2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#115648 - 21/02/05 08:41 PM Re: NCCX Titan opinions?
Tolleyy Offline

Loc: Wheatland, CA
congrat's on the trailer... looks like you should be towing that just fine. I wouldn't worry about the alternator, just add a 2nd battery if you don't have one and plug it in the night before a trip. As far as the X you're getting the right equipment for towing. You probably will want to get a tranny cooler and maybe even a temp gauge for those long pulls up the sierra's.
We'll have to get together this summer and go do a trip here at cisco grove.

It's a mile up from the eagle lakes trail and right at the middle exit of fordyce trail... real nice place.
04 Titan LE CC BT OR E-locker Hypertech max energy DIY airbox mod PAC-Audio IPOD navigation video interface with night vision back up camera 295/70/17 Terra Grapplers Bilstein 5100's all around with 08 PRO4X springs up front and lovin it!

#115649 - 22/02/05 05:28 AM Re: NCCX Titan opinions?
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
Looks good! A brake controller for the Xterra would be a good idea...other than that you should be fine. The cooler is up to you, but I never had any difficulty--If you are planning to pull a lot, I would get one installed though. Have fun with it.

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#115650 - 22/02/05 12:56 PM Re: NCCX Titan opinions?
slamson00 Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Thanks for the advice. Yeah its funny when you buy a trailer all of a sudden you are LOOKING for places to go. laugh That area sounds fun. I plan on doing ALOT of pull up....drop the trailer...then head out and hit the trails...then head back the next day. Gives me some options now that I don't have to do all in one day trips (since my wife wasn't big on tent camping).

I have thought about getting a AT cooler installed. Would you recommend doing that over just replacing the standard ATF with synthetic?

#115651 - 22/02/05 05:04 PM Re: NCCX Titan opinions?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Changing the atf tosynthetic will reduce friction, and lower temps + help (a little) with the mpg's.. replacing the rear diff & xfercase with synthetic would help also.

#115652 - 22/02/05 08:08 PM Re: NCCX Titan opinions?
slamson00 Offline

Thanks for the input.....do you know of a good ATF synthetic that will work well in the X?

#115653 - 23/02/05 10:48 AM Re: NCCX Titan opinions?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just my $0.02.

I've a tent trailer which I've been towing with an F350 (4x4 crew cab 7.5L carbureted).

When I bought my X, my best friend suggested that I could probably sell off the F350 since I would be able to tow with the X instead.

I decided to continue using the F350 for towing since even going up to Mount Larsen last summer was a stretch with the trailer, 6 people, camping equipment, bicycles etc etc. Don't want to put my new X through all that pain smile

One possibility, if you want to go offroading, is to get a cabover camper on a Titan, then tow the X behind it.

Ben

#115654 - 23/02/05 11:19 AM Re: NCCX Titan opinions?
slamson00 Offline

Thanks for the .02.

Well considering I just bought the trailer and am yet to pull with the X.....I will have to see how it does for myself. I have heard numerous stories that the X should tow what I have just fine in 90% of situation......excluding long extended steep grades I may be down below 50 mph.

I was hoping to avoid another "payment" buy avoiding a new rig. To me the Titan is just to big to wheel with (the opinion of others on here) so it really isn't an option for me. If I ever went for a new pull vehicle I would proabably go Frontier Crew Cab (6100 lbs tow cap) because it can still fit down the trails I want to do and can tow.

Or my goodness I should shoot myself for saying this but the new 05' Tacos can tow up to 6500 lbs with a their legit towing package. Damn can't even believe I admited thinking about doing that. laugh

#115655 - 23/02/05 11:20 AM Re: NCCX Titan opinions?
slamson00 Offline

BTW....

Does anyone out there recommend a good synthetic ATF for the 2000 X V6 4x4? I am having a hard time finding an answer on this.

Thanks

#115656 - 24/02/05 07:25 AM Re: NCCX Titan opinions?
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
I ran Redline ATF (synthetic) in mine until I sold it with no ill effects. There are plenty out there to choose from and can drastically reduce tranny temps...it would be worth it. I didn't have a cooler installed when I was towing with the X--maybe it was the fluid that kept the temps in the happy range smile

I would swap fluid in the Titan, but found out that other than Nissan fluid in the trans would make it blow up--needless to say, the Titan will pretty much stay bone-stock.

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#115657 - 24/02/05 10:03 AM Re: NCCX Titan opinions?
Robinhood150 Offline

Loc: Mesa, Az
I'm running amsoil in my 4runner. I've got a guy you can order it from too.

#115658 - 02/03/05 02:15 PM Re: NCCX Titan opinions?
slamson00 Offline

Well made the purchase of the synthetic ATF (Mobile 1) today.....have an appointment tomorrow for the flush and install. Then head down to Los Banos on Friday to pick up my new (used) trailer and have the electronic brakes installed on the X and pick up my equilizer hitch and accessories. Hopefully all this will make the X a pretty capible tow rig that I can still drop the trailer on and head out on the trail. Hoping to have the best of both worlds. Only time will tell.

Thanks for all the advice....I will report back after I pull her back to Sac this weekend.

#115659 - 08/03/05 03:25 PM Re: NCCX Titan opinions?
slamson00 Offline

Well....just wanted to report the update. Got my brake controller installed....7 pin harness installed....equilizer hitch and sway control....and made my first long distance pull with my new used trailer on Saturday. Granted it wasn't the most mountainous route but from Los Banos on I-5 to South Stockton there are a number of rolling hills. Held 60 mph just fine as I switched between OD on and off. Pulled very smooth and confident....at least by the end of the trip I felt confident.

Love the new used trailer too. Now comes the fun part of outfitting it and deciding where I want to make reservation the next coming months. Thanks for all the advice.

#115660 - 09/03/05 11:32 AM Re: NCCX Titan opinions?
Tolleyy Offline

Cool! Glad to here you towed ok with it. I see an eagle lakes camping run in the future now!!
04 Titan LE CC BT OR E-locker Hypertech max energy DIY airbox mod PAC-Audio IPOD navigation video interface with night vision back up camera 295/70/17 Terra Grapplers Bilstein 5100's all around with 08 PRO4X springs up front and lovin it!

#115661 - 09/03/05 04:44 PM Re: NCCX Titan opinions?
slamson00 Offline

Sounds good to me...........mix in some off roading and you are looking at a great weekend.

#115662 - 10/03/05 12:49 PM Re: NCCX Titan opinions?
Tolleyy Offline

Exactly... go run the trail... come back to camp and have some beers and BBQ. That's a good weekend trail run cool

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal