2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#118912 - 28/06/06 02:36 PM Vancouver and Beyond
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am currently planning a road trip up to BC in August. Since I am planning some time in the Pacific Northwest,I'm looking for some suggestions. Looking for some good moderate trails, waterfalls, scenic drives, off the tourist trap camping, hot springs, etc. Any info on the above or a list of good trail guides would be a great help. laugh

Cheers,
Larry Galarza
SCCX

#118913 - 29/06/06 12:58 AM Re: Vancouver and Beyond
Anonymous
Unregistered

http://www.backroadmapbooks.com/index1.php?series=bm

you can find them in most bookstores and gas stations or just order off the web. Good resource to start off with.

Have fun [Wave]

#118914 - 29/06/06 09:46 AM Re: Vancouver and Beyond
Claus Offline

Larry,

Drop by my house, I'll spot ya a frostie and steer you in the right direction.

You should consider:

Harrison:

The hot springs now have access and you will be able to camp on the beach of Harrison without permit. If you are camping mid week you will have the Beach to yourself. The hot Springs are a series of connected pools with feed from the mountain at about 80 degrees.

Whistler/Pemberton:

You can drive from Harrison to Pemberton and then Switchback through Whistler. You must take in Whistler for a night while here, the venue for the 2010 Olympics, Summertime you can get awesome deals on room rates. Tons of awesome Mountainbiking and fun bars.

I am sure the boys fro BC PNWX would love to show you around and play host. Most of the guys do not frequent XOC.

Let me know, Happy to help

Claus

#118915 - 30/06/06 11:19 AM Re: Vancouver and Beyond
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for all the info. I am planning on a night in Whistler, Harrison sounds perfect. I just might take you up on the cold one. Also ordered the backroad guide. So much to do, only 10 days to take it all in.

Cheers,
Larry

Moderator:  Mosi 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal