2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130619 - 30/06/03 06:17 PM Restrictions in SoCal?
DKX01 Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA
No results from my searches laugh

I'll be moving out that way within the next few months, so I just wanted to see what kind of restrictions there were before I go crazy with my mods....

Right now I just have the AC sus lift, MT's, shocks, and some other small stuff...I'm thinking of a body lift and 15x8's in the near future....along with the Calmini SS...

Here in HI, you have to go through a reconstruction inspection (recon) for just about any mod you make to your truck...Are there any special inspections you have to go through over there?

DKX01

#130620 - 30/06/03 07:07 PM Re: Restrictions in SoCal?
Ruger1022 Offline

Loc: Visalia, CA
Can't speak for all jurisdictions, but 'round here smog insp. is about all you have to worry about. Just about all performance products will tell you if they're smog legal or not so it's not real hard to comply(or ignore). Keep your headlights aimed correctly and lifts aren't a big deal. There are laws about light height, tire protrusion(w/o fender flares) and so forth, but they're largely ignored, in my location anyway...
MV

#130621 - 30/06/03 07:16 PM Re: Restrictions in SoCal?
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
You're fine with any of that stuff...like Ruger said, the only thing you really need to worry about is anything that isn't 'smog legal'. Where in CA are you moving to?

#130622 - 30/06/03 11:50 PM Re: Restrictions in SoCal?
DKX01 Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA
Wooooo! Mods are not in jeopardy! Thanks guys for the quick reply, I'll be heading to the area in a few months, around the San Clemente area...I got on the SCCX website....looks awesome! I'm stoked! Thanks again!

DKX01

#130623 - 01/07/03 09:31 AM Re: Restrictions in SoCal?
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Quote:
Originally posted by DKX01:
Wooooo! Mods are not in jeopardy! Thanks guys for the quick reply, I'll be heading to the area in a few months, around the San Clemente area...I got on the SCCX website....looks awesome! I'm stoked! Thanks again!
Well, you could do a lot worse than San Clemente - it's really nice up there and not far from SD or LA . Absolutely hook up with us at SCCX, we look forward to having you. Drop us a note when you hit town.

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal