shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#118740 - 02/10/07 05:30 PM Washington Speeding ticket
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok so I just got handed a $456 dollar speeding ticket. I was behind heavy traffic due to construction and i was in a school zone @ 3pm (i know bad start already). I decided to make a legal U-turn and to not slow traffic down i accelerated (first gen n/a xterra and speed, cmon that's an oxymoron). Well what do you know, a police officer pulls me over. Regardless, i know im guilty, apparently he clocked me in 43 in a 20 zone.

$456 dollars seems quite much to me? Anybody have any insight. Im pretty choked considering that that is like a car payment. Are the courts usually good about reducing fines if you appear and plead guilty of the violation?

#118741 - 02/10/07 06:12 PM Re: Washington Speeding ticket
GrnXnham Offline

Loc: Tacoma, WA
Yes, you should either get it cut in half or have it so they don't tell your insurance company if you play your cards right.

Go to court and say that you were wrong. Don't try to blame the cop or make lame excuses. Just own up to it. The judges appreciate this and are more likely to give you a break.

BTW, if this is your 12th ticket in the last year--forget it! They probably won't lower it at all. They will make an example of you in this case.

#118742 - 02/10/07 06:16 PM Re: Washington Speeding ticket
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, I've gone to court each time I've received a speeding ticket or a moving violation (not many but I have a few) and every time I would get a reduced fine and supervision. I seem to get 1 or 2 tickets a year for some reason.

#118743 - 02/10/07 07:25 PM Re: Washington Speeding ticket
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok thanks for the moral support guys, i will take it up to court and admit i was guilty. Hopefully i can get a reduced penalty.

#118744 - 02/10/07 07:33 PM Re: Washington Speeding ticket
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh yeah, and no this isn't my 12th ticket it's my second. My last ticket was about 10 years ago when i was a teenager haha.

#118745 - 02/10/07 08:11 PM Re: Washington Speeding ticket
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmm, well in oregon the judges CAN NOT reduce school zone/construction tickets. Pretty sure washingtons the same way considering how much they have been patrolling school zones for the last month. Doesn't hurt to try but don't be surprised.

#118746 - 03/10/07 10:55 AM Re: Washington Speeding ticket
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by miskywhisky:
Hmm, well in oregon the judges CAN NOT reduce school zone/construction tickets. Pretty sure washingtons the same way considering how much they have been patrolling school zones for the last month. Doesn't hurt to try but don't be surprised.
hmm yeah sounds like they're trying to crack down on school zone speeding in washington too. I think i may just go ahead and pay the piper. No reason to prolong the misery, I am guilty, just surprised how much it was...no wet okoles for me this month!

Moderator:  Mosi 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal