2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113930 - 03/04/05 03:49 AM "...Or, you will be shot."
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
So, we ended up going on a tril: NS 26 Alleghany Trail from Backcountry Adventure: Northern California.

Since this is my first post, pls bear with me as I know it's long but I think you'll enjoy... the trip was fun and eventful and went a bit like this...

Once upon a sunny spring afternoon 4 nccx members went for a nice relaxing drive... within minutes of crossing the first bridge got to meet a 'townie' (see below), caught some frogs, played in some waterfalls, found a great campsite (see below), drove through a quaint little gold mining town (see below) met some more townies (see below) had dinner (see below) and went back the way they came (see below).

Okay, yes you guessed it the 'townie' we met kindly warned us that this was his claim and that we shouldn't mine any of his gold... strange considering we're all carrying cameras and acting like fools, but whatever. Thanks, we wont mine. we left.

The great campsite, better than almost anything you could wish for... but it was 98% likely managed by the local bear and cubs. We'll never know, after inspecting the front of the cave we found it was apparent in our minds that this definately was a real bear cave. we left.

The quaint little mining town was straight out of X-Files, a Stephen King movie or if you wish... the Twighlight Zone. we left, but on our way out I had the great idea of taking a picture of one of these little gold mining shacks that looked like they were straight out of the 1800's. BAD IDEA... Yea, it was rigged with MOTION SENSOR CAMERAS in the window!!! What the @(#$&???? creepy eek . we left.

Not 10 minutes after the picture incident, you guessed it we met a man and a woman in a jeep who apparently lived in that little shanty I just mentioned, stopped to let us know that if we stayed in that campground we would be shot. SHOT?!! WE WOULD BE WHAT?!! okay, gulp, smile, thanks! we left. [Geek]

Upon reaching the apparent dead end of the trail... Snow blocked our way. We found yet more very large bear tracks... so in front of us is a bear and behind us are the gun weilding FREAKS, so we parked our cars, cooked dinner... in between jokes we listened for sounds and watched for flashlights from strangers. packed up and, we left.

On our way out smile the stars were absolutly amazing, we didn't meet any more 'townies', didn't get shot, and weren't attacked by any Bears... .all in all, everyone was rather pleased.

The End. ~ C

#113931 - 03/04/05 10:35 AM Re: "...Or, you will be shot."
Anonymous
Unregistered

Man im glad i had a wedding to go to yestserday. Cant wait to see the pics.

John

#113932 - 03/04/05 11:49 AM Re: "...Or, you will be shot."
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow! That's quite a story. They sure didn't mention gun toting locals and furry canpground hosts in the trail description.

-hutch

#113933 - 03/04/05 11:53 AM Re: "...Or, you will be shot."
Anonymous
Unregistered

XSAL,

Glad to hear you folks are OK. Motion sensors, tweekers, threats. It sounds to me like you may have happened accross somebodys Meth Lab. Every once in a while you hear of busts in the middle of nowhere. This is probably another good reason for people to go wheeling with a group.

R X

#113934 - 03/04/05 12:07 PM Re: "...Or, you will be shot."
sonnyc Offline

Loc: SJ, CA.
Was it private land that you were on? I didn't know you can still lay claim on gold mine anymore, especially on public land.

Was the "townie" smoking a "Morley" ? laugh

Creepy story... smile

#113935 - 03/04/05 12:17 PM Re: "...Or, you will be shot."
Anonymous
Unregistered

The dinner was great with steak, salad and corn on the cob on the menu!

Here are a couple of pictures i took......

[url=http://http://img124.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img124&image=alleghanytrail1729zz.jpg]
[/url]
Bear tracks and one poor sign!!!

#113936 - 03/04/05 12:21 PM Re: "...Or, you will be shot."
Anonymous
Unregistered

No Sonny it wasn't private land, they just told us that the place was their claim..... so, after taking pictures we left.

The only friendly people we met was at the beggining of the trip, Bear claw and Little foot gave us directions on where to go. laugh

#113937 - 03/04/05 02:26 PM Re: "...Or, you will be shot."
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by GrgX:
Bear claw and Little foot
LMAO!!!
I didn't sleep a wink last night....
Bears and Townies and Gold Mines...OH MY!!!!

#113938 - 03/04/05 05:30 PM Re: "...Or, you will be shot."
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here is the rest of the pictures i took Linky

#113939 - 03/04/05 07:34 PM Re: "...Or, you will be shot."
Anonymous
Unregistered

I knew there was a real reason why I had to work. wink . In all my times of hitting back roads Ive seen quite a few things and that ranks pretty high. Last Time we went to knoxville people were shooting guns in the camp ground at night time. Needless to say we moved out real quick. Its people like this that gives us hunters and shooters a bad rep.

#113940 - 03/04/05 10:43 PM Re: "...Or, you will be shot."
XSAL Offline

Not many, but here are some pictures we took.

#113941 - 04/04/05 12:09 AM Re: "...Or, you will be shot."
Anonymous
Unregistered

well, i tryed to post some pix here, but after 20 mins of trying to get it to work... you'll just have to go to the link >>> (censored) computer...not loadin picture..stupid link thingie
edit: btw nice pix guys thanks for sharing and for the memories [Uh Oh !] eek

#113942 - 04/04/05 10:16 PM Re: "...Or, you will be shot."
XSAL Offline

Nice pictures, guys. smile

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal