2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113850 - 14/05/04 03:30 PM July 4th Weekend
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm going to be going to the Sierras over the 4th of July (Johnsville, Graegle, Quincy area), and I was wondering if anyone else would be up there, or if there was any plan of doing an excursion around that time near there.

#113851 - 19/05/04 10:06 AM Re: July 4th Weekend
slamson00 Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Yeah I would like to see the club do a run up to this area in June? Maybe using the Backcountry Adventures book and run the trail up to Gold Lake? Looks like it should be friendly to those of us with stock rigs

#113852 - 21/05/04 09:51 PM Re: July 4th Weekend
olebiker Offline

Loc: Novato
We're headed that way for a five day weekend over the 4th. Camping at Little Grass Valley Res. We've done a lot of trails up that way. Great wheelin, great scenery and great fishing. Let me know if you want to hook up for any of the above.

#113853 - 22/05/04 06:53 AM Re: July 4th Weekend
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah I'd love to. Let's just find a time and place to meet. I'm there from the July 1-9 in Graegle. I've run some of the fire trails, but I'm hoping to find some new ones.

#113854 - 23/05/04 09:21 AM Re: July 4th Weekend
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
Are there any trails with a good view of the Mill Pond? They usually have a killer fireworks display in Graeagle. Having dealt with the crowds a couple of times...I would much rather have a 'bird's eye' view.

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#113855 - 07/06/04 01:17 PM Re: July 4th Weekend
Dos Equis Offline

Loc: Concord
We will be in Tahoe that weekend and could make a run out that way. We tried a bunch of the back country adventures trails the weekend before memorial day and most of the trails were still closed. NS 21 is open, we had a couple of snow banks to cross and some nicely swollen creeks. Aslo had to move a fallen tree. Lot's of funs. Most of the postings indicated that all of these trails would be open memorial day weekend, go figure.

Anyway, if you guys plan something, let me know know. I need to get a few scratches on the sliders, they just look too new!

-Dos

#113856 - 07/06/04 01:41 PM Re: July 4th Weekend
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm planning a run to Gold Lake, and maybe a stop at Spencer lakes that Friday (July 2). I'll probably do another run up to Johnsville (NS 35 I think). Let me know where you want to meet.

#113857 - 21/06/04 11:21 PM Re: July 4th Weekend
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
So I'm thinking about planning something for the 4th now. smile

What do you guys think about the Barker Loop area? I don't think we will be able to find lodging now, so I'm thinking about camping on the trail. Running Barker OHV (which is rated a 6/7) and then finding a place to watch the fireworks on Sun night and heading home on Mon. Are any of you still up for meeting up for a run?

a few pics from last year

more pics

The trail is an offshoot from the Barker Loop and requires you do the last part of the Con. It would also be fun to run the con in up to the Observation Point (rated a 6/7). These would be challenging trails (requiring sliders, a mild lift, and some good tires), but there is plenty to explore for stockers in that area.

some reading about the area

and some more

Here\'s the trail ratings

#113858 - 22/06/04 08:06 AM Re: July 4th Weekend
slamson00 Offline

Hey....just wanted to let you guys know I ran the Deer Valley OHV trail this past Sunday. This trail starts at the Gold Lake Boat Launch facility and works it way back by Little Gold Lake, Summit Lake, and of course Deer Lake. Interesting little trail with a couple spots that required a little care since I don't have sliders, but my stocker did just fine. There was still a surprising amount of snow but I was either able to go through it, or use the bypass people had constructed. Beautiful views of glacial lakes and the Sierra Buttes. I will be up at Donner Lake around the 4th so I plan on running a few trails out of the Backcountry Adventures book then....maybe to Independence Lake...maybe Mt. Watson. I have already run the Barker Pass loop.......really nice trail for a stocker with some good views as well. Maybe I will see you guys driving around up there.

#113859 - 22/06/04 09:22 AM Re: July 4th Weekend
patrickmb Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA
Looks like I will be going down South to visit family over the long weekend [Uh Oh !] Have a great time. Sorry I'll miss it.

#113860 - 22/06/04 04:37 PM Re: July 4th Weekend
Anonymous
Unregistered

Count me in! laugh

#113861 - 22/06/04 05:02 PM Re: July 4th Weekend
olebiker Offline

Loc: Novato
We will be camping at Running Deer campground on Little Grass Valley Lake July 1-5. We will also run Cleghorn Bar and Stag Point, both stock friendly, to do some fishing on the Wild And Scenic Feather River Canyon section of the river.
Come one, come all!

#113862 - 28/06/04 02:56 PM Re: July 4th Weekend
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Casper4:
Count me in! laugh
Are you still going? If so, I'm going to be running the Deer Creek trail (Gold Lake) on Thursday, and going through Johnsville on Friday.

#113863 - 28/06/04 03:30 PM Re: July 4th Weekend
slamson00 Offline

Deer Creek Trail huh?

I just got done running that trail up by Gold Lake...........great little trail with some interesting sections and INCREDIBLE views. I was surprised how much snow was still up there that we had to traverse through on the trail but it should be dwindeled down even more now by the time you head up there. I am looking forward to going back to explore more in that area....I would actually like to run the Gold Valley trail with is an off shoot form the Deer Creek trail.....it is rated a 6 out of 10 and should test the upper limits of my stock rig.

#113864 - 28/06/04 03:33 PM Re: July 4th Weekend
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by slamson00:
Deer Creek Trail huh?

I just got done running that trail up by Gold Lake...........great little trail with some interesting sections and INCREDIBLE views. I was surprised how much snow was still up there that we had to traverse through on the trail but it should be dwindeled down even more now by the time you head up there. I am looking forward to going back to explore more in that area....I would actually like to run the Gold Valley trail with is an off shoot form the Deer Creek trail.....it is rated a 6 out of 10 and should test the upper limits of my stock rig.
I'm running that one, also (that's the trail to Johnsville.). Let me know when/where you want to meet. Meeting at the start of the trail in Johnsville would probably be the best bet. Just let me know which day. I'm there until the 9th.

#113865 - 28/06/04 03:56 PM Re: July 4th Weekend
slamson00 Offline

Would love to run that trail with you but I am going to sticking around the Truckee area with my daughter and family. There are some easy trail drives there that I can take my daughter on (she is only 2) and I don't want anything too rough that will turn her off to being in the X for these drives. I plan on running some easy trails up to Mt. Watson and Lake Watson (west of North Shore) and then maybe trying to squeeze in a day run with Huey at Barker Loop or running Genoa Peak on the backside of South shore.

To bad we couldn't have hooked up when I went a few weeks ago. The soonest I could get back up to that area is the weekend of July 24th.....but who knows what happens between now and then. That trail (Gold Valley to Gold Lake) would be a GREAT NCCX run. I hear the way you are going to go (from Johnsonville) is the tougher way to go because of the long lose off camber climb around Snake Lake. Check out the write up here:

http://www.nccn.net/~gv4w/adopt.htm

I don't have a locker or limited slip so it may be a little tougher for me.....but that is all part of the fun. Let me know how it is and maybe we can make this into a NCCX run later in the summer and head back up there?

#113866 - 28/06/04 04:55 PM Re: July 4th Weekend
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am going to be in Reno, visiting Dad... Sooo...
Anyone know where to take a boat in the NV desert?

#113867 - 28/06/04 06:08 PM Re: July 4th Weekend
NthLJ Offline

Pyramid, Stampede/Boca, Walker, Frenchmans...and the nice thing about boating anywhere around here on the 4th weekend is being able to walk to shore from the middle of the lake/s (on other folks boats...).

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#113868 - 29/06/04 10:10 AM Re: July 4th Weekend
Anonymous
Unregistered

i don't know if you've heard of it, but there's this big lake right around reno that's called lake tahoe. seriously though, pyramid is a lot of fun and so is topaz (fire near there though) depending on what kind of boating you want to do...

#113869 - 29/06/04 01:16 PM Re: July 4th Weekend
NthLJ Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by seXyrunnerchic:
i don't know if you've heard of it, but there's this big lake right around reno that's called lake tahoe. seriously though, pyramid is a lot of fun and so is topaz (fire near there though) depending on what kind of boating you want to do...
[Spit]

#113870 - 29/06/04 03:02 PM Re: July 4th Weekend
Anonymous
Unregistered

Been looking at pyramid.. The boat is a jet boat.. does 50'ish.. kinda feel bad driving a 200ci towing a 350ci... I guess if it rains enough, my truck will go faster..

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal