2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130667 - 22/10/07 03:37 PM Fire check-in
Anonymous
Unregistered

Started a fire watch post on the SCCX site.

If anyone needs help, info, whatever, start by checking there and then here if that doesn't work.

#130668 - 23/10/07 11:41 AM Re: Fire check-in
Anonymous
Unregistered

We're sort of like in the middle of the suburbs. But saw Mt. Miguel engulfed in flames all night last night! So far, 2 hours of sleep... countless cups of coffee... tons of cargo on the loadwarrior...

#130669 - 23/10/07 12:11 PM Re: Fire check-in
Anonymous
Unregistered

Be Safe.... pack all the non replacable stuff (memories) and clothing in something you can grab fast.

#130670 - 23/10/07 03:52 PM Re: Fire check-in
Anonymous
Unregistered

And make sure your gas tank is full.

#130671 - 23/10/07 10:45 PM Re: Fire check-in
Anonymous
Unregistered

SOCAL FIRE STATUS (As of Tuesday, October 23, 2007 9:02 PM)

The Harris Fire has reached 72,000 acres and is 10% contained.

The Harris Fire has reached 72,000 acres and is 10% contained.

The Rice fire has burned 7,500 acres and is 10% contained, with full containment expected on Oct. 28, with full control expected Nov. 5.

The Poomacha Fire has destroyed 20,000 acres and is 0 % contained.

#130672 - 24/10/07 01:48 PM Re: Fire check-in
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey So Cal people... we're praying for you up here in No Cal. Heartbreaking stuff. My family in Moorpark is safe, but they had CDF choppers flying low over their rooftops after filling up in the nearby arroyo. Be safe everyone. God bless you all.

#130673 - 26/10/07 12:42 PM Re: Fire check-in
Anonymous
Unregistered

My thoughts and best wishes go out to all in SoCal I grew up in Whittier, Ca moved to Az when I was 22. It makes me so sad to see what is happing. I went through a couple earthquakes and I know how hard it can be and I could only imagine a fire. At least with a quake you can recover items with a fire that is not going to happen. I know a lot of these area's and the size of the area's involved and I do not think most understand how large these area's are pictures do no justice.
XterracerX what amazing picture kind of gives you a little preception in to this.
That saddest thing of all someone started most of these fires. I saw on the news one homeowner wanted 15min with them. SHIT I would not even waste that much time give me a gun and a few rounds and maybe 45sec.
One last thing that has pissed me off how the media keep comparing this to Katrina, ya know what the only difference I see in Ca the residents evacuated when they were told to do so and when they were told to, which left the emergency crews to deal with the fire and the volunteers to help at the specified shelters.
Sure in Katrina I know they needed more help but how much worse did the residents make it,look how thin the residents spread the resources, making all that were there to help with aid, search the whole city house by house street by street instead of providing aid they were told to get out and they did nothing. Look how much better it has been on the relief side of things because residents did what they were told to.

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal