shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#124787 - 17/02/08 06:19 PM What Happened to our website
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
It went down today

#124788 - 17/02/08 07:30 PM Re: What Happened to our website
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can't get on either. I hope yall had fun at K-rock I can't wait to see the picks.

#124789 - 17/02/08 08:53 PM Re: What Happened to our website
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
yeah - it's toast. I don't even know who it's hosted through to contact them.... Robert??

#124790 - 17/02/08 09:36 PM Re: What Happened to our website
Anonymous
Unregistered

It was fine until today for some reasons. Did we forget to renew the URL?

#124791 - 17/02/08 11:12 PM Re: What Happened to our website
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

Loc: Carrollton, TX
Actually it went down Saturday. The registration is still owned by Steve Jones through Register.com. To get it away from him and some one still in the we would have to go through the "Dispute process" at it mentions fees and other things to get it done. I thought the easiest way might be to let it expire then register it with our service provider which is also cheaper. It expired in January, why it was still around until Friday, I've never figured out. Right now it's in limbo, apparently there's a 30 day grace period that the domain can be still re-registered with the old company. I'm not sure when that 30 days started, was it when it expired (actually a couple days later, because the automatically charged my credit card for it, and I has to have the refund the charge when I saw that a few days after it happened). or is it when the domain actually went away. Our ISP says this may not work, because some register don't release it even after the grace period. So I'm working on it, it may be awhile.
Carrollton RACES/ARES #4007/A07

#124792 - 18/02/08 09:36 AM Re: What Happened to our website
Kaiser Offline

Well, we own www.texasxterraclub.com (which currently just redirects to swxc.org) - if you know how to point it to the site we can start using that.

(I still want to save swxc.org since it's been the site for so long... but at least we'd have something up).

I'll pm you the login details

#124793 - 18/02/08 09:55 AM Re: What Happened to our website
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
whos steve jones.

#124794 - 18/02/08 10:32 AM Re: What Happened to our website
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

Glen,
That sounds like a good idea, until I can get it straighten out. Heard back from Register.com, they want $120 to restore the domain, ain't gonna happen. I'll just wait until it becomes available and get it then.

Chia,
Steve Jones was one of first members but he's been gone for years, that's why I was trying to get it out of his name, to someone who's still around.

#124795 - 18/02/08 11:02 AM Re: What Happened to our website
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
why did you not just try to get ahold of Steve?

I think I still see him on AIM from time to time.

#124796 - 18/02/08 01:43 PM Re: What Happened to our website
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

I had tried that last year, and never heard from him, so I thought this year we'd try this, not realizing how long this crap stays around after you let it go.

#124797 - 19/02/08 01:59 PM Re: What Happened to our website
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

Well I can get to the site, but you can't login, it tries to take you back to SWXC.org/forum some where in the code and then it can't find it. I'll still looking.

#124798 - 22/02/08 06:19 AM Re: What Happened to our website
Kaiser Offline

Thanks for your continued efforts on this. Is there anything I can do to help?

#124799 - 23/02/08 11:53 AM Re: What Happened to our website
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

Get Register.com to finally delete our domain, so we can renew it. laugh

Anybody know anything about PHPBB? The problem is you can use http://75.126.176.166/~webmast/forum to get to the forum, but when you login it tries to go to swxc.org from the script. It's possible to replace the swxc.org with 75.126.176.166/~webmast and get past the logon, but you run into the same problem when you try to reply to a topic or create a new topic, it still tries to redirect to swxc.org, instead of using relative path's. I can't seem to find anywhere this coded, but I don't know this particular BB. I didn't install it, and haven't done anything but use the panels to admin it. If this is possible, then we can get by this until we can reclaim the domain. I've tried various redirects for other domain's but it always still tries swxc.org when you login or post.

Edit: I just clicked on the link in this post, and since it showed that I was signed on already and actually was able to post a new topic. So maybe you just need to go the sign, signon. Then come back to the site and you can work.

Sorry guys, I didn't realize how much trouble this was going to cause, I figured, it get deleted, and I'd just renew where we host.

#124800 - 10/03/08 06:51 PM Re: What Happened to our website
Anonymous
Unregistered

well for the time being why doesn't anyone get texasxterras up and running? give us something at the very least..

#124801 - 23/03/08 07:39 PM Re: What Happened to our website
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

It's back up (partially at least the Forum is running again). Go to www.txxc.org/forum . The graphics still all say SWXC, and the front page work on the website, but I haven't fixed all the links on the website yet, still working on them.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal