2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#115620 - 09/03/04 09:38 PM LSD installed!
debgary Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Installed by the Speed Merchant in San Jose. Work done in half a day. $430, cause I didn't remove it, I drove it in. Go ahead and criticize for paying extra. At least I'm comfortable knowing the whole installation is warrantied. I asked if the truck had been road tested in 4x4 and they said yes then pointed out a note the differential mechanic had put on the invoice, something like; "Warning, do not drive in 4x4 in the snow because this is like a locker differential, you'll just slide all over". Being a bit skeptical I tried it out when I got home. It is very tight. I won't try that again on dry pavement, but I'm sure it will be fine on loose soils. Calmini indicated that it could make some noise for a short time but I had none. I'll have to get down to Hollister as soon as possible to give it a good run. [Laughing]

#115621 - 10/03/04 09:04 AM Re: LSD installed!
olebiker Offline

Loc: Novato
Nice! I would like to see the side by side difference this makes with a stock rig. And, compare the difference to a rear locked rig without the front LSD.
BTW, you can get spare half shafts used from Autogator.com for $80 laugh
So, now you're ready for the spring Rubicon trip?

#115622 - 10/03/04 04:03 PM Re: LSD installed!
debgary Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Rubicon, mmmmmmm. Maybe, as long as it's not the first weekend of the month. You know, military and all. What are the dates?

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal