shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#122890 - 18/11/03 02:20 PM Anyone wanna cry?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just thought you guys would like to see the carnage.
This is my '03 that I wrecked about 10 days ago..
only 482 miles on it.

You can see the picture's Here:
Xterra Carnage

#122891 - 18/11/03 02:25 PM Re: Anyone wanna cry?
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
can you please edit those pics... they take FOREVER to load... 105kb is a bit huge...

they also violate the forum rule that states no pics larger than 640x480...

#122892 - 18/11/03 02:26 PM Re: Anyone wanna cry?
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
Geez, that hurts to look at frown Is it totalled, and was it your fault?

#122893 - 18/11/03 02:26 PM Re: Anyone wanna cry?
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
Try smaller pics.... glad I'm not on dial-up smile

So what is the story???

That is a shame.... I assume you know the body shop guy?

Hope you get up and running again soon!

#122894 - 18/11/03 02:32 PM Re: Anyone wanna cry?
Todrick Offline

QUICK, make sure he doesn't put the resonator back in!!!!

saves you the time required to do the intake mod. smile

#122895 - 18/11/03 03:07 PM Re: Anyone wanna cry?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
An ARB or Calmini bumper would have helped you to negotiate that "obstacle" better laugh

#122896 - 19/11/03 09:04 AM Re: Anyone wanna cry?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay, smaller pics for those that are bandwidthly challenged. Sorry bout that!

Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
QUICK, make sure he doesn't put the resonator back in!!!!

saves you the time required to do the intake mod. smile
Oops! Too late! (What's a resanator, and how hard is the intake mod?) They have it all back together as of yesterday and ready for paint. It looks awesome. They really did a good job. It's at Mossy Nissan (where I bought it) and those guys have been awesome! (people still use that word, right?) I've gotten to know the guy working on it, Roberto, as I'm in there every other day. They say they should have it ready by Friday, which is great. Unfortunately, my plans of making Barnhill are dashed as the lil woman has already made other plans for us (are you surprised?)

Yes, a Calmini bumper is deffinately in order. Probably will be my first (albeit late) mod.

The first month with my Xterra. (A short story, by ME)

I originally bought my Xterra on Nov. 12. It was a used '03 ex with 2700 miles on it. Two weeks later I got a call from the finance manager at Mossy. He tells me that there is a problem with my loan and that I need to bring the truck back. He says they're going to put me in a brand new '03 identical to the current one. After many conversations with the salesman, finance manager and sales manager, I find out that the original loan I was approved on was on a new '03, and they switched me to the used one without me knowing I was approved on the new one. After they completed the deal and sent in the paperwork, the bank rejected the loan becasue of the discrepancy. Basically, they sold me a car and couldn't get their money for it. So, in the aftermath, I ended up in a brand new '03 SE for only $21 a month more.
A week to the day after closing on the New X, I ended up running a red light a careening a lady in an eclipse. I was messin wiht the new 6-disk cd player, and there is a tree covering one of the lights, and the other light is out. I looked up and saw the lights on the other side of the freeway green(this was at a freeway overpass) mentally thinking 'green light. THe lady was in a turn with her hand inside the wheel, and the force of the impact (right at her right front tire) broke her hand. Proof: Never turn with your hand INSIDE the spokes of the steering wheel.

The damage to my X was mostly superficial with only a slight tweak to the frame on the front end. It didn't get into the engine compnents, just what was on the front bulkhead. Total bill was only $4800. As you can see, we also hit rears. she was in a turn, and I hit the breaks and turned so we bounced off front and spun around and hit rears. They replaced the rear corner panel by cutting it in at the window. I was told that this was to avoid breaking the factory seal on the roof line. Sounded good to me.
So, anyhow, I should have her back by Friday. They're going to have to do a first rate detail on it cause the windows been out of it the whole time, and there is dust EVERYWHERE on the inside. So much for the new car smell. One thing I found curious is that the airbags didn't deploy. I estimate the speed at impact to be about 40mph. taking into consideration the minimal breaking beforehand. Is it because I had turned the vehicle slightly causing the momentum to not be forward, but more lateral? [shrug]

anyhow.. that's the skinny...

#122897 - 19/11/03 09:17 AM Re: Anyone wanna cry?
Todrick Offline

two things.

FIX THE IMAGES
it currently creates a pop-up for me to enter a password about 10 times, the pics don't work. very annoying and as moderator of this forum i will delete this thread today if it isn't fixed. they probably display fine for you because you are logge din, but they don't work for us

Resonators
see in your photo the black thing in side the driver side wheel well... with the waffle lokking side. thats one of 4 resonators. basicly they are designed to cut down the noise from your intake. several of us have modified our intakes by removing the resonators because in addition to cutting down noise they also restrict airflow. It;s about an hour job to remove them, and you can find directions HERE .

I just saw it in your pics and realized how easy it would be to remove it while the fender was off.

#122898 - 19/11/03 10:43 AM Re: Anyone wanna cry?
bennet Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
I see red X's.

#122899 - 19/11/03 12:07 PM Re: Anyone wanna cry?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
They worked yesterday... wonder if he went over his transfer limit or something.

#122900 - 19/11/03 12:14 PM Re: Anyone wanna cry?
rb42 Offline

Loc: McKinney
I saw em. Nice pix. Slow as hell w/26K connection however.

You got off nice... there's a blue X at Courtesy Nissan today that's totaled. More front damage than yours, but the rear is clean... it must have gotten into engine and frame issues cause it really didn't look like a lot of damage...

Airbags have limits on firing - like speed, or impact angle. You mustve been just past the limit when you hit. No quite head-on enough to force a fire.

Glad you walked out of it.
-=RB

#122901 - 19/11/03 12:50 PM Re: Anyone wanna cry?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry..
My web administrator ferked with the permissions on the web server last night. Jackass. I think I fixed the problem...

gotcha! No resonators = more air = more HP. smile

#122902 - 20/11/03 07:15 AM Re: Anyone wanna cry?
daventx Offline

Loc: Midtown Houston, Texas
Good God that looks ugly. WHere in Houston did this happen? Is the lady you hit taking you to court or anything?

#122903 - 20/11/03 10:46 AM Re: Anyone wanna cry?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by daventx:
Good God that looks ugly. WHere in Houston did this happen? Is the lady you hit taking you to court or anything?
Looks worse then it turned out to be.. This was at Gessner and 290. The Insrance compnay said she was very non confrentational, so I don't forsee a legal battle. I have very good coverage, so she should be taken care of.

#122904 - 20/11/03 11:02 AM Re: Anyone wanna cry?
daventx Offline

Loc: Midtown Houston, Texas
Nice. Good luck with that. I have had some decent luck with Baker Jackson Nissan in the Astrodome area as well.
They seem to be a good bunch of guys.
My truck will be there in a few weeks to get the front left panel replaced due to a park garage ummmmm incindent.

#122905 - 26/11/03 09:53 AM Re: Anyone wanna cry?
Kt Offline

Loc: Montgomery, Texas
That stinks! Hope you were ok, looks like the ole' X wasn't though... frown

#122906 - 02/12/03 09:05 AM Re: Anyone wanna cry?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welp, I get her back the day before thanksgiving, and let me tell ya.. I wasn't happy. Here's a list of the problems I found this weekend:
~Steering Column is bent - not just a little, but bad - center of steering wheel is off to the left by about an inch.
~Drivers seat is loose
~Pulls slighty to the left
~Drivers front tire rubs fender on turns
~Acceleration problem - Seems like it's got some kind of resistance
~Paint on top of rear drives door needs buffes
~Paint at edges of hood and rear door are very rough - needs sanded and buffed.
~Belts squeel when engine starts
~Car was still extremely dusty inside when I got it back.

Obviously they're getting it back today. I'll let you know how it works out. So far Mossy's gotten a big fat ZERO their report card.

#122907 - 04/12/03 03:35 PM Re: Anyone wanna cry?
GrayHam Offline

Good luck . . .

I had a car almost totaled in 2000. But the insurance company (FUCK YOU, GEICO, YOU COCKSUCKERS!!!!!) decided it could be repaired, so they paid for the repairs.

15 weeks later, it is ready to come out of the shop.
I went to the shop with my boss, who knows alot about this stuff. He advised me not to accept the vehicle until we do a walk around, and I am satisfied with the whole car.
He drummed it into my skull -- "If the car is not repaired, don't touch the keys!"

We did the walk around, with the Geico adjuster (FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING FUCK!!) and the body shop manager . . .

It took 45 minutes and two sheets of legal-size paper to document all the little things that were wrong.

I wouldn't touch the car for another three weeks.

Cost Geico a little over $15,000 to repair my car. The loan buyout at the time of the accident was $16,900.

Assholes. mad

#122908 - 04/12/03 06:10 PM Re: Anyone wanna cry?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Graham, You have been @$$ F****D, start counseling immediately and seek medical attention to repair you ripped up O-Ring.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal