2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#131174 - 09/08/06 04:22 PM Going to Big Bear... any suggestions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello all, I'm planning on leaving the San Clemente beaches for a weekend of wheel'n up in Big Bear.
I've drove NF 3n93 between Coxey Truck Trail and 3N16 about a year ago in a LR D1. How does one get to Crab Flats (lower and upper).
Please let me know if you have any suggestion on trails or places to wheel up there and general directions on how to find the trails.
Please let me know if your interested or would like to join.

#131175 - 09/08/06 04:54 PM Re: Going to Big Bear... any suggestions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just got back from there last weekend.

Probably the most important thing you need to know is that the main road to BB (330) is closed as of this past Monday for construction. You have to go in the back way on 38.

As for trails, there are many fun ones. Try to find the Charles Wells trail guide at Barnes and Noble or someplace, he has several outlined in there with easy to follow directions and tips. Otherwise, the Benchmark California Road & Recreation Atlas is good but even Triple A has a halfway decent BB map that shows the basic backroads of the area.

Most of the trails are stock friendly, but some others are good with a bit of lift, sliders, better tires. John Bull is among the toughest up there with rock gardens that love the feel of armor plate.

Hope this helps. We have some stuff on the SCCXterra.com site that may be helpful as well.

#131176 - 10/08/06 09:09 AM Re: Going to Big Bear... any suggestions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you for the advise, I'll get the book this afternoon and check it out.

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal