2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130363 - 03/02/06 01:43 PM Anza Borrego
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am thinking of heading out to Anza Borrego this weekend. Looking at the map of the park, there are so many trails to try.

Can anyone provide a few suggestions on which ones to try first? I just got my X yesterday so I don't want to go crazy. I just want to take it somehwere to get a feel for the capabilities.

I'm coming from San Diego so I'll probably stay in teh southern areas of the park and just make it a day trip.

#130364 - 03/02/06 11:40 PM Re: Anza Borrego
dhsundance Offline

Loc: San Diego
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Armour:
I am thinking of heading out to Anza Borrego this weekend. Looking at the map of the park, there are so many trails to try.

Can anyone provide a few suggestions on which ones to try first? I just got my X yesterday so I don't want to go crazy. I just want to take it somehwere to get a feel for the capabilities.

I'm coming from San Diego so I'll probably stay in teh southern areas of the park and just make it a day trip.
There are some easy trails. I don't usually recommend wheeling by yourself. But there are areas where it is more like a car tour. You may want to consider heading through Split Mtn. nearby Ocotillo Wells and head down to the end of Sandstone Canyon. It's easy and doable by yourself. There'll be plenty of other vehicles around along that route.

Later on go with someone who really knows the park and find some places to put it in 4-low.

#130365 - 04/02/06 07:29 AM Re: Anza Borrego
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where's that one place, that offers the coldest beer on earth (or something of that nature)?

Funky little dive bar, but really reall cool inside. That's around the area. But I don't remember exactly where Doug drove me around down there.

#130366 - 06/02/06 06:21 PM Re: Anza Borrego
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey,

When do you plan to go? I just got an X two weeks ago. Last weekend I went to Corral Canyon off the 8 (Pine Valley Exit). It was pretty awesome. Got it on two wheels at one point. Had to turn back on two trails that got too narrow and were too steep with many rocks (forgot to let tire pressure out). In any case, I will be going skiing in Big Bear either Saturday or Sunday, not sure yet. So let me know when you are going if you want company. 4X4'n alone is not recommended, althought I did do it last Sunday. I almost got stuck and it would have been really bad if I had (with Superbowl on and all, I doubt anyone would have come to get me out).

#130367 - 08/02/06 06:40 AM Re: Anza Borrego
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Cyclemut:
Where's that one place, that offers the coldest beer on earth (or something of that nature)?

Funky little dive bar, but really reall cool inside. That's around the area. But I don't remember exactly where Doug drove me around down there.
The Iron Door in Ocotillo Wells.

-Doug

#130368 - 08/02/06 06:59 AM Re: Anza Borrego
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ah, that's right. That really was one cold beer!

#130369 - 08/02/06 08:58 AM Re: Anza Borrego
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is that the Biker Bar? I heard there is one of the last true Biker bars out there somewhere.

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal