shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130255 - 23/01/07 02:24 PM *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

So last night I'm on the computer(as usual) and the wife was on her computer on her forums (as usual) and our land lord comes and knocks on the door. "Hey Steve, what's up," "can I come in for a sec?" ahh shoot, it can't be good if your land lord wants to talk to you. I'm just wondering if he decided he wasn't happy about our two cats, or saw them doing something and wasn't or what not. We were both kind "AAAHHH" But it turns out that him and his family was talking it over and decided they needed more space, and that they were going to have his daughter and a friend of hers move into where we are living. Note: our "apartment" is just an addition onto his house. So me and my wife need to find a new place to stay and move by March 1st.

This isn't a very fun idea given the fact that we're still getting situated and have only been married for 3 months now. But still I know ti's an opportunity to find a bigger place where we can put our my stuff, and potentially some of our own space to work on cars. Right now we're looking at getting a mobile home, because it's the only affordable option here in Santa Barbara, and I don't want to pay $900-1300/month on someone else's mortgage anymore!

Another thing is, my church is planting another church on the other side of town. Currently we live a little far away for the commute. Chances are we'll either find a place to live that is a lot closer or even further away. So I feel like this is a make or break situation for our participation in this church plant.

So say a little prayer for me and my wife, and for this church plant process. I know we're in the hands of the Lord and as long as we don't get anxious(which I can easily get) and try to do it our selfs we'll be better off. Thanks guys, keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

#130256 - 23/01/07 04:07 PM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

That sucks. I know how that feels, as you're all too aware.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, moving, etc.

Throwing positive thoughts your way, as you did for me in my time of need.

#130257 - 23/01/07 04:21 PM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chris and Emily,

Sorry to hear about this, if Heather and I can help in any way let us know. I know it sounds cliche, but difficult times always seems to happen close together (ie stress of getting married, moving in together, getting evicted...) but you will get through it.

For example: got home after asking Heather to marry me and found an IRS tax lien notice on my doorstep for $25,000. Heather knew I was a little short of money, but she did not think I was a complete deadbeat. Took a while to convince her and the IRS that the lien was filed in error, it was not me who owed the money.

For example 2: shortly after buying our first place together I lost my job of 10 years. Eventually found another one, and this happens to people all the time, but it was particularly stressful since it was my first mortgage.

You'll work through it. It really helps when there are two of you with a "team" attitude.

#130258 - 23/01/07 04:38 PM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank B:
Chris and Emily,

Sorry to hear about this, if Heather and I can help in any way let us know. I know it sounds cliche, but difficult times always seems to happen close together (ie stress of getting married, moving in together, getting evicted...) but you will get through it.

For example: got home after asking Heather to marry me and found an IRS tax lien notice on my doorstep for $25,000. Heather knew I was a little short of money, but she did not think I was a complete deadbeat. Took a while to convince her and the IRS that the lien was filed in error, it was not me who owed the money.

For example 2: shortly after buying our first place together I lost my job of 10 years. Eventually found another one, and this happens to people all the time, but it was particularly stressful since it was my first mortgage.

You'll work through it. It really helps when there are two of you with a "team" attitude.
I know me and Em are are a team all the way. We're not terribly stressed but...

I think my biggest worry right now is losing my job. I've been on company overhead now for about a month but I've always been reassured that they are trying to find me work or are currently talking with people about jobs. sooo yeah...

It'll be interesting, we do at least have time to pack up, now getting finding a place we can afford and has enough room for all our stuff is another issue smile and/or if we can find a place we can actually purchase, having enough time for paperwork.

#130259 - 23/01/07 05:03 PM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Chris & Emily,
Sorry to here about this. Wish we were a little closer to help you guys out in any way.
But just know we'll be sending positive thinking your way!

Laurie

#130260 - 23/01/07 05:20 PM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Chris, just so you know, I feel pretty good about this. Usually I'm a bit of a worrier but not this time. I hope that helps. Anyway, at least you're not a tax evader like Frank. And you're not Dan or Bobby. So really, being evicted because of your cats isn't so bad. Have you tried using your Jedi mind tricks to change the landlord's mind? At any rate, good luck. smile

#130261 - 23/01/07 07:23 PM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mitch1351:
Anyway, at least you're not a tax evader like Frank. And you're not Dan or Bobby. smile
Nudist. :p

#130262 - 23/01/07 08:03 PM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobby B.:
Quote:
Originally posted by mitch1351:
[b]Anyway, at least you're not a tax evader like Frank. And you're not Dan or Bobby. smile
Nudist. :p [/b]
You rock Bobby!

#130263 - 23/01/07 08:20 PM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chris, Emily, What a great opportunity for a young couple to get their own place, get a mortgage and start building equity! Just needed your landlord to jumpstart you. [ThumbsUp]

#130264 - 23/01/07 08:38 PM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AV Xterra:
Chris, Emily, What a great opportunity for a young couple to get their own place, get a mortgage and start building equity! Just needed your landlord to jumpstart you. [ThumbsUp]
Dan makes a really good point. It's a buyer's market, prices are declining, interest rates are low . . . Something to think about.

#130265 - 23/01/07 10:11 PM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Chris, Emily, What a great opportunity for a young couple to get their own place, get a mortgage and start building equity! Just needed your landlord to jumpstart you. [ThumbsUp]
Dan makes a really good point. It's a buyer's market, prices are declining, interest rates are low . . . Something to think about.[/b]
Yeah I'm gonna call a realtor tomorrow morning and see how soon I can talk with someone. I've looked around a little bit and there are definately some mobile homes where the mortgage is what we're paying for rent... So we'll see. I'm generally a worry wart as well and I'm half excited half worried smile

Like I said, I believe God has his hand in this and will take us to where we need to be. So no doubt this really is a blessing.

And no we're not getting evicted because of our cats, or that me and Emily are nudists (when together and alone [Smoking] ) eek but because His daughter needs a place to stay.

#130266 - 23/01/07 10:59 PM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Ritchey:
So last night I'm on the computer(as usual) and the wife was on her computer on her forums (as usual) . . .
Didn't you two just get married? What are you doing on the computer ("as usual")? Chris, we may need to talk.

#130267 - 24/01/07 07:15 AM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

First, Bobby was calling me a nudist. Why, I do not know. Second, I believe buying a home would be a good move. Third, the honeymoon is obviously over.

#130268 - 24/01/07 10:43 AM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]So last night I'm on the computer(as usual) and the wife was on her computer on her forums (as usual) . . .
Didn't you two just get married? What are you doing on the computer ("as usual")? Chris, we may need to talk.[/b]
What?? when we don't have anything to do we each do our own thing. It's not like we each get home and do our own thing. We're always together, even if it's just going to the store or cost plus, or staples for some quick little supplies we almost always go together. So the only time we aren't together is when we don't have anything to do.

And what do you mean the honeymoon is obviously over?? She's my best friend and favorite person.

#130269 - 24/01/07 07:15 PM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think they're kidding with you there Chris. You're obviously a great couple.

#130270 - 24/01/07 09:50 PM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I think they're kidding with you there Chris. You're obviously a great couple.
yeah duh!! laugh (I know they were kidding with me)

#130271 - 25/01/07 05:40 AM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Guy Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca.
Everything happens for a reason. No doubt you and Em will come out the better for this. After 20 years of marriage my wife is still my best friend and there is nothing we cannot overcome together. I've got a hunch that the same applies to you two.

Hang in there,
Guy

#130272 - 25/01/07 09:24 AM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Like I said, I believe God has his hand in this and will take us to where we need to be. So no doubt this really is a blessing.
That's awsome to hear that both you and your wife believe in God and are going to church. I'll be praying for the both of you. Any yeah you probably have no idea who I am, but that's Ok. Maybe one of these days I'll do an event with y'all.

#130273 - 25/01/07 12:34 PM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Onewaysoldier:
Quote:
[b]Like I said, I believe God has his hand in this and will take us to where we need to be. So no doubt this really is a blessing.
That's awsome to hear that both you and your wife believe in God and are going to church. I'll be praying for the both of you. Any yeah you probably have no idea who I am, but that's Ok. Maybe one of these days I'll do an event with y'all.[/b]
Hey one way! you know sometimes when it comes to believers it doesn't matter if you know each other smile

#130274 - 25/01/07 01:29 PM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Onewaysoldier:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Like I said, I believe God has his hand in this and will take us to where we need to be. So no doubt this really is a blessing.
That's awsome to hear that both you and your wife believe in God and are going to church. I'll be praying for the both of you. Any yeah you probably have no idea who I am, but that's Ok. Maybe one of these days I'll do an event with y'all.[/b]
Hey one way! you know sometimes when it comes to believers it doesn't matter if you know each other smile [/b]
You got that right brother!

#130275 - 25/01/07 05:41 PM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chris I am the closest as far as geo goes . So if you need an hand I can drive up and help out an believer so maybe I can believe

AKA
snow fleury123

#130276 - 26/01/07 10:01 AM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by roguesquid:
Chris I am the closest as far as geo goes . So if you need an hand I can drive up and help out an believer so maybe I can believe

AKA
snow fleury123
Thanks Chris, funny thing is that we are actually considering moving to Oxnard/Ventura area so we'd be like next door neighbors! smile That and snoopy also lives right there at the port.

#130277 - 26/01/07 07:08 PM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chris,
Contact this person at Ventura County and ask what type of first time homebuyer programs they have, such as Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance, American Dream Down Payment Inititative, Mortgage Credit Certificate. You would be surprised how much financial assistance is available.
Tricia Maier
805 654-2464
Tricia.Maier@ventura.org
Housing Programs / Special Projects
I administer first time homebuyer programs for SD County, feel free to give me a call if you have any questions about programs/loans etc. This is my work number 858 694-8741.
Good luck!

#130278 - 26/01/07 11:46 PM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Pigcat:
Chris,
Contact this person at Ventura County and ask what type of first time homebuyer programs they have, such as Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance, American Dream Down Payment Inititative, Mortgage Credit Certificate. You would be surprised how much financial assistance is available.
Tricia Maier
805 654-2464
Tricia.Maier@ventura.org
I administer first time homebuyer programs for SD County, feel free to give me a call if you have any questions about programs/loans etc. This is my work number 858 694-8741.
Good luck!
Thanks, I'll give her a call on Monday, we're out and about tomorrow and gonna look at a couple of places that we could rent. And BTW I don't thnk I know your name, should I just tell her that Pigcat told me to call her smile

#130279 - 27/01/07 07:53 AM Re: *pout* We're getting kicked out! *pout*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Pigcat:
[b]Chris,
Tricia Maier
805 654-2464
Tricia.Maier@ventura.org
Good luck!
Thanks, I'll give her a call on Monday, we're out and about tomorrow and gonna look at a couple of places that we could rent. And BTW I don't thnk I know your name, should I just tell her that Pigcat told me to call her smile [/b]
She probably knows him by his street name, "Cattle Guard".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal