shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#126095 - 21/05/03 09:30 PM Solid Axle Swap
RedSe Offline

Loc: camping across tx
Ok, give it up... who's got the yellow transplant that's gettin' new axles and a V8??

#126096 - 22/05/03 07:41 AM Re: Solid Axle Swap
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
I think Brandan from Dallas and with Terminal Velocity is getting the SAS but not sure about the V8.

Not sure if he is still around here... but maybe the Dallas folks will chime in smile

#126097 - 22/05/03 03:16 PM Re: Solid Axle Swap
hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
I haven't heard from him in a while but I can call him
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

#126098 - 22/05/03 08:26 PM Re: Solid Axle Swap
RedSe Offline

Loc: camping across tx
Don't put yourself out calling, I was just curious. I've been looking for someone to give me a straight answer about towing my truck 4 down. Nissan won't let you speak directly to an engineer and all of the Nissan mechanics I've talked to just quote the manual. Anyway, I saw the truck and stopped to talk to the mechanics and in the process found out major mods were in the works. I remember seeing a thread on the rollbar he had installed and thought I'd see if he was still on the board. From what I was told they were swapping the entire drivetrain. Dana's front and rear pushed by an LS1 with an AtlasII transfer case. Cost has gotta be more than the truck itself by the time it's finished.

#126099 - 23/05/03 06:53 AM Re: Solid Axle Swap
hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by RedSe:
Don't put yourself out calling, I was just curious. I've been looking for someone to give me a straight answer about towing my truck 4 down. Nissan won't let you speak directly to an engineer and all of the Nissan mechanics I've talked to just quote the manual. Anyway, I saw the truck and stopped to talk to the mechanics and in the process found out major mods were in the works. I remember seeing a thread on the rollbar he had installed and thought I'd see if he was still on the board. From what I was told they were swapping the entire drivetrain. Dana's front and rear pushed by an LS1 with an AtlasII transfer case. Cost has gotta be more than the truck itself by the time it's finished.
Yeah he was swtiching out both axles and going to I believe dana 44's and all sorts of goodies. If I talk to him I'll let you know.
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal