2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#126583 - 31/03/03 10:41 PM AVOID CARTOYS IN IRVING, TX
sschlee Offline

Loc: Arlington, TX
FYI

Car Toys in Irving is a total crap-hole in my meager opinion. I got an alarm system in my new X. Bought the X on Jan. 1st. I took it to them a couple of months ago for the alarm. (More expensive than the other Car Toys as I found out) The alarm system worked fine, but about a week ago, the passenger door stopped locking when I activated the alarm. I took it in to them. First off, it took them three days to finally get time to do it. Then, once I got it back, I noticed that the little gray piece of plastic around the internal door handle (the one with the screw into the door panel) was broken. I KNOW this wasn't my fault because I rarely have anyone in the X with me and the only way it could have gotten broken would have been by someone trying to remove the door panel. Car Toys has told me that they don't believe it could have been them and are basically calling me a liar now. Just and FYI before anyone does business with that location.

-Scott

#126584 - 01/04/03 06:35 AM Re: AVOID CARTOYS IN IRVING, TX
hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by sschlee:
FYI

Car Toys in Irving is a total crap-hole in my meager opinion. I got an alarm system in my new X. Bought the X on Jan. 1st. I took it to them a couple of months ago for the alarm. (More expensive than the other Car Toys as I found out) The alarm system worked fine, but about a week ago, the passenger door stopped locking when I activated the alarm. I took it in to them. First off, it took them three days to finally get time to do it. Then, once I got it back, I noticed that the little gray piece of plastic around the internal door handle (the one with the screw into the door panel) was broken. I KNOW this wasn't my fault because I rarely have anyone in the X with me and the only way it could have gotten broken would have been by someone trying to remove the door panel. Car Toys has told me that they don't believe it could have been them and are basically calling me a liar now. Just and FYI before anyone does business with that location.

-Scott
Contact the store manager and if he doesn't want to help contact the regional manager and so on. The company has a pretty good rep so you prob just shafted by the local store or manager. Trust me the farther up you go in the chain the bigger and better things you can get accomplished.
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

#126585 - 01/04/03 06:36 AM Re: AVOID CARTOYS IN IRVING, TX
hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
On a side note, what part of Arlington are you in? I think I'm gonna try and get a few of us that work in the Arlington area together for lunch in the next few weeks.
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

#126586 - 01/04/03 12:16 PM Re: AVOID CARTOYS IN IRVING, TX
Griffin's_Girl Offline

Loc: TX
Same thing happened to mine after I got my stereo replaced... I think it happened when they did the tweeters. Now that little piece falls off all the time because the clip actually broke off completely.

Wonder if I can get another one from XterraParts.com?

P.S. Jack and I are in Arlington too!

#126587 - 02/04/03 07:51 PM Re: AVOID CARTOYS IN IRVING, TX
sschlee Offline

Loc: Arlington, TX
Well, I got the manager to finally admit that there's no real way that my 3-month old X could have gotten a broken door handle like that unless it was done by someone taking the door off. He's ordering the part, here's to hoping it doesn't take forever to get it done.

Hattrik21, I'm in North Arlington, but I work in Las Colinas. If you guys/girls want to do lunch sometime on the weekend or in the evening, I'm down for that. A Chipotle's opened up just down the street from me and they have some good food!

Griffin's Girl...I would call the guys at XTerraParts.com, they can get anything. You know that piece of the clip that holds down the first aid kit? They were able to order just the female end for me. I bet they have that door thingy-whopper!

Well, I'm off to bed. I'm getting Lasik done tomorrow, so I want to be refreshed to go straight back to sleep after I get laser'er'er'ed!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal