2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#114647 - 16/08/06 10:45 PM Looks to easy
Anonymous
Unregistered

This looks to easy...to do that is - belly up!

Google Video
This video is new to me so please bear with me...

So the question; is thats what it looks like not having rear lockers?

from what I can see is he jumped and bounced, did not crawl....

#114648 - 16/08/06 11:03 PM Re: Looks to easy
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
No, that was not caused by having an open rear differential. It was caused by a number of other things not specifically related to the equipment in use at the time. That obstacle, known as the "Golden Stairs" is particularly tricky to successfully climb, but does not necessitate the use of a locker. There were several long (and controversial) threads about this rollover a few days/weeks after the event happened, in 2004, which is why I'll refrain from going into further detail.

#114649 - 17/08/06 03:07 PM Re: Looks to easy
Steel_City_X Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
Part of the difficulty of this and other obstacles is when you have front and rears wheels trying to climb ledges simultaneously. Locked or not, this situation can be a problem.

Certain obstacles are difficult for jeeps with wheelbase =X, others for those with wheelbase=y, and others difficult for the Xterra because of our wheelbase.

I've wlked up some obstacles when wheeling with jeeps that caused them problems, other times, I get caught up because of the Xterra's wheelbase.

Run Golden Spike a few times and then you'll understand this and the 400 +/- other damn obstacles. I've run during EJS when a Jeep rolled on a simple ledge, because of minor problem with the line the driver took. Everyone has an opinion, he may had been 3 to 6 inches too far right, may have been too heavy on the right foot. This video unfortunately has been around and around for a couple years. It was a bad day for those who were there, luckily nobody got hurt.

It was fun to wheel with the driver because he was willing to try anything.

Todd
First Xterra IFS or SAS up Moab Rim...#2 up Mt. Blanca.
African Adventure pictures....
http://homepage.mac.com/ahlenius/

#114650 - 17/08/06 04:31 PM Re: Looks to easy
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
Nicely put guys.

UT48, if you need more info do a search and you will find it (just please don't revive any threads unless you have a legit question). I'm going to lock this tread, there has been plenty of talk on this already.

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal