2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#128741 - 04/11/03 12:07 PM Where would you go?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok guys, I need some opinions here. My wife will be out of town this weekend on a girls trip to Vegas, so that will free me up for some outdoor adventure. I am in the DFW area, and I don't want to drive over 5 hours one way. I love fishing and camping and of course off-roading. Do you guys have any suggestions for a place to go where I might be able to do all of those things. I normally go up to the Ouachita Mtns in Arkansas, and I might just do that again, unless someone has any better ideas for me. Thanks for the help!

Fred

#128742 - 04/11/03 12:28 PM Re: Where would you go?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Hard to beat Ouachita.... pretty darn nice up there... though you'd better check the weather, looks like rain. Bring the mud tires!

#128743 - 05/11/03 05:33 AM Re: Where would you go?
surfingteacher Offline

Loc: Richardson
Ummm...Barnwell.

Aren't you the guy that teaches in South Ft. Worth or South Dallas or something? Did you ever get my e-mail?
TNT #14
SWXC #95
I wish I could think of something clever to put here.
Cardomain

#128744 - 05/11/03 06:44 AM Re: Where would you go?
hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by surfingteacher:
Ummm...Barnwell.

Aren't you the guy that teaches in South Ft. Worth or South Dallas or something? Did you ever get my e-mail?
There's not fishing at barnwell, just lots of trails and camping.
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

#128745 - 05/11/03 11:02 AM Re: Where would you go?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Surfingteacher Yeah, that's me. Crowley is where I teach at, but I live in Waxahachie. It's a long commute, but not much traffic. Anyway, I have never been to Barnwell. I might just hold off on that and go out there with you guys on the next planned trip. I need to go ahead and join the SWXC, so I can get to know everybody. Like Kaiser442 said, it is hard to beat the Ouachita's for off-roading, camping, fishing, hiking, and nature. I was just hoping that one of you guys had a favorite spot somewhere that you might suggest. I've been going up to Arkansas for a good while now, and was wanting to explore my options a little. If any of you guys have a favorite spot in the hill country or East Texas, or anywhere really, I would love to hear about it.

Fred

#128746 - 10/11/03 06:40 AM Re: Where would you go?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys, it got cold, so I decided to stay close by. I ended up going to the LBJ National Grasslands, just past Decatur. It was nice country side. I decided to hunt instead of fish, due to the weather. There were lots of ponds and a three small lakes though. Anyway, thanks for the input.

Fred

#128747 - 10/11/03 07:33 AM Re: Where would you go?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by fmsmitty:
Hey guys, it got cold, so I decided to stay close by. I ended up going to the LBJ National Grasslands, just past Decatur. It was nice country side. I decided to hunt instead of fish, due to the weather. There were lots of ponds and a three small lakes though. Anyway, thanks for the input.

Fred
I've been out there several times... nice place.

The only downside is that there is no rifle hunting... just black powder and shotgun.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal