shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#119289 - 18/07/05 09:31 PM Any boaters in the PNWX?
Paco Pico Offline

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA
...With all the water in Western Washington I figure there may be some...somewhere here.

Anybody recreate off the beaten path, and off-shore as well?

#119290 - 19/07/05 01:17 PM Re: Any boaters in the PNWX?
Jimi James Offline

Loc: North Vancouver, BC
Quote:
Originally posted by Paco Pico:
...With all the water in Western Washington I figure there may be some...somewhere here.

Anybody recreate off the beaten path, and off-shore as well?
Yup, my wife and I have a little 15' Hourston Glascraft that we go out in lots for some crabbing and prawning and fishing. It's my first boat that I've had for only a couple of years now and already I have a bad case of 2-foot-itis! smile The crabbing has been awesome so far this year, must be because of the poor weather and lack of boats out there.

#119291 - 19/07/05 03:57 PM Re: Any boaters in the PNWX?
Paco Pico Offline

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA
"I have a bad case of 2-foot-itis!" confused

...Is this something akin to upgrade fever?

Cool deal Jimi - do you ever get out to the San Juan islands? I have heard great things about it up there...but haven't had a chance yet to get up there.

So Far I have been able to cruise from my home port in Gig Harbor south to Olympia, and north through the locks into Lake Washington...sure is some beautiful scenery up here and more protected waters than I could have imagined.

I am currently going through some upgrade fever as I bought my boat when I would primarily go to small lakes and now with the Sound at my doorstep it would be nice to have a boat that handles big water a little better...

#119292 - 27/07/05 12:22 PM Re: Any boaters in the PNWX?
Jimi James Offline

Loc: North Vancouver, BC
Yup, same as upgrade fever....no, I've never been out to the San Juan Islands. My boat just isn't big enough for anything more than daytrips in good water conditions. When I was younger my family had a 32' Grenfell that we would take to the most beautiful places up in Desolation Sound (up the coast of BC a bit). I'm trying to get my brother to go in on a bigger boat with me so I can get out to some of the farther away places again. I figure my folks should chip in too seeing as they are responsible for taking me to all these cool places and then selling the boat on us! laugh

Moderator:  Mosi 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal