shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130126 - 29/03/07 02:58 AM New to this...Please Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey All -

I live in Oceanside & this is all new to me.

I have a 2000 Black 4x2 and love it. Would love to get together with other X owners...but do I have to have a 4x4 to participate????

I see that there are alot of ppl in the SD & North Co areas, is there a particular club or website that I should join or that anyone can recommend for outdoor-sie stuff like camping but not trail/rock stuff since I only have a 4x2 and not a 4x4????
PLEASE HELP!!! - Dayna

#130127 - 29/03/07 07:17 AM Re: New to this...Please Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well Dayna, you came to the right place to be directed to the proper place. Here is the link to our (Southern California Club Xterra) web site, SCCX

We go out on monthly runs which for the most part are doable with a 4X2. We had a 2-wheel drive Fronteer with us last weekend and he did fine right up til the tragic end.

At any rate, register and log on to our site and check it out. Many members also post up for their own outings and invite others to join them. Don't worry about on having a 4X4, I don't use mine most of the time anyway.

Welcome to the club.

#130128 - 29/03/07 08:37 PM Re: New to this...Please Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mitch1351:
Well Dayna, you came to the right place to be directed to the proper place. Here is the link to our (Southern California Club Xterra) web site, SCCX

We go out on monthly runs which for the most part are doable with a 4X2. We had a 2-wheel drive Fronteer with us last weekend and he did fine right up til the tragic end.

At any rate, register and log on to our site and check it out. Many members also post up for their own outings and invite others to join them. Don't worry about on having a 4X4, I don't use mine most of the time anyway.

Welcome to the club.
Welcome. There are quite a few of us in San Diego. We often go places that are doable in 2WD.

Don't let Mitch's comment about the Frontier's "tragic end" scare you, I think it had little to do with the actual trail or the fact that the truck was 2WD.

#130129 - 02/04/07 07:15 PM Re: New to this...Please Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Most places are 4x2 ready - the ground clearance is as important as having four wheels tugging. If you get caught we'll just tug you out with a bit of a strap and then carry on. No biggie. On the formal club runs someone with experence is in the front and another in the back guiding the clueless (like me!) through the trail.

Lots and lots of fun. I can not more highly suggest a trip out with the club to enjoy the back roads of California.

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal