2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#125776 - 20/11/04 09:56 PM New to DFW area, looking for some trails to ride
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am new to the DFW area, recently moved from San Antonio. There were plenty of 2WD friendly trails in the hill country, I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea as to where I can find some trails here in the DFW area.

Thanks.

#125777 - 22/11/04 07:00 AM Re: New to DFW area, looking for some trails to ride
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
hrmmm... there really isn't much in DFW - Marshall Creek is somewhere around here... and some of the TNT guys go out to the Denton sand hills occasionally.

Mostly we drive out of town for our offroad trips... Barnwell Mountain Recreational Area is about 2.5 hours to the east (Gilmer Texas - near Tyler). It is *somewhat* 2WD friendly. We're planning a trip to Katemcy Rocks in Feb... but that's pretty 2WD unfriendly and is closer to San Antonio than here (90 miles-ish west of Austin).

At any rate, if you're interested we'd be glad to have you along - either to drive or to ride.

We've got a pretty active club here with members from all over - DFW is where most of us that are active right now live.

(On a completely different note - if you're interested in SCUBA, a couple of us are going to get certified in January and we'll probably start having some club SCUBA events.)

#125778 - 22/11/04 09:52 AM Re: New to DFW area, looking for some trails to ride
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awesome, thanks so much. I will check out Marshall Creek is somewhere out by Grapevine Lake (by where I live). I will check it out. I will try and hook up with you guys after things calm down around here with work and all.

Appreciate it much.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal