shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#118870 - 30/01/06 11:02 PM Photos from Clear Creek Run
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nobody's posting in the Pacific Northwest section frown

Here are some pics from my lil trip with a group from the land cruiser association this weekend. Very fun trip. Clear Creek by Harrison Lake BC.
Link

#118871 - 30/01/06 11:41 PM Re: Photos from Clear Creek Run
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice pics dude! im like you, i wish there were more x owners from around our neck of the woods...ppl say to check out PNWX.net but to me it seems like a washington/oregon dedicated site.

http://bb.bc4x4.com/ is a good site for trails in BC, but not really any x owners, just vintage 4x4'ers...

There needs to be a Western Canada Xterra club...or something...

#118872 - 31/01/06 12:59 AM Re: Photos from Clear Creek Run
Toy Man Offline

Loc: Beaverton Oregon
Quote:
ppl say to check out PNWX.net but to me it seems like a washington/oregon dedicated site
Hmmm - I think a number of BC'ers belonging to PNWX might take issue with that.

Toy Man

#118873 - 31/01/06 09:14 AM Re: Photos from Clear Creek Run
Peanut Butter Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Quote:
Originally posted by Arterra:
Nice pics dude! im like you, i wish there were more x owners from around our neck of the woods...ppl say to check out PNWX.net but to me it seems like a washington/oregon dedicated site.

http://bb.bc4x4.com/ is a good site for trails in BC, but not really any x owners, just vintage 4x4'ers...

There needs to be a Western Canada Xterra club...or something...
PNWX.net is a BC /washington/ Oregon club. Check them out.

I would also check out the BC 4X4 site. I know there us to be a group doing stock runs.

#118874 - 31/01/06 09:25 AM Re: Photos from Clear Creek Run
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Arterra, I agree with you completely we should have a Western Canada X club. Just a place were we can plan some trips, there are plenty of X's in BC.

Problem with the PNWX is that it is a little US based (only 5 BC members) would have to drive 100's of km's to meet up in Washington to go camping while there are lots of great spots around here.

Also I can't find a forum on their website...how do they communicate?

#118875 - 31/01/06 10:36 AM Re: Photos from Clear Creek Run
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice Pics!....did you make it to the Clear Creek Hot Springs? and was the Clear Creek FSR gated off the Harrison East FSR?

#118876 - 31/01/06 10:51 AM Re: Photos from Clear Creek Run
Anonymous
Unregistered

The gate to the Clear Creek FSR was open and we did make it all the way to the hotsprings although the heavy snow and a big boulder in the middle of the road made it challenging. smile

More pics:
[img]http://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=55065&stc=1&d=1138726659[/img]
[img]http://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=55066&stc=1&d=1138726659[/img]

#118877 - 31/01/06 11:00 AM Re: Photos from Clear Creek Run
Anonymous
Unregistered

Perfect...you must have used Photoshop to superimpose that blue stuff with the yellow orb in the sky in some of those pics;)

#118878 - 31/01/06 12:22 PM Re: Photos from Clear Creek Run
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Polak:
Thanks Arterra, I agree with you completely we should have a Western Canada X club. Just a place were we can plan some trips, there are plenty of X's in BC.

Problem with the PNWX is that it is a little US based (only 5 BC members) would have to drive 100's of km's to meet up in Washington to go camping while there are lots of great spots around here.

Also I can't find a forum on their website...how do they communicate?
Not sure where you get the membership number from. The club is one of the most active in North America. We have about a dozen runs a year with varied challenges (All BC runs).

There are currently over 50 active members in PNWX with 1/5 of them being from BC/Canada. we have our own private forum that is by invite only (not public). check out www.PNWX.net, create an account and shhot an email to one of the contact members who will give you access.

The club consists of people who are great friends, most of them have a huge amount of experience 4x4ing and are ALWAYS willing to lend a hand weather it is wrenching or general advise.

To sum it up PNWX is NOT only a US club.....

#118879 - 31/01/06 01:51 PM Re: Photos from Clear Creek Run
Anonymous
Unregistered

If that's true then for the most active club in N.A. you don't have a very informative website smile That's where I got the membership number from (shows only 5 BC members), all the Washington excursions oh and a $20 fee. :p

Is there a reason why it's so private? Just curious.

#118880 - 31/01/06 04:58 PM Re: Photos from Clear Creek Run
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Polak:
If that's true then for the most active club in N.A. you don't have a very informative website smile That's where I got the membership number from (shows only 5 BC members), all the Washington excursions oh and a $20 fee. :p

Is there a reason why it's so private? Just curious.
It does not have to be informative, we do not solicit new members, they find us and join up some stick some don't. Most of the core (40 or so) members have known each other for several years. The members bio's listed are not the entire membership list, some did not want to submit a Bio to be published.

We elected not to have the Forum public to control who is there, more fun when you have a closed group of people partaking, trust me it cuts the BS and aruging to zero.

If you think $20 annually is expensive, then I would advise you to stay away, make your own club and see what kind of expenses you will run into (web hosting, stickers, shirts, food for the Annual get together etc).

#118881 - 31/01/06 07:44 PM Re: Photos from Clear Creek Run
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey now... I never said that $20 anually is expensive.

I'm just trying to find out what the PNWX is all about since apparently there is more to the club than what the website shows. [drink]

#118882 - 02/02/06 09:37 AM Re: Photos from Clear Creek Run
Anonymous
Unregistered

I stand corrected. It's true the PNWX.net at first glance seems to be more US based than meets the eye. Apparently not the case, thanks for the info Claus! [ThumbsUp]

#118883 - 02/02/06 03:23 PM Re: Photos from Clear Creek Run
Jimi James Offline

Loc: North Vancouver, BC
Kind of silly really that there aren't upcoming club runs posted in this section so that new / perspective members can go out and at least do a meet & greet. I went on one BC run in 2005 but missed the other two (too busy or lazy as it were to get back into the loop again). They seemed to keep getting postponed a lot because of mixed schedules.

There's more interest in this thread here than there is usually on a BC run on the PNWX site. My suggestion is that if you guys are looking to go out and do a run together that you just organize it here. They are good guys at PNWX but you aren't really far off in thinking that it is mostly Washington / Oregon based.

#118884 - 03/02/06 09:00 AM Re: Photos from Clear Creek Run
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimi James:
Kind of silly really that there aren't upcoming club runs posted in this section so that new / perspective members can go out and at least do a meet & greet. I went on one BC run in 2005 but missed the other two (too busy or lazy as it were to get back into the loop again). They seemed to keep getting postponed a lot because of mixed schedules.

There's more interest in this thread here than there is usually on a BC run on the PNWX site. My suggestion is that if you guys are looking to go out and do a run together that you just organize it here. They are good guys at PNWX but you aren't really far off in thinking that it is mostly Washington / Oregon based.
ehh, I believe you have access to the PNWX forum, why not post the suggestion there?. and I think you should re consider the last comment

#118885 - 03/02/06 09:32 AM Re: Photos from Clear Creek Run
Anonymous
Unregistered

for not knowing anything about PNWX, you guys sure do complain ALOT.
there aren't any runs posted on our site cause its winter... :rolleyes:

#118886 - 03/02/06 09:57 AM Re: Photos from Clear Creek Run
wqbang Offline

Loc: Auburn, WA
All,

I am the Secretary/Treasurer of PNWX.

Just to clear a few things up.

We are an active club of BC, WA and OR Xterra owners.

If anyone is interested in joining, email secretary@pnwx.net and I will reply with club information.

We have a private forum specifically because every year we get probably 30 inquires into the club with only 1-3 of those being members who are serious and are active. The rest just drop in, create and account, never post and never go on a run. And this is with a PRIVATE FORUM! Can you imagine what it would be like if it were completely public?

We are a club who seeks ACTIVE members.

Every year we collect $20 in the 1st quarter and remove all members not paid up within the first three months. This dues system has worked for 3 years. It effectively retains members who are serious about the club.

As with all clubs, membership wanes and ebbs. People take jobs, have families, etc. This causes naturaul shifts in club activity. For this reason we ENCOURAGE all members to participate, lead runs and have a good time... PLEASE! (This is all the members of PNWX want).

Almost all of our wheeling areas are effectively closed for 5-6 months every year because of winter conditions.

Jimi James: login to PNWX and chat with us about your ideas. Better yet, LEAD A RUN. We are also looking for people to contribute to the website. Since it is in blog format, and PNWX member can maintain it... just ask. The club officers simply can't do everything.

Polak, Arterra, Ryando, and Hamburgler. Email me and join PNWX. Don't worry about dues, we have a 3 month grace period. WE WANT YOU TO WHEEL WITH US! If you don't like us WE WILL REFUND YOUR DUES.

Regards,

Bryan Mann
Secretary/Treasurer PNWX
secretary@pnwx.net

----------------------
ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
of
PACIFIC NORTHWEST XTERRA CLUB

ARTICLE III

Purpose: The Corporation is organized exclusively for social, charitable and educational purposes outlined under Chapter RCW 24.03.015 of the Revised Code of Washington, and under the Internal Revenue Code of the United States, section 501(c)(7) of 2001. The incorporators of the Corporation hereby declare that it shall operate to achieve the following goals:
1.1 That it provide its members and potential members with social, educational, and recreational opportunities.
1.2 That it participate in and support civic activities for the betterment of the community.
1.3 That it provide other related services and/or activities as may be determined by its Board of Directors, so long as said services and/or activities do not exceed the scope of these stated purposes, nor shall they jeopardize the status of the Corporation by violating the intent of the applicable laws of the State of Washington, Chapter 24 RCW, and the Internal Revenue Code of the United States, section 501(c)(7) of 2001.

#118887 - 03/02/06 10:00 AM Re: Photos from Clear Creek Run
BIBXTERRA Offline

Here are some pictures of some of the runs that are memebrs due in the PNWX in BC and Washington:

Vedder Mountain, Chilliwack BC

Sunrise Lake - Harrison Area, BC

Naches, Waashington:

Hopefully these pictures give you better idea of what we do. We do are runs within the Pacific Northwest and hence the name Pacific Northwest Xterra Club. We invite all interested persons interested in joining to do so.

Cheers,

#118888 - 03/02/06 01:27 PM Re: Photos from Clear Creek Run
Jimi James Offline

Loc: North Vancouver, BC
I figured I'd start something by posting that but it's all for the better I think. I'm sure they already feel more welcome and likely to join now that they have had a formal invitation from wqbang.

For the record, I have made suggestions in the past....

Clip from one of my posts on PNWX site:
Jimi James wrote:
"On a side note, I had a thought about the people that look on xoc in the pnwx section and assume that there's no activity. Is it worthwhile to post upcoming trips there so people are aware if they want to be included? Or if these are pnwx members-only trips, then maybe a copy and paste of the post trip write up would encourage others to make the effort to enter this world if they knew what they were missing. Not that changes need to be made....and I'm the last person that should probably be suggesting this but it's just someting that came to mind. Didn't Superjens do something like this once?"

Response:
"if people are interested in pnwx they usually ask on xoc. they then get directed to our site here."

Not really a "seeking new members" attitude but more a "find us if you want to" attitude. Same but different.

Though I did very much enjoy my outing, I probably won't be renewing my membership for various personal and selfish reasons. I would like encourage any BC folks to get out and join Conman, DaveX, HaggardSteve and some of the other "active" BC members of PNWX on a run - they're good guys.

#118889 - 03/02/06 05:50 PM Re: Photos from Clear Creek Run
Mosi Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
Originally posted by wqbang:
All,

If you don't like us WE WILL REFUND YOUR DUES.

Or more importantly, if you are an ass or put others in danger offroad, we will refund them for you. laugh

Moderator:  Mosi 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal