shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130153 - 01/03/07 06:12 PM March 24/25 Red Canyon/Bradshaw/McCoy Mtns
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here is what is posted on the SCCX site. This is the official run.

Ok all, this is the offical club run for March. Put it on the calendar.

Meet place: Cactus City Rest stop off of Interstate 10 near Chiraco Summit.

http://tinyurl.com/26qjjx

Meet time is 9:00AM - we have to start early on this one, we have alot of ground to cover!!

SATURDAY

Exit the freeway and head down Red Canyon towards the Bradshaw trail. Red Canyon mining district is an amazing place with tons of stuff to explore. We will spend some time out of the truck here checking out all the cool stuff.

This is going to be a mixed run with a good amount of time spent out of the truck.

We will then hook up with the bradshaw trail, and head towards Blythe stopping at any land marks we see such as the bombs, springs etc.

Near Blythe we hook back up with the 10 Freeway, and cross over to the north side. Near Nicholis Warm Springs we head north on the east side of the McCoy mountains until we hit the split in the mountain. We head up this split as far as we can, and camp where ever we stop.

SUNDAY

Those that wish to, can wake up early and hike over the mountain, to the west side, and decend to the McCoy spring. There we will see the old stage coach stop, indian art carved in to rocks, etc. Hike back to the group, and head out.

NOTE TO THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO HIKE: There are NO trails here, this is open desert/rocky terrain. The reason we have to hike in to the spring is because the west side of McCoy is a wilderness area (no driving). This will be rough. We changed the earlier proposed run by Brian to this run simply because it would be too hot for most people to hike if we went later in the year. Also the rattlesnake risk goes way up later in the year. Bottom line is COME PREPARED, backpack with 100oz+ of water at least, good hiking shoes, and basic hiking gear. I will have emergency communications in case someone falls/gets hurt via local ham repeaters. /END DISCLAIMER This will be fun, but this isn't a hike for those who think the 100 yard walk from a car to the mall is "hiking".

The run for this day is up in the air for now, until Mitch and I pre-run the second leg. I will post the final plan when it is ready.

#130154 - 01/03/07 07:29 PM Re: March 24/25 Red Canyon/Bradshaw/McCoy Mtns
Anonymous
Unregistered

People, if interested may I suggest you visit http://www.sccxterra.com the official site for SoCal Club Xterra and post your comments there. It's easier to follow a thread if it's all on the same board. smile

#130155 - 01/03/07 07:50 PM Re: March 24/25 Red Canyon/Bradshaw/McCoy Mtns
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good call Dan. That's why you're number one.

#130156 - 02/03/07 05:27 PM Re: March 24/25 Red Canyon/Bradshaw/McCoy Mtns
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys, I understand that this topic is to be discussed on the sccx site but when I try to login in it gives me this:

General Error

Could not query categories list

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''X_Trippin'','','','')' at line 2

INSERT INTO phpbb_ip (host, ip, date, username, referrer, forum,browser) VALUES ('','','Fri-Mar-07 - 17:19:18','X_Trippin'','','','')

Line : 80
File : page_header.php

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

phpBB Template designed by SkaidonDesigns and edited by Vance Technologies

Page generation time: 0.5846s (PHP: 38% - SQL: 62%) - SQL queries: 34 - GZIP disabled - Debug on

Once this happens I can no longer access any page on the site except the front page. When I click on any link I get the error mentioned above.
I have tried accessing the site using both Firefox and IE. Any suggestion on this would be very helpful.

Anyways, is this trip going to be family friendly? I have a 6 year old daughter that we would like to bring along.

Thanks,
Dominic

If this error is occurring because of a character in my screen name, maybe we can delete my from the registered user file, so I can create another profile with a new screen name.

#130157 - 02/03/07 06:59 PM Re: March 24/25 Red Canyon/Bradshaw/McCoy Mtns
Anonymous
Unregistered

All of our trips are family friendly. Spouses, significant others, kids and pets welcome.

Only suggestion would be for expedition-style runs, I would make sure they know that they'll be out in the boonies so that they're not expecting the McDonalds, Starbucks, running water... [LOL]

We definitely want everyone to enjoy themselves.

#130158 - 02/03/07 07:25 PM Re: March 24/25 Red Canyon/Bradshaw/McCoy Mtns
Anonymous
Unregistered

Almost always kids on our Xcursions.

#130159 - 02/03/07 09:50 PM Re: March 24/25 Red Canyon/Bradshaw/McCoy Mtns
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll ask one of the computer gurus to take a look.

Anyway, please feel free and comfortable to bring the family. We have a few wives and kids that come out on the runs, mine included. Its a lot of fun and I like all the bathroom breaks.

#130160 - 02/03/07 09:55 PM Re: March 24/25 Red Canyon/Bradshaw/McCoy Mtns
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just emailed said guru. Keep checking back for a response. I'll keep checking back here so if you have any question just post here or PM me.

#130161 - 02/03/07 09:57 PM Re: March 24/25 Red Canyon/Bradshaw/McCoy Mtns
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cool thanks guys. You can count us in. My fiance says, "I'm hardcore, I'll bring some toilet paper and find a bush". LOL

#130162 - 02/03/07 10:14 PM Re: March 24/25 Red Canyon/Bradshaw/McCoy Mtns
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey X_Trippin, I removed the " ' " from the end of your username, So try logging in with X_Trippin instead of X_Trippin'. I'm not 100% sure that is what the problem is, but looking at the SQL code , it appears to be the culprit. Try it now and let me know.

And Thanks for letting me know guys.

#130163 - 02/03/07 10:57 PM Re: March 24/25 Red Canyon/Bradshaw/McCoy Mtns
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Chris that did the trick. I appreciate the fact that everyone was so quick in fixing the problem. Now I can get that application for admittances to the club.

Thanks again,
X_Trippin

#130164 - 03/03/07 08:51 AM Re: March 24/25 Red Canyon/Bradshaw/McCoy Mtns
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Chris.

#130165 - 05/03/07 08:24 PM Re: March 24/25 Red Canyon/Bradshaw/McCoy Mtns
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Mitch, plan to go next trip and hike. I am posting here because I cannot log on to SCCX site - stuck on cyber rocks as it were. I signed up just before SCCX went down - I seem to be in system but getting invalid or inactive account message. [Uh Oh !]

#130166 - 05/03/07 10:11 PM Re: March 24/25 Red Canyon/Bradshaw/McCoy Mtns
Anonymous
Unregistered

We will look into it.

#130167 - 05/03/07 10:47 PM Re: March 24/25 Red Canyon/Bradshaw/McCoy Mtns
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Sturndog, your user name was on the "waiting to be activated" list. so I manually activated your account, try logging in now if it doesn't work send me a PM. If you can log in double check your email address.

#130168 - 06/03/07 02:11 PM Re: March 24/25 Red Canyon/Bradshaw/McCoy Mtns
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by X_Trippin':
Cool thanks guys. You can count us in. My fiance says, "I'm hardcore, I'll bring some toilet paper and find a bush". LOL
I ain't going to touch that line with a 20 foot pull strap.
[LOL]

She sounds like a keeper. [ThumbsUp]

#130169 - 07/03/07 10:18 AM Re: March 24/25 Red Canyon/Bradshaw/McCoy Mtns
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah thanks,
She a lot of fun, and excited about going. We try to go camping once a month when the weather is good. When my daughter was four we took her on her first camping trip, to Yosemite. Now she is six and loves to camp and hike.
Looking forward to the Xcursion. laugh

#130170 - 12/03/07 09:50 PM Re: March 24/25 Red Canyon/Bradshaw/McCoy Mtns
Anonymous
Unregistered

Be sure to check the SCCX website for updates.

The meet spot has been changed to the Patton Museum at the Chiraco Summit exit off I-10, as Cactus City is closed. Still 9:00AM on Saturday March 24th.

#130171 - 21/03/07 10:41 PM Re: March 24/25 Red Canyon/Bradshaw/McCoy Mtns
Anonymous
Unregistered

Run Update (until the site is back up):

Sat 3/24 9:00AM Meet at Patton Museum, Chiraco Summit off I-10. There is a Chevron station at Chiraco Summit. Note that this is a different meet spot than originally posted.

Communications on FRS Ch. 3, subcode 24; CB Ch. 3; Ham: a bunch of letters and numbers I don't understand.

Bring lots of water, and firewood if camping.

At least 3 or 4 of us will be staying at the Travelodge on Hwy 111 in Indio on Friday night. Contact me for details or if you want to meet us for dinner.

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal