shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130985 - 14/03/06 09:55 AM SCCX site down again?
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
Been trying for the last few days but can't log on either at work or from home, I get different errors every time or the site or it just won't open up.

#130986 - 14/03/06 10:20 AM Re: SCCX site down again?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Seems like it.

#130987 - 14/03/06 10:30 AM Re: SCCX site down again?
Anonymous
Unregistered

been having the same problems from 3 different computers, id say its the site again frown

p.s. Billy Burger, if you read this give me a call so we can figure out pick up on that stuff, (818)298-0832
Rob

#130988 - 14/03/06 11:18 AM Re: SCCX site down again?
Anonymous
Unregistered

#130989 - 14/03/06 07:15 PM Re: SCCX site down again?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The site is REALLLLLY slow for me

#130990 - 14/03/06 10:18 PM Re: SCCX site down again?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Managed to get in this afternoon via Xterrah's link (thanks!) but not since then.

Bummer.

#130991 - 15/03/06 10:02 AM Re: SCCX site down again?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is anything going on March 25th, besides Death Valley, perhaps another Big Bear or something closer? I know there is a BB run on the 18th but it is not doable for me.

#130992 - 15/03/06 02:04 PM Re: SCCX site down again?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by VG33POWER:
Is anything going on March 25th, besides Death Valley, perhaps another Big Bear or something closer? I know there is a BB run on the 18th but it is not doable for me.
That run was last month, shoulda been there for that, it was awsome.

yeah, something is wrong with the site, I've been able to get in but it's been really slow. Honestly this has to be one of the last times, What alternatives can people offer for hosting the site? my personal page is on fuitadnet.com and it is really affordable, however I don't know how well it would hold up to the load of the site, of course we don't really know what the site's usage is. I hate suggesting going to a different hosting because I know Jacob works hard on the site and I don't want to discredit his effort, I do appriciate and am thankfull it though, however I think it needs to be more stable. Maybe more a solution is more people with access to the server/site to perform maintenance.

Either way I feel like something needs to be done, any other suggestions? Actually it would be nice to hear from Jacob what the problem is.

Oh I wanted to mention for those that hasn't noticed, we have a new record # of users:
Quote:
Most users ever online was 59 on Sat 04 Mar, 2006
not a bad jump up from the last record of 19 or 29....

#130993 - 15/03/06 04:16 PM Re: SCCX site down again?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm the reason for the record number of users. Since I started hanging out with you guys you have all become much more attractive and much more popular. I'm not sure how it works but good for you guys. [ThumbsUp]

#130994 - 15/03/06 08:36 PM Re: SCCX site down again?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, the site has been really slow, but you can get in through something other than the front (or whatever it is called) page.

Mitch - you may be on to something. Not sure what, though.

By the way, Mitch, I am going to be in Indian Wells at a banking conference Sun - Tues, unfortunately Heather has to work so she won't be joining me. Maybe we can meet for a drink or coffee or something somewhere along the way. I have your cell number, I'll give you a call. I'll be at the Rennaisance. Say hi to the family.

#130995 - 15/03/06 10:35 PM Re: SCCX site down again?
Snoopy Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
Quote:
Originally posted by VG33POWER:
I know there is a BB run on the 18th...
News to me. Could you post the details on Big Bear since the SCCX site is down.

#130996 - 16/03/06 12:03 AM Re: SCCX site down again?
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Ritchey:
Honestly this has to be one of the last times, What alternatives can people offer for hosting the site? my personal page is on fuitadnet.com and it is really affordable, however I don't know how well it would hold up to the load of the site, of course we don't really know what the site's usage is. I hate suggesting going to a different hosting because I know Jacob works hard on the site and I don't want to discredit his effort, I do appriciate and am thankfull it though, however I think it needs to be more stable. Maybe more a solution is more people with access to the server/site to perform maintenance.
Chris:

Actually, the site problems have been intermittent and only really over the last few months. I'm not sure the club needs to start changing hosts, etc unless it becomes a persistent problem. Most people complaining are newer to the club. Trust me, the SCCX site is 10x better than it was a few years ago (and much better than most other clubs) and this has been due to Jacob's help and support. What can we say? We're all spoiled.
smile

#130997 - 16/03/06 07:19 AM Re: SCCX site down again?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sure thing Frank.

#130998 - 16/03/06 08:43 AM Re: SCCX site down again?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry Snoopy, I think that was for last month! My bad... :rolleyes:

#130999 - 16/03/06 08:56 AM Re: SCCX site down again?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by krisjon:
Chris:

Actually, the site problems have been intermittent and only really over the last few months. I'm not sure the club needs to start changing hosts, etc unless it becomes a persistent problem. Most people complaining are newer to the club. Trust me, the SCCX site is 10x better than it was a few years ago (and much better than most other clubs) and this has been due to Jacob's help and support. What can we say? We're all spoiled.
smile
I'm re writing what I said because I have a tendancy to intend to say something but often I'm just not good at talking smile

I type more but I'm going to come to terms with my self and put a sock in my own mouth. It slowly been sinking in that I get really anal when things aren't done my way, sorry thick skull smile anyways, hope I didn't offend.

#131000 - 16/03/06 10:52 PM Re: SCCX site down again?
krisjon Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Ritchey:
I'm re writing what I said because I have a tendancy to intend to say something but often I'm just not good at talking smile

I type more but I'm going to come to terms with my self and put a sock in my own mouth. It slowly been sinking in that I get really anal when things aren't done my way, sorry thick skull smile anyways, hope I didn't offend.
No big deal at all. I understand people's frustrations when the site goes down. Heck, I'm just as much of a junkie as the rest! I just don't see it being a long standing problem. With the exception of a few, most people airing their grievances about it have only been part of the club the last few months while there's been some intermittent problems. Obviously, it would seem to them that the site is really screwed up, but it's not.

#131001 - 23/03/06 08:22 AM Re: SCCX site down again?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hate to chime in.. but it's down again.. a couple days before a big run... again.

:rolleyes:

#131002 - 23/03/06 09:09 AM Re: SCCX site down again?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
Hate to chime in.. but it's down again.. a couple days before a big run... again.

:rolleyes:
Really? I'm on it right now and so is Eric... I'll post up the updated information in the other thread for the run. just so people don't get lost...

#131003 - 23/03/06 02:11 PM Re: SCCX site down again?
Anonymous
Unregistered

And since I figured you would blame MS...

I think it is a DNS thing. I get some really wierd stuff when looking up the domain on DNS stuff and DNS report. Like, it can't decide what name server to use. Get several different IP's reported.. just odd..

#131004 - 23/03/06 02:20 PM Re: SCCX site down again?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Also, see:

http://dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=sccxterra.com

Alot more red there than I usually like to see.

#131005 - 23/03/06 04:00 PM Re: SCCX site down again?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i get that same message on my comp at home but not from work (when im on a break of course laugh ). sometime if i wipe out everything before the "sccxterra.com" and put in a simple www. it will work but not always. is there a fix for this? kind of an odd thing.

Rob

#131006 - 23/03/06 04:45 PM Re: SCCX site down again?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RobboXedit:
i get that same message on my comp at home but not from work (when im on a break of course laugh ). sometime if i wipe out everything before the "sccxterra.com" and put in a simple www. it will work but not always. is there a fix for this? kind of an odd thing.

Rob
As Mitch put it, don't you mean "a Computer at a remote location"?

Jason, were you gonna head out tomorrow night? Also I got those same pages for a little while, then it corrected it's self.

#131007 - 23/03/06 06:29 PM Re: SCCX site down again?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chris,

Dunno, got some college work I have to get done before I can go. Still up in the air. If at all, it will be laaaaate friday night/sat morning.

#131008 - 30/03/06 08:55 AM Re: SCCX site down again?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
And since I figured you would blame MS...
You know, I don't just randomly bash on MS for no reason. And it's not like I don't know anythign about MS either, I use it at work, in fact I might even buy vista when it comes out. Why? Ammunition smile Seriously I want to see how much it has changed, I want to review it to see if it does what I can do in linux. Evaluation. Anyways...

Dunno what is up again, but...

#131009 - 31/03/06 01:18 AM Re: SCCX site down again?
krisjon Offline

The site is working fine for me on a Mac w/ Safari.

#131010 - 31/03/06 08:57 PM Re: SCCX site down again?
Anonymous
Unregistered

musta been a fluk that day, it was working the next, and it was working earlier in the morning, then BAM it was gone. Wierd...

#131011 - 06/04/06 07:31 PM Re: SCCX site down again?
sandmanX Offline

Loc: Ridgecrest California
Drop the "www" from the address and it works more often than not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal