2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#117364 - 29/12/04 01:05 PM Re: Week day snow trip
Anonymous
Unregistered

We were right behind Mike (??-SORRY!! I'm so bad with names (drives the yellow X)) we were the first cars in the long traffic hold just before you hit the donner summit. I think most of the rest of the group made it through before caltrans stopped traffic.

Had to wait about 1hr or so before they let us pass. We heard about the accidents, but didn't see any on the way down. All cleared up.

#117365 - 29/12/04 01:37 PM Re: Week day snow trip
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wanted to let everyone know that we had a good time and can't wait for the next trip. Glad to hear everyone made it home safe.

alfalfa

#117366 - 29/12/04 03:27 PM Re: Week day snow trip
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XSAL:
We did have fun while waiting on the freeway for it to open up, though. laugh
Yup we sure did have fun waiting for the road to open. Akio and Catherine made us some hot cocoa and alfalfa provided us with some beat to keep our bodies moving. "crip dance" [Spit] It was nice to meet everyone! [Smoking] laugh [Wave]

#117367 - 29/12/04 03:40 PM Re: Week day snow trip
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just finished uploading the pictures
enjoy!!! smile

#117368 - 29/12/04 05:06 PM Re: Week day snow trip
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
Glad everyone got home safe! That drive home was a mess.

Aside from that it was a good trip, hope to see everyone on upcoming outings.

smile

#117369 - 29/12/04 06:47 PM Re: Week day snow trip
slomatt Offline

Loc: Bay Area, CA
I'm glad everybody made it home safely. Sorry to hear about your accident(s) Kevin, hope there is no damage.

Here are some pictures:
http://www.blankwhitepage.com/gallery/eaglelakes20041228

- Matt

#117370 - 29/12/04 08:27 PM Re: Week day snow trip
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had a tail light already which was free,the bumper was straightened with a a sledge hammer and crowbar laugh , a little body damage cover up by black spray paint wink and a couple of cheap parts from the dealer. Other guys vechile was messed up bad. I told him dont bother with insurance because my damage was minimal.

#117371 - 29/12/04 11:35 PM Re: Week day snow trip
sonnyc Offline

Loc: SJ, CA.
Quote:
We're finally at home at 8:20 pm. [Sleep]

It was a very eventful trip. Had a great time. smile

Sonny, how was the I-5? [Freak]
Nice meeting everyone. Next time I'll be wearing my ski pants. It was cold standing around waiting... brrrrr...

I've never seen snow came down that hard that fast before. Glad none of us really got caught in all the big mess eek

Akio, as soon I took the south exit ram to I-5 and saw it was bumper to bumper I changed to I-5 North and came back down I-80 laugh .. Got home exactly @ 8:00pm. Trird to radio you guys along the way but got nothing. confused

#117372 - 30/12/04 12:26 AM Re: Week day snow trip
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Quote:
Originally posted by sonnyc:
I changed to I-5 North and came back down I-80. laugh ..
Smart and quick thinking. smile
Quote:
Originally posted by sonnyc:
Got home exactly @ 8:00pm. Trird to radio you guys along the way but got nothing. confused
8:00 pm? You must have passed us, then? Did you take I-680 all the way? We changed to mission blvd to I-880 to 237... Oh...maybe you passed us when we stopped for gas in Dixon. George's CB antenna is non-tuneable from Radio Shack, and Andy's and mine hadn't been tuned properly. So, none of us were really able to catch signals from some distance. (We just adjusted this afternoon, though. ---Thanks, Sonny. We used an SWR you donated. laugh )

#117373 - 30/12/04 10:06 AM Re: Week day snow trip
XTER-RAW Offline

Loc: Bay Area
Quote:
Originally posted by becky's_xterra:
We were right behind Mike (??-SORRY!! I'm so bad with names (drives the yellow X))
That's me shocked . It sucked! We were sitting there for 2 hours. My kidneys were about to burst!!!!!! [Freak]

Had lots of fun regardless [ThumbsUp]

Got home @ 8:30 and played video game til' 4:30 AM [Too much XOC]

EDIT: Next trip I will have my Hitch & Recovery Kit, so I won't have to stay behind the pack (don't get lots of pics frown ) :p

#117374 - 30/12/04 10:22 AM Re: Week day snow trip
Anonymous
Unregistered

you need either a front tow hook, or at least a shackle that fits.. I tried mine (warn) they are way to big for the stock holes..

#117375 - 30/12/04 10:23 AM Re: Week day snow trip
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by outbkjack:
I had a tail light already which was free,the bumper was straightened with a a sledge hammer and crowbar laugh , a little body damage cover up by black spray paint wink and a couple of cheap parts from the dealer. Other guys vechile was messed up bad. I told him dont bother with insurance because my damage was minimal.
picture!!!

#117376 - 30/12/04 12:56 PM Re: Week day snow trip
XSAL Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XTER-RAW:
It sucked! We were sitting there for 2 hours. My kidneys were about to burst!!!!!! [Freak]
I guess you weren't so lucky to stop next to those porta potties on the freeway, huh? wink That's the first place I went as soon as I came to a stop. laugh

George: You have my small D-shackle from pulling out that ... Can you keep it in your truck, so that I can get it from you next time I see you?

By the way, does anyone want a stock tow hook? I've been carrying it on my truck for last two years for no reason.... If you want it, it's yours...

#117377 - 30/12/04 02:43 PM Re: Week day snow trip
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
[QUOTE]
George: You have my small D-shackle from pulling out that ... Can you keep it in your truck, so that I can get it from you next time I see you?
Yup the D-shackle is in good hands, great recovery on a blizzard. Feels great when you pull someone out laugh . Did the guy thank any of you???

#117378 - 30/12/04 02:59 PM Re: Week day snow trip
XSAL Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by GrgX:
Did the guy thank any of you???
Well, I think I heard the guy says "thanks" to someone, but it wasn't to me. It's okay...we did a good thing... We had the ability to help out, so we did. It doesn't matter if we helped an appreciative person or not. smile

Here are some more pictures . Most of them were taken by Catherine. smile

#117379 - 30/12/04 03:21 PM Re: Week day snow trip
sonnyc Offline

Quote:
Thanks, Sonny. We used an SWR you donated. laugh )[/QB]
Cool.. glad to know it's being used laugh
How far the range can you get now?

Coming down I-80, I sometimes can pick up signal from far away, up to Baxter but sometimes I can't pick up Jack a few hundred yards away. confused

#117380 - 30/12/04 03:23 PM Re: Week day snow trip
sonnyc Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by GrgX:
Did the guy thank any of you???
I think the guy pretty much gave a "peace homie" sign and took off, after you pulled him out and showed him how to put his truck into 4x4. [Laughing]

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal