2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#122257 - 08/01/04 11:11 AM what should i do first? (mods)
Anonymous
Unregistered

for those who don't know me or havn't seen my X its a black '01 SE, and i want to do some work on it, My budget it really tight right now but i want to start it out right.

She is all stock, with factory nerfs and tires, it has the tow package with he tail light protectors.

I think the first thing i want is a "cow killer" or some sort of protection for the front end.
Or maybe some sort of engine mods for better fuel eco. or hp's.

What do you all think? laugh

#122258 - 08/01/04 11:20 AM Re: what should i do first? (mods)
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
Do a mod to your windows.... put a SWXC sticker on it. smile

Mods: Depends on what you want to do. We all go wheeling at Barnwell where there are lots of rocks. Thus A LOT of us have bull/winch bars on the front, heavier rocker guards, skid plates underneath and definatley better tires.

As far as tuner/performance mods, those cone airfilters seem to be a good thing. Maybe a high-flow exhaust. I wouldn't worry too much about fuel economy, it ain't gonna get better once you see all you can do to your X.
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#122259 - 08/01/04 11:25 AM Re: what should i do first? (mods)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramstein92:
Do a mod to your windows.... put a SWXC sticker on it. smile
where do i get one?
im all about being a somebody! =D

#122260 - 08/01/04 11:37 AM Re: what should i do first? (mods)
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
www.swxc.org has the application.

Or better yet, you can come to the meeting in Waco on the 24th of this month.
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#122261 - 08/01/04 01:33 PM Re: what should i do first? (mods)
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
First thing I'd do is remove the step rails.

1) They are terrible if you're going offroad - you'll bang 'em on something and bend 'em - possibly right up into your rocker panel

2) Since you're taking off the lowest thing, it makes the truck look like it's been lifted a little. smile

The mudflaps can go to.

#122262 - 09/01/04 05:45 AM Re: what should i do first? (mods)
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
First thing I recommend is to take of the step rails... they suck anyway... Second is tires... if you're on a budget, like I always am, you can check around in local forums, like Longhorn Offroad , and see if you can find a good used set of 31's... it's a little tough to find a set that small, but they're out there... Third, don't waste your money on a bull bar or brush guard... they're too flimsy and can cause other damage (I'll show you when we meet up)... save up for an ARB, Calmini, or Shrockworks bumper... Since the new Shrockworks has come out, you might be able to find a good used ARB for cheap... Shackles are a cheap way to get a little lift in the rear... SLR has a 2" set for $50... then just adjust the torsion bars, get an alignment, and voila!
Just a few suggestions... [ThumbsUp]

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#122263 - 09/01/04 06:51 AM Re: what should i do first? (mods)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by austinbrtndr:
First thing I recommend is to take of the step rails... they suck anyway... Second is tires... if you're on a budget, like I always am, you can check around in local forums, like Longhorn Offroad , and see if you can find a good used set of 31's... it's a little tough to find a set that small, but they're out there... Third, don't waste your money on a bull bar or brush guard... they're too flimsy and can cause other damage (I'll show you when we meet up)... save up for an ARB, Calmini, or Shrockworks bumper... Since the new Shrockworks has come out, you might be able to find a good used ARB for cheap... Shackles are a cheap way to get a little lift in the rear... SLR has a 2" set for $50... then just adjust the torsion bars, get an alignment, and voila!
Just a few suggestions... [ThumbsUp]
Don't forget to remove your rear sway bar before you hit the trails. Makes a ton of difference and saves your passenger rear shock from damage.

I've been running this basic setup (shackles, torsion bar lift) for over two years now and it has worked very well for me. Someday I might get a 3" lift, but I can't justify spending the extra money for something I haven't yet found the need.

See ya around. I'll try to get a local lunch or dinner going in the next month or so. It would be nice to meet some of the new folks.

#122264 - 09/01/04 03:33 PM Re: what should i do first? (mods)
surfingteacher Offline

Loc: Richardson
If you are hitting trails, don't forget to take off the front sway bar as well. Difference in day and night.
TNT #14
SWXC #95
I wish I could think of something clever to put here.
Cardomain

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal