2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#114256 - 24/09/03 11:24 AM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by But I'm Shiffy Too:
"The purpose of the event is to showcase the Nissan Xterra vehicle, and only Xterra vehicles are eligible for entry"

Whats up with that? Frontiers are the same vehicle except for the truck bed. Now I'm pissed.
Jason, remeber this is for the Nissan Xterra Championships, a physical endurance/race/other phisical activities event. Nissan wanted their vehicle (the Xetrra) to be showcased during the event to promote the races and for marketing purposes.

In the past it has been an Xterra ONLY event and this year I asked if other nissans could come, but not be entered into the show and shine contest. So you are more than welcome to come show your truck (without being in the contest) and hang out with us (free give aways, lunch and off-roading with nissan), but please understand that this was originally an Xterra only event as it pretained to the Xterra Championships.

#114257 - 24/09/03 12:08 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Good thing Nissan's ad campaign has "shifted", or it probably would still be an Xterra-only event!

SHIFT_community

*Hint- that means ALL Nissans! smile

#114258 - 24/09/03 12:20 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Tolleyy Offline

Loc: Wheatland, CA
OK there's a lot of posts and I'm confused( not that hard to do [Freak] ). Can I come up and wheel with you guys on sunday or is that just an X thing? and where and when would I meet you guys if I can come play. how hard is the course? Do I need to fill out a form for this? Thanks for having patience with me [Wave]

Mike
04 Titan LE CC BT OR E-locker Hypertech max energy DIY airbox mod PAC-Audio IPOD navigation video interface with night vision back up camera 295/70/17 Terra Grapplers Bilstein 5100's all around with 08 PRO4X springs up front and lovin it!

#114259 - 24/09/03 12:25 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Note that this is NOT EXACTLY a Nissan event. This is an XterraPlanet event, which is sponsored by Nissan. Nissan approached the Xterraplanet organization a few years ago to "borrow" the rights to the Xterra name. In exchange, Nissan would become a major sponsor of the triathalon.

It makes sense that Xterra's will be the center of attention at this event. However, other Nissans are invited - they just won't be the featured vehicle.

#114260 - 24/09/03 12:31 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
KJ_dragon Offline

To generate interest, I thought I would repost my pics from last year.

Pics from the 5k/10k race (Johnnyx's wife was the first female finisher)

Pics from the bike Race (I came in dead last in my category [Freak] )

Misc Pics from the event

Show and Shine Winners

Pics of the SWAG that I went home with

#114261 - 24/09/03 01:09 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
XPLORx4 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tolleyy:
OK there's a lot of posts and I'm confused( not that hard to do [Freak] ). Can I come up and wheel with you guys on sunday or is that just an X thing? and where and when would I meet you guys if I can come play. how hard is the course? Do I need to fill out a form for this? Thanks for having patience with me [Wave]

Mike
Mike, if you want to join us, just show up at the OHV staging area as described here . This is just us guys going 'wheeling on Sunday after we pack up camp; nothing "official", so there's no form or anything. I'm pretty sure this "Barker Pass" trail is not that difficult. I may have done it several years ago, before I had my lift.

#114262 - 24/09/03 01:12 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Huey Offline

Quote:

Mike
Mike, you can join us for both days or just one of the two. All nissans are invited to the event, it's just the show and shine contest that is limited to Xetrras. Sunday is a NCCX run and has nothing to do with the event. smile

#114263 - 24/09/03 01:22 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Huey Offline

Hopefully I can clear up some confusion here... smile

Here's the tentative schedual for this weekend.

Sat
-------------
10-11am Arrive at Incline Village for the Nissan Xterra Championships
-In no paticular order and times are TBD
--Show and Shine contest for Xterras only
--Display area for ALL Nissan trucks
--Lunch with Nissan (open to all Nissans)
--Off-roading with Nissan (open to all Nissans)
-Dinner with NCCX/all nissans (TBD) after the event

Sun
-----------
12pm Trail Ride with NCCX/all nissans (Baker Pass Loop)

#114264 - 24/09/03 02:13 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Quote:
Originally posted by Huey:
Saturday
Any more details on this? :rolleyes: confused

#114265 - 24/09/03 02:18 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Tolleyy Offline

Thanks for clearing that up!

I'd love to come up saturday, but I'll be playing Mr. mom that day, but I'm shooting for sunday... just gotta get the ok from the boss!
04 Titan LE CC BT OR E-locker Hypertech max energy DIY airbox mod PAC-Audio IPOD navigation video interface with night vision back up camera 295/70/17 Terra Grapplers Bilstein 5100's all around with 08 PRO4X springs up front and lovin it!

#114266 - 24/09/03 02:47 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Huey Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XSAL:
Quote:
[b]Saturday
Any more details on this? :rolleyes: confused [/b]
Nope, I don't think i will know anything about when and where untill the day of the event.

confused

There is a slight chance that off-roading on Sat may not happen, but either way we will find a trail and run it. smile

#114267 - 24/09/03 06:23 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
KaiOtiK Offline

Loc: Mountain View, Ca.
Hey All,

Is anyone planning to leave Friday after work?

When is everyone planning on heading for home...Sunday or Monday?

Thanx,

#114268 - 25/09/03 05:49 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Dos Equis Offline

Loc: Concord
I am leaving in an hour. We will see you guys up there. We will be coming back on Sunday afternoon. See you all up there.

Any stickers, Huey?

#114269 - 25/09/03 11:42 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Huey Offline

I have a pathfinder transfercase skid plate for anyone that is going on the trip, FREE to a good home if you don't have one. If no one takes it I'll bring it to the next In-N-Out meet. smile BTW, it includes mounting hardware too.

#114270 - 26/09/03 12:22 AM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello Folks!

I'm running into some problems at work and may need to work this weekend - Huey, will it be a big deal if the club loses an Xterra entry? Let me know..

Thx

#114271 - 26/09/03 10:05 AM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Huey Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Racer Xterra:
Hello Folks!

I'm running into some problems at work and may need to work this weekend - Huey, will it be a big deal if the club loses an Xterra entry? Let me know..

Thx
Not a big deal, but try and make it if you can, should be fun. smile

#114272 - 26/09/03 10:49 AM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
XPLORx4 Offline

Hey guys, what time do we need to be in Incline Village? What's the schedule for the day?

I am considering stopping by Nissan-only Wreckers in Rancho Cordova to pick up a replacement rear lower control arm, but the shop doesn't open until 9am.

Rancho Cordova is only about 2.5 hours from my house, and Incline Village is another ~3 hours from Rancho Cordova, so it would mean I'd not arrive until around noon.

#114273 - 26/09/03 10:57 AM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Huey Offline

Dean, I'm shooting to be at Incline between 10 and 11, but since you won't be in the contest, just give me a ring on my cell tomorrow morning and I can give you an update as to our schedual.

#114274 - 26/09/03 11:40 AM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
sonnyc Offline

Loc: SJ, CA.
Quote:
Dean, I'm shooting to be at Incline between 10 and 11, but since you won't be in the contest, just give me a ring on my cell tomorrow morning and I can give you an update as to our schedual.
I'll see you guys on Sunday. The time to meet at the trail's head is still 12:00 Noon right?

Huey, can you please PM me your cell #'s too just incase. cool

Anyone else heading up for Sunday only? I'll take off around 7-ish AM. [Sleep]

#114275 - 26/09/03 11:46 AM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Huey Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by dupersc:
...12:00 Noon right?

Correct! And I PMed my cell number to ya.

#114276 - 26/09/03 12:27 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Quote:
Originally posted by XPLORx4:
...I am considering stopping by Nissan-only Wreckers in Rancho Cordova to pick up a replacement rear lower control arm, but the shop doesn't open until 9am.

Rancho Cordova is only about 2.5 hours from my house, and Incline Village is another ~3 hours from Rancho Cordova, so it would mean I'd not arrive until around noon.
"Yahoo maps" says Sunnyvale to Rancho Cordova is about 130 miles; it takes you about 2 hours. If the shop doesn't open until 9 am, then you don't have to leave your home until about 7 am. That sounds better than getting up earlier to get to the meeting place @ 5 am in Mountain View and 6 am in Pleasant Hill. (You can get a couple more hours of sleep. wink )

IF we did a trail run sponsored by Nissan on Saturday, I'm sure that'd be in the afternoon. So, in your case, leaving about 7 am and arriving at Incline Village about noon should work better than the original plan? :rolleyes:

#114277 - 26/09/03 01:10 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
KJ_dragon Offline

Man, I am feeling really beat right now. I hope I am not coming down with something. I have a bunch of buddies who are all sick or were sick recently.

In case, I feel like crap tomorrow, I may not make it to Tahoe. Right now, my plan is to meet up with the Bay Area Caravan at Concord (at 6am [Freak] ) - but we will see.

Huey,
In case, you don't see me - it probably means I am A) late and overslept, or B)sick and skipping out.

If I am late, I will just meet up with everyone later in the morning.

#114278 - 26/09/03 03:14 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
Tolleyy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by dupersc:
Quote:
[b]Dean, I'm shooting to be at Incline between 10 and 11, but since you won't be in the contest, just give me a ring on my cell tomorrow morning and I can give you an update as to our schedual.
I'll see you guys on Sunday. The time to meet at the trail's head is still 12:00 Noon right?

Huey, can you please PM me your cell #'s too just incase. cool

Anyone else heading up for Sunday only? I'll take off around 7-ish AM. [Sleep]

...[/b]
I'll be heading up on Sunday myself. Just me and Cameron( my 6 yr old son). What time did you think you're going to be buzzing thru Sac?

#114279 - 26/09/03 03:26 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
XPLORx4 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XSAL:
"Yahoo maps" says Sunnyvale to Rancho Cordova is about 130 miles; it takes you about 2 hours. If the shop doesn't open until 9 am, then you don't have to leave your home until about 7 am. That sounds better than getting up earlier to get to the meeting place @ 5 am in Mountain View and 6 am in Pleasant Hill. (You can get a couple more hours of sleep.
I think that will be my plan, then. I just don't want to miss out on any freebies (like lunch, hats, or T-shirts! laugh )

#114280 - 26/09/03 04:02 PM Re: Nissan Xterra USA Championship (new info) and sign-up!
sonnyc Offline

Loc: SJ, CA.
Quote:
...I'll be heading up on Sunday myself. Just me and Cameron( my 6 yr old son). What time did you think you're going to be buzzing thru Sac?
Mike,

I'll take off around 7:00 AM so I guess I'll pass by Sac around 8ish-9 am or so? Wanna meet somewhere, like at Foreshill McDonald around 9:00 AM?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal