2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#129538 - 13/10/03 10:59 AM It's all going to be okay.
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's okay .... everyone can now exhale.

That's right, the "Chair" has been repaired... laugh

#129539 - 13/10/03 12:13 PM Re: It's all going to be okay.
Anonymous
Unregistered

You really had us worried there for a while. Good to see everything's up and running. laugh

#129540 - 13/10/03 12:21 PM Re: It's all going to be okay.
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
What happened?
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#129541 - 13/10/03 02:01 PM Re: It's all going to be okay.
Anonymous
Unregistered

it was more of a joking post...the chair got backed into a hill...quite funny..

#129542 - 13/10/03 02:35 PM Re: It's all going to be okay.
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I've got my pics here... but nowhere to host them... I signed up for webshots to give them a try - but it looks like a huge PITA... only 25 pictures per 'album', only pictures allowed (so my MPEGs of Goofiefoot on Twister and the jeep guys on Air Stip won't post) etc.

#129543 - 13/10/03 04:04 PM Re: It's all going to be okay.
Anonymous
Unregistered

i can host them for you... what is the total size of the pics?

Oh yeah and for those of you who heard me singing that dr love song on the FRS this is why

#129544 - 13/10/03 05:08 PM Re: It's all going to be okay.
Ramstein92 Offline

Kaiser,

Superjens is hosting pics for us. Do a search under the Pictures forum for all the necesary info. Also, from what I remember, the SWXC site can also host pics; you just need to send em to Carlton...

For Jens, I have the account info at work, if you can wait till tomorrow, I will get it to ya. All you have to do is FTP away.
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#129545 - 13/10/03 07:40 PM Re: It's all going to be okay.
surfingteacher Offline

Loc: Richardson
I got a couple of pics I would like to post as well, if you could get me that info as well. Thanks [Wave]
TNT #14
SWXC #95
I wish I could think of something clever to put here.
Cardomain

#129546 - 13/10/03 11:02 PM Re: It's all going to be okay.
Griffin2020 Offline

Loc: D/FW Metroplex, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by System-f:
It's okay .... everyone can now exhale.

That's right, the "Chair" has been repaired... laugh
That video is hilarious...I loved those commercials.

The real questions is, is the half-shaft fixed? And if so, how much of a PITA was it to replace?

#129547 - 14/10/03 06:48 AM Re: It's all going to be okay.
Kaiser Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by System-f:
i can host them for you... what is the total size of the pics?

Oh yeah and for those of you who heard me singing that dr love song on the FRS this is why
Very cool video.

#129548 - 14/10/03 07:02 AM Re: It's all going to be okay.
Ramstein92 Offline

Kaiser,

I was unable to email you. Got a message saying I was blocked. Shoot me a line and I will shoot you the pic hosting stuff.

SurfTeach, sent you the pic hosting info.
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#129549 - 14/10/03 11:56 AM Re: It's all going to be okay.
Walt Offline

Loc: Grapevine, TX
Can I expect to see you driving around town with that thing on the back? laugh

#129550 - 14/10/03 12:03 PM Re: It's all going to be okay.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes...it will always be on the back. I am going to start designing the new and improved chair tonight.

The half shaft was WAY TOO easy on my truck to replace. After I picked up the pieces of my shattered ego and pulled my quickly deflated head out of my A$$ I realized that the half shaft will come right off. I unbloted the front of my warn hub, removed the snapring from the half shaft and simply pulled it out. If it would have been intact I would have had to remove six bolts on the axle which are on there with loctite...my air ratched took them right off but for the trail I have a nice 2 and 4ft breaker bar.. cool

I found the half shafts for $60 from Oreily with a $40 core charge and a lifetime warranty. I am going to see if the warranty covers breakage and if it does I will buy two more and be set. I also need to do some research and see what the differences are between X and R50 half shafts if there are any. Oreily dosen't list any part numbers for Frontier or Xterra half shafts [Crybaby] Autobone wants $80 a piece for the R50 half shafts, didn't ask them about X/Frontier shafts.

#129551 - 15/10/03 09:38 PM Re: It's all going to be okay.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by surfingteacher:
I got a couple of pics I would like to post as well, if you could get me that info as well. Thanks [Wave]
Hey, you're from Richardson! I'm from Garland...but I currently live in Austin cuz I'm a student at UT....almost done though. Wow, we're neighbors. I went to NGHS...you don't teach there, do you??? [Freak]

#129552 - 16/10/03 05:39 AM Re: It's all going to be okay.
surfingteacher Offline

Loc: Richardson
Nah, I'm teaching at Forest Ghetto...I mean Forest Meadow JH. I'll be here for a couple of years due to contract, and then try to get transferred to a High School. You should try to get together with us next time you are home, or maybe catch up with the Austin group.
TNT #14
SWXC #95
I wish I could think of something clever to put here.
Cardomain

#129553 - 16/10/03 06:38 AM Re: It's all going to be okay.
Kaiser Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Natalia:
Quote:
Originally posted by surfingteacher:
[b]I got a couple of pics I would like to post as well, if you could get me that info as well. Thanks [Wave]
Hey, you're from Richardson! I'm from Garland...but I currently live in Austin cuz I'm a student at UT....almost done though. Wow, we're neighbors. I went to NGHS...you don't teach there, do you??? [Freak] [/b]
yah - there are a lot more of us right here in plano/richardson/garland/allen etc. than I would have expected. Are you coming to the meeting next week? Join up!

#129554 - 16/10/03 09:10 AM Re: It's all going to be okay.
Griffin2020 Offline

Loc: D/FW Metroplex, TX
Very good. Although a steadycam would do wonders for some of the walking shots....

#129555 - 16/10/03 09:28 AM Re: It's all going to be okay.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a decent homemade steadi cam. I was more concerned with the Chair and am working on a steadi mounting system for it...

also remember half of the "walking" shots were not done by me but were done by a spotter which had more important things to do. The first Barnwell video done , non of the shots were done by me. Next time I will have at least one person just to film video (Gary's bro, Joey).

#129556 - 16/10/03 09:44 AM Re: It's all going to be okay.
Kaiser Offline

I think it's awesome that we've got somebody in (or at least associated with) the club that's into film/video.

Not trying to kiss System's ass here - it's just a thrill to see us (read: me) in a video.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal