2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130314 - 02/04/04 12:32 PM Easter..
Anonymous
Unregistered

The family is going on a cruse out of long beach, I was wondering if anyone knows any good camping spots along the beach's around there? I was thinking of pismo, but it is a little to far from La..

#130315 - 02/04/04 01:01 PM Re: Easter..
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Camping around Long Beach? Try Terminal Island. Kidding. The Federal Prison is there. the Long Beach coast, for the most part, is pretty industrial. Head down the coast just a little bit to either Bolsa Chica in Huntington or if I were you I'd head down a little further South to San Onofre.

San Onofre is a nice , more isolated beach with great surf.

Actually what just popped into my head was El Capitan State Beach or Carpenteria State Beach up in Ventura County near Santa Barbara. Camp there on the way down and then hit your cruise.

Dude. Seriously. You don't want to camp anywhere near Long Beach. Not unless you are homeless. laugh

#130316 - 02/04/04 02:31 PM Re: Easter..
Anonymous
Unregistered

socalpunX is right, you don't want to camp near the LBC...but there are plenty of great hotels in the area. If you really want to camp, go onto www.reserveamerica.com and check out local campsites. The nearest nice, safe campground to Long Beach is actually closer to the L.A./Ventura County Line. Leo Carrillo State Beach is a beautiful campground with a great scenic beach, and if you surf at all, there's a fairly consistent right point known as "Secos". There have been a lot of movies filmed on that beach, because it is so pretty, yet so close to L.A. If you need any help with logistics, email me. I've surfed and camped on practically every inch of SoCal coastline, so I can at least point you in the right direction.

Happy Easter!

#130317 - 05/04/04 01:55 PM Re: Easter..
Anonymous
Unregistered

the GF wants to do the whole bonfire thing.. thats why i am looking at camping.. for some reason the hotels get all pissy when you set off the fire sprinklers...

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal