2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#119021 - 15/08/06 12:26 PM Shipping address south of the border
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey All,
I'm just doing some ordering from 4x4 parts (front bumper, body lift, and AALs) But shipping and taxes are gonna be a kick in the junk when the goods cross the border. Just wondering if there's anyone just south of 49 who'd be willing to let me have the stuff shipped to thier address. Then I could drive the stuff across the border myself. I could bring down some Canadian Beers to return the favour (or favor as you guys spell it).
PM or reply to lemme know.
Pete

#119022 - 15/08/06 12:36 PM Re: Shipping address south of the border
babyX Offline

Find out how much duty you'll be paying on those. Sure it's less than the extra shipping?

#119023 - 15/08/06 12:56 PM Re: Shipping address south of the border
Anonymous
Unregistered

Taxes are 6% GST, 7% PST and 18% auto parts import duty. I'll have to pay all taxes regardless of how I get the stuff into Canada... I'd either pay it when I picked the stuff up from the post office or pay it when I declared the goods at the border station... If I was feeling clandestine I would install the stuff south of 49 and just drive back up through the border gate... but that would be technically breaking the law.

I just want to avoid the 200 USD screw-you fee for having the stuff shipped "internationally". It's crazy that if you ship to Blane WA it's 200USD less than if you ship to Sumas BC.

#119024 - 15/08/06 08:01 PM Re: Shipping address south of the border
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know a lot of people in TO have stuff shipped to UPS in Buffalo who will sign for deliveries and allow you to pick up your stuff there.. perhaps find out if there's a UPS or USPS near the border in the US where you live, do that.

#119025 - 15/08/06 08:47 PM Re: Shipping address south of the border
Claus Offline

I got all my parts drop shipped to our friends in PNWX, we installed the parts and I happily drove across the border, no one ever questioned anything.

Not sure if anyone will offer up wrenching time if they do not know you, less accepting parts from shipping.

#119026 - 26/08/06 01:00 AM Re: Shipping address south of the border
TerraByte Offline

Loc: BC, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by kelli:
I know a lot of people in TO have stuff shipped to UPS in Buffalo who will sign for deliveries and allow you to pick up your stuff there.. perhaps find out if there's a UPS or USPS near the border in the US where you live, do that.
www.thelettercarrier.com in Point Roberts

Moderator:  Mosi 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal