2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130352 - 14/11/06 08:28 AM Anza Borrego: Fish Creek / Sandstone Cyn - Sat 11/25
Anonymous
Unregistered

Posting here also since sccxterra.com is still running slow:

Anyone interested in a day trip to Fish Creek / Sandstone Canyon in Anza Borrego Desert State Park on Saturday, November 25th? Here is a chance to walk off some of that Thanksgiving dinner with a hike to the Wind Caves.

This is a very stock friendly trail, a bit over 28 miles round trip, most of it in a sandy wash or narrow canyon. Low on technical challenges but very high on the scenic scale. For a full description, see Massey & Wilson - Backcountry Adventures So Cal, South Coast #30. I posted some photos here and on the sccx site last spring. This is going to be very low key, as I'm bringing some out of town family to see the desert.

Meet spot would be at the State Park Visitor Center at 10am, that will allow time to pick up some apple pie(s) in Santa Ysabel on the way. Anyone coming from San Diego area can meet up with me earlier and we can caravan.

Post up if you are interested, or PM me for my cell phone if you want more details.

Visitor Center: 200 Palm Canyon Drive, Borrego Springs, CA

FRS Channel 11, subcode 24

#130353 - 24/11/06 03:45 PM Re: Anza Borrego: Fish Creek / Sandstone Cyn - Sat 11/25
Anonymous
Unregistered

frank, i just picked up those sliders from Xterraracerx today so now i have no money to do the trip plus i'll be working tonight till like 12noon tomorrow, sorry, really wanted to hit it with u! thx garett!

#130354 - 24/11/06 08:02 PM Re: Anza Borrego: Fish Creek / Sandstone Cyn - Sat 11/25
Anonymous
Unregistered

Frank, I won't be making this one. Have a good time.

#130355 - 25/11/06 08:08 PM Re: Anza Borrego: Fish Creek / Sandstone Cyn - Sat 11/25
Anonymous
Unregistered

How'd it go?

#130356 - 25/11/06 09:10 PM Re: Anza Borrego: Fish Creek / Sandstone Cyn - Sat 11/25
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AV Xterra:
How'd it go?
It went well. Sorry you could not make it, but I can understand the 4 hour drive thing.

We had 5 trucks (4 X's and a Land Cruiser). Guy Hadley, Dave (MoltenX) and his father, Laurie Q and her 2 sisters and 1 brother-in-law, and Heather's father and 2 cousins (visiting from WA). Also Diane (XterraGirl?) for part of the way, she ran into us on the trail. It was "take your family to the desert day".

Weather in the desert was about perfect. Ran out of time for the Wind Caves hike, but we did walk a really narrow slot canyon, and the apple pie at lunch was great. Lots of other vehicles, it got crowded at times. I should have my film developed and scanned by tomorrow, I'll post some pics.

#130357 - 25/11/06 10:54 PM Re: Anza Borrego: Fish Creek / Sandstone Cyn - Sat 11/25
Guy Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca.
Here are the pics I took. Frank, thanks for organizing this run. Had a great time. Hope to see you all soon.

SandStone Canyon Pics

#130358 - 26/11/06 08:26 AM Re: Anza Borrego: Fish Creek / Sandstone Cyn - Sat 11/25
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great pics Guy. I'm sorry I missed this one but I really needed to spend some time on home projects this weekend. I'm glad the weather cooperated and that everyone had a great time.

#130359 - 26/11/06 08:03 PM Re: Anza Borrego: Fish Creek / Sandstone Cyn - Sat 11/25
Anonymous
Unregistered

looks like i missed a nice one Frank! I'll see u at Calico dude!

#130360 - 26/11/06 10:41 PM Re: Anza Borrego: Fish Creek / Sandstone Cyn - Sat 11/25
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by fiercextreme:
looks like i missed a nice one Frank! I'll see u at Calico dude!
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) you won't see me at Calico, I'll be in Phoenix that weekend visiting my mother-in-law. Hopefully we can sneak away for a part-day trip to Sedona.

We'll have to get another trip going out to Sandstone Canyon soon for those who missed it.

#130361 - 27/11/06 12:05 AM Re: Anza Borrego: Fish Creek / Sandstone Cyn - Sat 11/25
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here are a few photos from Saturday's trip to Sandstone Canyon:

Xterra parked in front of the "anticline" at Split Mountain.

Heading up Fish Creek Wash.

Lunch was good, followed by fresth apple pie from Julian Pie Company.

In to Sandstone Canyon.

#130362 - 27/11/06 12:09 AM Re: Anza Borrego: Fish Creek / Sandstone Cyn - Sat 11/25
Anonymous
Unregistered

A few more:

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal