2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#118798 - 07/01/04 12:56 AM Big Snow storm
couchpotato Offline

Loc: washington state
I had no choice. I had to go to work. This is my first 4x4 and I felt extremely justified in my purchase over the past two days driving in the snow. Some nights I would have been walking home in lesser vehicles. I love my X smile smile smile smile

#118799 - 07/01/04 03:37 AM Re: Big Snow storm
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
The whole commute sucked! In Tacoma this afternoon at 2pm I had 6" of packed snow all the way to work on I-5, nothing was plowed! It took me 45 minutes instead of 30 minutes to get to work. I had to put it in 4hi and go about 40mph the whole way to Seattle and I was still slipping aboot when I changed lanes. There wasn't a bare spot of ground visible. The trucks going Southbound on I-5 this morning had to chain up to get past the Tacoma Dome! IT was required I heard on the radio and my NOAA weather on my CB! What surprised me most was that everyone was doing a real good job of giving each other plenty of room. I didn't see anybody in the ditch? My car pool buddy stayed home as he had 9" of snow in Spanaway at 11am.
THEN it stopped snowing about 6 pm and turned into freezing rain and came down very hard! We had aboot 4" of slush in Seattle when I left for home at 1:30 am. The commute home was pretty bad too! The slush kept you from going very fast! Lane changes were non-existent! Every time I tried to pass I bogged down and got "pushed" back into my lane! I want to warn everyone about the low dips on I-5!!! Water is standing in aboot 5 different low sopts on I-5 from the 405 exit through Fife! I actually saw a tractor-trailer jack knife a half-mile in front of me! he hit a puddle taht was aboot 18" deep and a patch of ice must have been at the bottom of it? It was near the Kent-Des Moines Exit! Five different times I slowed to 5mph and "forded" these massive puddles of slush and water. When I got to the Tacoma Dome big trucks were still pulled over!!!

Just be careful out there!!!! It'll probably be fine by the time most of you read this!

-Rick

Moderator:  Mosi 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal