2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#114953 - 03/07/03 09:43 AM Re: 7/5 Day Trip to Sour Grass and (some other trail)
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tolleyy:
So is this a fairly easy trail?
You will be fine mike, there are by-passes where it gets rocky so you can save your CL. smile

#114954 - 03/07/03 09:48 AM Re: 7/5 Day Trip to Sour Grass and (some other trail)
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by CharlieX:

Huey, have you busted off the adjustment knobs on those Ranchos yet? laugh I have to get new ones (knobs), fortunately they broke off set at 5 :rolleyes:
Ouch! Mine are still intact, just imagine if you didn't have the skidz, it would have been wayyy worse! eek

BTW, what about this instaed?

It has a lower profile than the knob, but costs more... but hey atleast you can adjust them without getting dirty. laugh

#114955 - 03/07/03 10:41 AM Re: 7/5 Day Trip to Sour Grass and (some other trail)
MickB Offline

Loc: Grass Valley, CA
Looks like I can make it Saturday.

1. Huey [7:30 @ Pleasanton & 11 @ the Sour Grass trail head]
2. Danny (tentatively)
3. Tolleyy with kid ( trailhead sat. morning)
6. Shiffy (meeting up there Fri. night or Sat. morning
7. Andy -aka- KaiOtiK...Departing Friday Morning & Camping thru Sunday
8. Mick w/kids (trailhead Sat. morning)

#114956 - 03/07/03 12:10 PM Re: 7/5 Day Trip to Sour Grass and (some other trail)
Dos Equis Offline

Loc: Concord
Hey Guys,Can't make it but I tried looking up some of those trails and found this link: http://4crawler.cruiserpages.com/4x4/CA-4/index.shtml

May be interesting for those like my self who have not been wheeling much and have not been out to HWY 4 trails at all. Looking forward to seeing a report on this one, take some good pics.

For future reference; Have Chainsaw, Will Travel.

#114957 - 03/07/03 01:46 PM Re: 7/5 Day Trip to Sour Grass and (some other trail)
slomatt Offline

Loc: Bay Area, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by But I'm Shiffy Too:
Sign me up:
----------------------
1. Huey [7:30 @ Pleasanton & 11 @ the Sour Grass trail head]
2. Danny (tentatively)
3. Tolleyy with kid ( or kids)
6. Shiffy (meeting up there Fri. night or Sat. morning
7. Andy -aka- KaiOtiK...Departing Friday Morning & Camping thru Sunday
--------------------

So does the road to SourGrass go down a long paved road on the side of a mountain to get to the trailhead? If it does I think that was the first place we used to go before we discovered Corral Hollow. Is there a "Big Trees Realty" on the corner of hwy.4? I think I know where your talking about.
Boards Crossing Road should the first road you hit in Dorrington, across from the Dorrington General Store. I'm 90% sure that it's the one where the Big Trees Realty office is (should remember, I drove by it last wekeend, doh).

- Matt

#114958 - 03/07/03 03:11 PM Re: 7/5 Day Trip to Sour Grass and (some other trail)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kaiotik, Where are you planning on camping the first night? I might try to find you guys when I get up there Fri. night.

Jason

#114959 - 03/07/03 08:34 PM Re: 7/5 Day Trip to Sour Grass and (some other trail)
KaiOtiK Offline

Loc: Mountain View, Ca.
Hey Shiffy & XPLORx4,

I'm going to camp along the river at the top of the Sourgrass Trail approximantly 3 to 4 miles in.

If you like, I will meet you at the beginning of the Sourgrass Trail between 4pm & 8pm...Then we can go up Sourgrass Trail together.

Let me know when & where to meet you...I'll be checking the posts later on tonight...Or you can email me at: kaiotik@earthlink.net

We might spot XPLORx4 before we get to our campsight...Went up 2 weeks ago...What a great campsite.

I'll see you there,

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal