote:
It was a tough call, but I had to do it... Realtor image, unfortunately...
Remax, huh? So what's it like being a realtor? I hear it's long hours and no more free weekends... wink

#113477 - 29/08/04 11:03 AM Re: About to sell my Xterra need advice
johnnyx Offline
J

It's pretty hard work starting out - especially when you move to a city where you know almost no one. You basically work ALL the time, but it's already working out very well. My wife got laid off about 2 months ago and it looks like she won't even need to go back to work.

It takes a good couple years to really get consistent though, so the weekends are kinda shot for a while. Open house today at 1pm - come on by! laugh

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal