shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#119201 - 12/04/06 08:50 AM Fishing Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys just wondering if anybody knows of any good lakes to fish at for the beginnger fisherman. Just planning a day trip where i can have a barbeque and leisurely fish WITHOUT a boat, with the family.

Preferably within an hour from Vancouver. Thanks guys!

#119202 - 12/04/06 12:40 PM Re: Fishing Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im not the biggest fisher but have had fun at Chehalis Lake, at the mouth of the Skwellepil Creek. Theve made some day use sites here and there are outhouses etc for the family. Nice drive up too.
smile

#119203 - 13/04/06 01:52 PM Re: Fishing Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, there is supposedly some good spots on the creek/river on the way up to Chehalis as well...so I've heard. Dunno about too many fishing spots that may be closer...definantly lots of lakes around but probably not too hot for fishing! I've seen guys out on the Buntzen reservoir with poles but I don't know how legal that is or even if they're catching anything. Actually, come to think of it, I've seen quite a few people sitting out on the dock casting away...we're always dodging fishing lines/floats when we're out there kayaking. Might be something to look into for fishing regulations. Great spot for the family as well...hiking, swimming etc.

#119204 - 18/04/06 10:02 AM Re: Fishing Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

if you're planning on going to Chehalis during a weekday be careful. I almost go run down by logging trucks a couple of times on my way to the north side of the lake. They drive like maniacs and the road is not always wide enough for two vehicles.

Moderator:  Mosi 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal