2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113578 - 23/05/05 07:55 PM Camping spots for a June 6-8 trip?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The wife and I are planning a camping trip for Monday June 6 through Wednesday June 8 and are looking for camp site and stock X friendly trail suggestions.

We're also open to a group camping trip if anyone else has weekdays off and wants to go.

Thanks in advance.

alfalfa

#113579 - 23/05/05 08:25 PM Re: Camping spots for a June 6-8 trip?
Anonymous
Unregistered

hell hole is awesome... but i'm not sure if there will still be snow there, another suggestion would be ice house res. up highway 50... there again might be snow. those are 2 of my favorite places to go, they both also have some fire trails nearby that you could Xplore. they are both under the national parks jurisdiction, so both are pay sites, they have toilet facilities but no showers (bring a respirator laugh ) if you want to do some fishing i would recommend hell hole. kokanee(sp) salmon and brown trout (i think) come out of there with rooster tails! if you have crawdad traps...they like bologna, chicken, & hot dogs wink ! i have also spotted a bald eagle 2 of the 3 years i have been going there. hell hole = no swimming, ice house = bring your trunks (kinda cold tho) i've never tried fishing ice house, so i don't know whats in there (probably trout) but you can still "wet a line" and see what comes out. any who... have a great time where ever you decide to go, be safe, and post a few pix when ya get back!

#113580 - 24/05/05 08:37 AM Re: Camping spots for a June 6-8 trip?
sonnyc Offline

Loc: SJ, CA.
If you have a Costco, Barnes and Noble, or book stores around, you can check out the Back Country Adventures-Northern California book. It has many user-friendly trials and camping places.

Barker Pass/Blackwood Canyon is a good flat trail. Mt. Watson is also another easy one running from the west shore of Lake Tahoe to I-80, 13.7+ miles.

If you have time, Henness Pass road is a 1-2 days trail with plenty of campgrounds along the way.

#113581 - 24/05/05 09:30 AM Re: Camping spots for a June 6-8 trip?
Anonymous
Unregistered

We did one not to long ago up by clearlake. It was basically rough fire road driving, but the views were pretty sweet. We left the bay area and headed up the walker ridge road trail to Blue Oak campground. There are only about 5 sites there, and it's free. The next day we got up and went the rest of walker ridge road, and then bartlet springs road. The second day was about 5 hours of driving before we hit pavement again. Like I said it is not tough, but the scenery is pretty neat, and you get to spend some time getting your car dusty. If you are looking for rocks and real technical stuff, this isn't the trail. It was fun enough to make my girlfriend want to go on a harder trail next time. I'm so proud of her. smile

-hutch

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal