shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#114206 - 06/09/03 08:08 PM Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
Sept 27-28

Hey everyone, I’ve got some very exiting news for the Nissan Xterra USA Championship, only the catch is that we need at least 5 vehicles to attend! So if you are interested I need to know soon so that Janet can plan for the event, which includes quite a bit.

Here’s the new info.

There will be a big crew of Nissan corporate folks coming from LA. We need to really show these guys that we are using our trucks for more than what was intended.

Here\'s the current schedule of events for the weekend so you guys can get an idea of how it works.

If there is enough interest (say 5+ trucks) we can run the Best of Show Competition on Saturday morning. The contest has changed slightly from
Last year, but we judge the trucks in several categories (the new rules will be posted soon) and award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies.

Janet is working on finding an off-road excursion for us for Saturday after the competition - and believes we can find something that will work for a 2 hour session... although we'd have to drive 30 mins to start it. Nissan will provide lunch.

Timing is still a bit up in the air, but the show is currently planned for Sat morning - just let me know what works and I'll see what I can do.

What we offer each participant is:
1. An official event t-shirt
2. Complimentary entry into the 5K/10K Trail Run or XTERRA Nevada
3. Nissan will give everyone a Nissan Xterra cap.

There's a ton of things to do while you are with us:
- free climbing wall
- free Shimano kids bike races on Sunday (everyone gets a medal and goodie bag)
- free Nissan Road Rally (remote controlled Xterras and Frontiers - it's KILLER!)
- food/drink/exhibits
- Sunday cut-a-thon (professional haircut in exchange for a $10 donation)

Accommodations are getting short, but here's info:
laketahoe.hyatt.com
Once again, the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe hosts the Nissan Xterra USA
Championship. Please ask for the XTERRA rate.

Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe
Phone: 1-775-832-1234
111 Country Club Dr.
Incline Village, NV

Alternative Lodging Options - Search these Web sites for alternative
Lodging in King's Beach (five miles from the venue), Incline Village, Truckee, CA (15 minute drive) and Crystal Bay. Look for other options online at the North end of Lake Tahoe.

www.gotahoe.com
lake.tahoe.hotelguide.net
tahoeguide.com

There is camping in the area too.

If anyone wants to volunteer during the race - we'd be happy to have
help!

I'll keep you updated on the Excursion.

Here are my thoughts on what NCCX can do outside of the event. Hopefully everyone can either arrive late Fri or very early Sat, we could set up caravan groups for both options. We could do the event/contest and the off-road with Nissan on Sat and then on Sun do an optional quickie trail before we head home for the weekend. I’m going to look into a group camping spot or we could try camping on a trail. If you need a bit more defiantly try the Tahoe guide (tahoeguide.com) for hotel accommodations, but act fast (like within the next few weeks) because I think everything is either full or close to full for that weekend.

I need to know very soon (hopefully within this week if you can make it). We need to plan for lodging/camping and to let Janet know about how many of us to expect. It’s going to be a very exciting trip and would be great if we could get most of the club together for this!

Again let me know sooooon. smile

#114207 - 06/09/03 08:11 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Huey Offline

Here's the sign-up. Please include your name ,if you would like to do the group camping, when you prefer to take off, and prefered start time for the contest (remember to leave an hour for check-in and what not).

------------------------
1. Huey, camping w/ NCCX, Fri night, 10am

#114208 - 06/09/03 08:54 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Huey Offline

BTW, the nccxterra@yahoo.com account got terminated by Yahoo for no reason... mad

I created the account to hopefully help organize the email list that we have... but oh well...

If you need to email me, just use the old email addy. ncclubx@nccxterra.com

#114209 - 06/09/03 10:41 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Hmm... Very tempting. I could probably make a monster day trip out of it if I leave the East Bay super early on saturday.

Count me in!

1. KJ (day trip. Leave East Bay very early on saturday)

#114210 - 07/09/03 12:15 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
2. KJ
3. XSAL [sounds fun, so I'll try wink ]

Quote:
Originally posted by Huey
Friday night, 10 am??? confused

#114211 - 07/09/03 10:52 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Huey Offline

I should have been a bit more clear in my post huh?

Please include:

-your name
-if you would like to do the group camping
-when you prefer to arrive in Lake Tahoe(Fri night or Sat morning)
-and prefered start time for the contest (remember to leave an hour for check-in and what not).

2. KJ (day trip. Leave East Bay very early on saturday)
3. XSAL [sounds fun, so I'll try ]

#114212 - 08/09/03 02:05 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Dos Equis Offline

Loc: Concord
Quote:
I should have been a bit more clear in my post huh?

Please include:

-your name
-if you would like to do the group camping
-when you prefer to arrive in Lake Tahoe(Fri night or Sat morning)
-and prefered start time for the contest (remember to leave an hour for check-in and what not).
3. XSAL [sounds fun, so I'll try ]
4. Dos Equis [Greg and Kacie, group camping,no preference on start times]

I am up for it all. I don't think there is anything special about my X that would make it worth showing, unless pin striping counts ;-) We plan on camping, so if you find a group spot let me know, or I can try and find one as well. We are up for any trail runs or other events, and I could use a hair cut. Any way, I will talk to you tonight about it more.

One thought I had on the way to work today was, maybe at some point we could sponsor a poker run. You know, pass an obstacle get a card. At the end of the course everybody compares poker hands to win donated prizes, etc.. Could be a good club fund raiser. We could maybe do it at Hollister and open it up to all wheelers. Just a thought.

#114213 - 10/09/03 09:50 AM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
XSAL Offline

3. XSAL - group camping(?)Sat.nite, head out early Sat., ...don't care about contest.

Anyone else wants to join us? :rolleyes:
I think Dean is thinking about joining as well...(we think all the mods on his would cover up the fact that it's actually a pathfinder, instead of an xterra.)

We also plan to stick our heads in some trails nearby on Sunday... Which trails? ...TBD.

#114214 - 10/09/03 01:32 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
3. XSAL - group camping(?)Sat.nite, head out early Sat., ...don't care about contest.
5. XPLORx4, caravanning with Huey (possibly) on Fri nite and group camping, returning Sunday.

I'll hopefully do some trails, too. Yeah, baby!

#114215 - 11/09/03 05:42 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Dos Equis Offline

Loc: Concord
Hey Folks, I found a camp ground that still has sites available. It is about 15 miles from Incline Village. Mount Rose is closer but it is sold out already. The rate is $20 per night and right now there are about 15 sites open. Click on this link to get to the camp ground map and then reserve a camp site. Kacie and I staying at site 25. Sites 19, 18, 16, and 15 are all right near eachother and available.

This is all I could find Huey, nothing else has sites open on the East side of Tahoe.

#114216 - 12/09/03 03:14 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Huey Offline

Thanks for checking that out Greg!

I've got my site #18 and it will accomidate 2 vehicles if someone doesn't mind sharing with me. It's only for Sat though (I don't think I want to drive in Friday night). Cost is $20+9(reservation cost :rolleyes: )+5 for 2nd vehicles split up between the two of us.

If you haven't reserved do it soon, I have no idea how long before the rest of the plots fill.
Here\'s the link again

#114217 - 12/09/03 03:51 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
XSAL Offline

Anyone has trails that we all might want to try? I'm looking at some (OHV) trails in the North of Truckee... [Smoking]

#114218 - 14/09/03 09:00 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Anonymous
Unregistered

5. XPLORx4, caravanning with Huey (possibly) on Fri nite and group camping, returning Sunday.
6. Racer Xterra [Sat & Sun]
I'll hopefully do some trails, too. Yeah, baby!

#114219 - 15/09/03 02:45 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Huey Offline

I just got word that other Nissans are more than welcome to join us in this event! So spread the word guys!

1. Huey, camping w/ NCCX, Sat mornin, 10am
6. Racer Xterra [Sat & Sun]

#114220 - 15/09/03 05:50 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
XSAL Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Huey:
I just got word that other Nissans are more than welcome to join us in this event! So spread the word guys!
Cool smile More Nissan vehicles can participate.

Huey,

This link shows Bear Valley Loop and some other OHV's in the area...

There was another website that listed the BVL pics and descriptions, but it looks like they updated their web site. [Freak]

#114221 - 15/09/03 08:03 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is a chance we will make it. I've to get that oil pan on first though [Freak] .

#114222 - 15/09/03 10:18 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
XPLORx4 Offline

Huey, if your site can still accomodate one extra vehicle, I'll share the cost with you on Saturday. I wasn't much looking forward to driving up late Friday after work anyway. Actually, come to think of it... I'm not really looking forward to leaving before the crack of dawn on Saturday, either! :p

Let me know if this is OK!

#114223 - 15/09/03 10:34 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Huey Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XPLORx4:
Huey, if your site can still accomodate one extra vehicle, I'll share the cost with you on Saturday...

Let me know if this is OK!
You're the 1st to reply, so it's yours. smile

#114224 - 16/09/03 10:42 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
XSAL Offline

Okay, Huey and I had a little meeting over the phone [Argue] ...So those of you who are looking forward to finding out what trail we are going to hit on Sunday (9/28)... It is...

Bear Valley Loop OHV Trail (since nobody else really named any other trails. :p )

Description
Location: N of hwy 89 and the Hanness Pass Rd intersection & SE of Sierraville
Distance: 18 miles round trip
Rate: difficult.
Elevation: approx. 6,600 ft.
Nearest Campground: Bear Valley Campground, approximately 5 miles off of Hwy 89, 10 sites

Direction
Take Hwy 89 N from Truckee for approx. 15 miles. Stay on Hwy 89 for 1.15 miles after the Hwy 89 & Hanness Pass Rd intersection. Take Bear Valley Rd for 5 miles. -> Arrive at Bear Valley Campground & the loop begins.

There are hardly any reports/reviews by 4x4 clubs/organizations about this trail. I think we expect the trail to be 5 out of 10 (like Slick Rock) even though it is rated "difficult" by them .

Huey's looking into some nearby OHV trails as well...just in case some of you rather try moderate trail... :rolleyes:

#114225 - 16/09/03 11:25 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
KJ_dragon Offline

Something stock and newbie friendly would be appreciated.

#114226 - 17/09/03 12:15 AM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
XSAL Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
Something stock and newbie friendly would be appreciated.
Is it mad , :rolleyes: , or [Uh Oh !] tone of voice?

Slick Rock has been done by a stock clearance Xterra in the past. Yes, I'm talking about Roberta. She has ARB bumper and 31x10.50R15 BFG AT. She scraped the bottom and scratched a fender a bit, but received no major (or even minor) damages.

So, with a spotter and careful driving, I'd think that no stock xterra would/will be damaged on the Bear Valley Loop. (By the way, Deer Valley is rated 6 and 7 out of 10 by CaliforniaJeeper.com)

Disclaimer: I am only guessing the difficulty of the trail from the pictures I've seen. Looked challenging, but not extreme.

...??? KJ, Are you camping on Sat. night for Sun. trail run, instead of only Sat. day trip? confused

#114227 - 17/09/03 10:05 AM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Huey Offline

Hey no worries guys, there are plenty of trails out there and we will do something that is appropriate for everyone. BTW, a 5 is doable with a stock Xterra. smile

#114228 - 17/09/03 10:49 AM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
KJ_dragon Offline

I still plan on just doing a day trip.

I guess I misunderstood the schedule. I thought we where going to do a quick trail after the Xterra Championships? I figured, I could day trip the Xterra thing and explore a few trails too. Now that I think about it, thats kinda silly to think that it could be all be done in one day.

I may have to re-think this. eek

#114229 - 17/09/03 12:10 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
XPLORx4 Offline

#114230 - 17/09/03 12:21 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
XSAL Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
I guess I misunderstood the schedule. I thought we where going to do a quick trail after the Xterra Championships? I figured, I could day trip the Xterra thing and explore a few trails too. Now that I think about it, thats kinda silly to think that it could be all be done in one day.
It could be, and ...well, Huey's original post does say...
Quote:
Janet is working on finding an off-road excursion for us for Saturday after the competition - and believes we can find something that will work for a 2 hour session... although we'd have to drive 30 mins to start it. Nissan will provide lunch.
So, there might be a short trail run on Saturday, but I was talking about Sunday run for just our own since we are already in a good region for wheeling. :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal