2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#116869 - 20/07/04 10:30 AM Adopt a trail??
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Hi everyone,
I think we should adopt a trail!
Help preserve land for reasonable use... we could open and close it every year, perform clean-up and general maintenance on a regular basis.
What do you think?
Thx,
Catherine

#116870 - 20/07/04 06:56 PM Re: Adopt a trail??
slamson00 Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
I think its a great idea...schedule permiting I know I would like to help. Should be a trail the club likes to run often.....maybe like BRT or Pardoes? I started to look at this back in the day I was running the club but didn't get to many takers back then.......maybe we have the people power to do it this time?

#116871 - 20/07/04 08:08 PM Re: Adopt a trail??
patrickmb Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA
Catherine!!! [Wave]

We started to go through channels to officially adopt BRT but the red tape and non-responsiveness of the powers that be kinda squashed it. Here is the thread on the North American Board about the attempt... Adopt BRT thread

That being said.... we could 'unofficially' adopt a trail. I would be into it.

#116872 - 21/07/04 07:18 AM Re: Adopt a trail??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am definately in. Although we did not have good luck with BRT, we could try another trail. I would be really interested in Pardoe(if it is not already taken). Let me know if I can help set this up in any way.

[Wave]
Casper

#116873 - 21/07/04 08:26 AM Re: Adopt a trail??
olebiker Offline

Loc: Novato
I think this is a great idea. However, having spent a LOT of time tracking down the correct official, then being treated like a perp, or informant at best, I decided it prudent to just continue doing what we do. That is, stop, take a moment to pick up trash along the trails. Observe good etiquette on the trails and tread lightly. Inform others, and coax them to do the same. I've seen a horrific change in many of our trails..to the point I don't care to share them with the kinds of people that ruin it for others. Many legislator's are hammering to close trails we've enjoyed for decades and they have a good case to do so. A few jerks can cause a lot of polution and harm in the form of trash, waste and damage to the landscape. And the problem is, they won't let us shoot them and they are just too damned stupid to learn that this kind of action is going to cause the closing of our trails! So, we do what we can!

#116874 - 21/07/04 10:11 AM Re: Adopt a trail??
Robinhood150 Offline

Loc: Mesa, Az
Perhaps you guys should get in contact with the forest service at Arnold. That's our contact for our Sour Grass adopt-a-trail and they are very supportive of off roaders. Maybe they can help you find a trail or get around the BRT FS morons.

Contact Terry Johnson, he's the president of my club..."Gettin' off 4x4" terryj4x4@comcast.net

#116875 - 23/07/04 02:00 PM Re: Adopt a trail??
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
smile Okay boys, let me work my charm for a bit and see what I can come up with, maybe my luck will be better!

#116876 - 23/07/04 05:11 PM Re: Adopt a trail??
olebiker Offline

Loc: Novato
BTW, BRT is adopted by Fiddler Footed Offroad so maybe we should consider Pardoes? It's really pretty and well suited for the X and as far as I know, not adopted and it's not in Toiyabe National Forest (home to commie pinko's) so we may be better received. I would commit a few weekends a year to maintenance and cleaning. So, please do spin your magic!

#116877 - 23/07/04 06:39 PM Re: Adopt a trail??
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
We've had good luck with the Forrestry officials here in the Reno area, but they probably don't want to lose us...I think the club has put in something like 1500 volunteer hours in the past year! I think Pardoes is adopted by a club already, but perhaps they could use a hand, or are ready to turn it over. Either way, any trail, count me in...

Quote:
Originally posted by olebiker:
BTW, BRT is adopted by Fiddler Footed Offroad so maybe we should consider Pardoes? It's really pretty and well suited for the X and as far as I know, not adopted and it's not in Toiyabe National Forest (home to commie pinko's) so we may be better received. I would commit a few weekends a year to maintenance and cleaning. So, please do spin your magic!

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#116878 - 30/07/04 03:55 PM Re: Adopt a trail??
debgary Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
The following was printed in the latest edition of Off-Road Adventures, published by 4Wheel Parts;
"Tread Lightly's Restoration for Recreation program distributes grants to qualified applicants to repair and enhance recreational trails". Tread Lightly established it's Restoration to Recreation program back in 1997. Since then, TL and it's government partners, industry, non-governmental partners, along with the hands-on work of volunteers has been transforming damaged and degraded areas back into usable recreation resources. Any Tread Lightly member club who has pinpointed an area in need of enhancement with new construction or restoration has the oppurtunity to apply for a grant to fund the project. Contact them at 801-627-0077 or toll-free at 800-966-9900, or check out www.treadlightly.org. I don't know if this more than what you were looking for and I don't know what it takes to a member club of Tread Lightly. FYI - Nissan North America,Inc. was partnered in a restoration project at Telluride, CO.

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal