shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#128143 - 14/04/04 09:09 AM POP goes the slider (no new info from the TNT post)
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I finally got around to looking at my slider to see what that loud pop/bang was when I was Hi Lifting from it at the last Barnwell trip.

It was this:

I believe that what I was doing was within the realm of what the sliders were intended for... but at the same time, chit happens. I'll assume it was a fluke. I'm still satisfied with Shrockworks - though I PM'ed him just to let him know about it. Fabricators take pride in their welds and I assume they want to know when/if/how they fail.

#128144 - 14/04/04 09:57 AM Re: POP goes the slider (no new info from the TNT post)
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
Hmmm.. Let us know what happens with that

#128145 - 14/04/04 10:21 AM Re: POP goes the slider (no new info from the TNT post)
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
I would hope you were within the realm of what the sliders were designed to do. Jim had spoke about them being strong enough to use a Hi-Lift on, and that is just what we (specifically you) were doing. If those joints fail while Hi-Lifting...

Let us know how things turn out.
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#128146 - 14/04/04 10:53 AM Re: POP goes the slider (no new info from the TNT post)
Anonymous
Unregistered

That weld popped off?!?!?! hmmmmm bring it over.. I'll burn it back on.

Then we'll test it.. tie a strap around that slider and put a strap on my bumper/reciever..i drive fast one way until you slow me down...HEY we can kill two birds with one stone that way.. I need to test my bumper too..

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal