shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130294 - 27/11/03 04:15 AM Snoopy Flying the E-2C Hawkeye
Snoopy Offline

Loc: San Diego CA

I just found out that I've been selected for the E-2C Hawkeye. I'll agree, the E-2 is not as glamorous as a F/A-18 Super Hornet or a F-14 Tomcat but important none-the-less.

I'm hoping to get stationed in Point Mugu Naval Air Station, which would allow me to be a member of SCCX once again!

Also, After Christmas, I'm hoping to go to Navy SERE School (Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape) near San Diego. It's either San Diego or Maine(cold). You guys think you could organize an Xterra, bust Snoopy out of camp, escape party?

#130295 - 27/11/03 09:43 AM Re: Snoopy Flying the E-2C Hawkeye
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
I will change my sticker from "Xterra Recovery Vehicle" to "Snoopy Recovery Vehicle"! laugh

#130296 - 27/11/03 11:03 AM Re: Snoopy Flying the E-2C Hawkeye
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Congratulations, Travis, on finally getting your plane and the potential of coming back here! Just let us know when/if you're out here for school.

#130297 - 27/11/03 11:13 AM Re: Snoopy Flying the E-2C Hawkeye
Xterrian Offline

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
[Crybaby] They grow up so fast...sniff...sniff. It is just amazing how fast you've gone from your comissioning to being assigned an aircraft. I know it must seem like a long time for you. Just remember, any old navy pilot can land a Tomcat on a carrier, only the best can land a giant hog like that on one. Way to go bud!

#130298 - 27/11/03 09:13 PM Re: Snoopy Flying the E-2C Hawkeye
Snoopy Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
Thanks to all for your support!

Xterrian, (just clearing things up) as much as I would love to pilot a Navy plane, my eyesite of R20/400 R20/500 precludes me from that [Crybaby]

I'm actually going to train to fill the position of Combat Information Center Officer (CICO), Air Control Officer, and Radar Officer.

Thanks again, I'll fill you all in when I have the chance to see you all again.

#130299 - 28/11/03 12:49 AM Re: Snoopy Flying the E-2C Hawkeye
Xterrian Offline

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
That's even harder than landing on a carrier from what I've heard. So I'm still impressed. I'm sure you'll get some stick time though. They have to pee sometime. laugh

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal