shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113925 - 14/11/03 11:32 AM Drum roll, please...
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
It looks like I FINALLY have a job. I've been offered and have accepted (verbally) a position in South SF. It's an entry-level QC position and about a 50-minute drive, but there's no way I can pass up an opportunity to work for what is considered one of the best employee-oriented companies in the Bay Area. Besides, I'm essentially broke. [Uh Oh !]

Another unfortunate effect is that I probably won't be able to do any offroading, particularly weekends, in the near future because I'll be working a Wed-Sat graveyard (7pm-5:30am) shift. I have worked an offshift before and I like the four 10-hour shifts, especially since that's one less day I have to drive up there.

All that's left is for me to sign the paperwork. I'm not sure when I start, but I figure it'll be within the next couple weeks. I had a daytime 2nd interview earlier this week and I didn't see any Xs in the parking lots, but I sure saw quite a few brand new (no plates) 350Zs. Hehe.

-jeff

#113926 - 14/11/03 11:49 AM Re: Drum roll, please...
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
WOO HOO!!!! [ThumbsUp]

Congrats Jeff! I know you have been searching for quite some time now and I'm glad you found what sounds to be a great job! It really shows that good people will always be rewarded. smile

BTW, no sweat on not making the trips, I think the job thing is much more important. Hopefully when things settle a bit you can adjust your hours a bit.

Again congrats!

#113927 - 14/11/03 12:07 PM Re: Drum roll, please...
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Quote:
Originally posted by A Katonk:
It looks like I [b]FINALLY have a job. I've been offered and have accepted (verbally) a position in South SF.[/b]
[ThumbsUp] Congratulations! I am very happy to hear this great news. smile

#113928 - 14/11/03 03:03 PM Re: Drum roll, please...
slamson00 Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Glad to hear your back in business Kirby. Now you just have to make those Sunday Xcursions.

#113929 - 24/11/03 05:37 PM Re: Drum roll, please...
Dos Equis Offline

Loc: Concord
Good to hear you landed a job. Hope to see you o some runs in the future.

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal