shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130634 - 09/02/04 09:11 PM First Outing
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok guys I am wanting to head out for my first outing in the X. Anyone knowof a place nearby (half day trip) from rancho penasquitas.

i have thurs and friday off so i will go one of those days.

#130635 - 10/02/04 12:18 AM Re: First Outing
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Corral Canyon OHV is fun and about 45 minutes east on the 8, but it's only open on the weekends now (temporarily). I have a few other places close by that I go, but I don't publicize them to avoid them getting overcrowded. Maybe we can meet up for a run sometime and I'll show you.

As far as half-day trips go, there are tons of places like Wildomar up and around the LA area that are full of various types/difficulty levels of terrain. Check our club site at SCCXTERRA.com and go on one of our Xcursions some weekend. We cover just about every place down here you could ever want to go.

#130636 - 10/02/04 02:32 PM Re: First Outing
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hit me up too. I have a few spots other than Corral Canyon that are a good trip. I am always looking for quick runs on the weekend. But life is real busy right now. Moving this weekend, frown 3" lift is going on next weekend. [ThumbsUp] We should try as a group of S.D. guys to head out the 29th. What do you think?

#130637 - 10/02/04 05:36 PM Re: First Outing
Anonymous
Unregistered

i would be game for that

#130638 - 11/02/04 04:25 PM Re: First Outing
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Not sure how close Anza Borrego St Pk is to you but there are lot's of off-roading opportunities there and nearby. X51 will be held at Anza on 3/20-21

At least a dozen or so members reside in SD so try the club board and review the calendar for some of the other runs such as the CC one in May in the SD area.
http://www.sccxterra.com/xcalendar.html

BTW another really nice and challenging place to wheel is Los Coyotes Indian Reservations (LCIR) near Warner Springs but there is an admission fee and some modifications like a lift/sliders go a long on most of those trails.

Hope to CYA on a Xcusrions soon, makes a perfect 1st outing, read the club board for more info on that.
http://www.sccxterra.com/board/forum.cfm?FID=1003

Brian [Wave]

#130639 - 11/02/04 09:58 PM Re: First Outing
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have tried many times of hitting the Xcursions but planning stinks. Actually just kidding :p It has to be that way with my luck [Freak] X48 I was planning on going but my truck was still sitting at the dealership getting fixed. I dropped it off monday at 11:00 and I didn't get it back until the following wednesday night. mad X49 was a long camping trip weekend and I had to go get ultrasounds done with the wifey to see our next arrival Noah. X50 will be a no show for me once again I have a friend coming back from Iraq that weekend and we are going to be snowboarding and geting tattoos. Maybe I will meet some of the SCCX crew on X51. I sure hope so.

#130640 - 12/02/04 12:54 AM Re: First Outing
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
Man, don't let family or friends ruin your plans to join an xcursion! laugh Maybe us San Diego folks should get together and do some local runs.

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal