2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 51 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#131264 - 28/11/06 10:24 AM sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK I heard back from Jacob, and well lets put it this way, we need a new host smile The server hardware died on him and it's going to take a while (ie more than a couple of weeks) before he can get new hardware.

So that being said, me and Brian are working on transfering the site over to his godaddy account for hosting Hopefully it will be done sooner rather than latter.

#131265 - 28/11/06 02:05 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just to clarify...
I've been trying to make this server last aslong as could since I did not want to invest in it since I planned on installing a new one soon. L O N G story short, it died before I bought the new one. Since this isnt my "primary" thing as I'm a paramedic by trade, funds are low at the moment.
Chris has offered to mirror the site till I get the new one up, the new site will be main pages minus the forums, creating temp forums would be way too time consuming.
I apologise for this but I promise to have it up ASAP.

Jacob *KF*

#131266 - 28/11/06 03:31 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by KF:
Just to clarify...
I've been trying to make this server last aslong as could since I did not want to invest in it since I planned on installing a new one soon. L O N G story short, it died before I bought the new one. Since this isnt my "primary" thing as I'm a paramedic by trade, funds are low at the moment.
Chris has offered to mirror the site till I get the new one up, the new site will be main pages minus the forums, creating temp forums would be way too time consuming.
I apologise for this but I promise to have it up ASAP.

Jacob *KF*
Jacob,

Please let us know how much we need. We will all donate. Honestly, there are alot of us perfectly willing to donate towards new hardware if it would mean a stable website.

Thanks Jacob!!!

#131267 - 28/11/06 06:52 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

I totally support what Wolfman said. Just let me know how to fill out the check and who to send it to. Its worth it concidering how much time I send on the site and compaired to a movie or marriage its got to be a bargain.

#131268 - 28/11/06 08:25 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chris, Brian, Thanks for working on this, we need a site that works.

Jacob thanks for the time and effort you've put into the old one, I guess it's time to mod something besides our trucks.

#131269 - 28/11/06 09:15 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AV Xterra:

Jacob thanks for the time and effort you've put into the old one, I guess it's time to mod something besides our trucks.
Now who's a "brown noser." You disgust me.

#131270 - 29/11/06 10:33 AM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Guy Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca.
I could donate to the cause as well.

#131271 - 29/11/06 10:56 AM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help (but I must admit I know even less about computers than I do about vehicles).

Chris - you have a PM.

#131272 - 29/11/06 06:49 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mitch1351:
Quote:
[b]Chris, Brian, Thanks for working on this, we need a site that works.

Now who's a "brown noser." You disgust me.[/b]
Yeah, I did it, so what. At least I didn't pop a tire.

#131273 - 29/11/06 09:18 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks guys for the support.

I found out today that I'll be able to get this all squared away sooner then I thought.

Chris, thanks for the expended effort but really, do not put too much time into "creating" a new site. Its not necessary at all. I understand your determination to do it all yourself but most all of us believe your time is best spent in the continued maintenance of the main page.

#131274 - 29/11/06 09:19 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Chris, Brian, Thanks for working on this, we need a site that works.

Yeah, I did it, so what. At least I didn't pop a tire.[/b]
Or.. two tires even

#131275 - 29/11/06 09:20 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by KF:

I found out today that I'll be able to get this all squared away sooner then I thought.

Chris, thanks for the expended effort but really, do not put too much time into "creating" a new site. Its not necessary at all. I understand your determination to do it all yourself but most all of us believe your time is best spent in the continued maintenance of the main page.
Sweeeet.

Seriously though, I think we can all pitch in to help get things back up and running, and stay running.
[ThumbsUp]

#131276 - 30/11/06 01:48 AM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by KF:

Awesome news do you need any help with fixing the server? yes, I mean financially.

Quote:
Originally posted by KF:

huh? I ain't interested in making a new site, nor starting over from scratch. And I am a little confused and not quite sure what to say about the last line. Are people not pleased with how I've handled myself within the club? complain even? If so just let me know, I know I've been trying to do a lot but not because I'm on a power trip or anything. I've been trying to do a lot because it feels like there is something to be done and no one to do it. So if people think it'd be better of if I just did web site maintenance then that's ok by me.

#131277 - 30/11/06 07:27 AM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Ritchey:
Quote:
Originally posted by KF:
[b]Thanks guys for the support.

Awesome news do you need any help with fixing the server? yes, I mean financially.

Quote:
Originally posted by KF:

huh? I ain't interested in making a new site, nor starting over from scratch. And I am a little confused and not quite sure what to say about the last line. Are people not pleased with how I've handled myself within the club? complain even? If so just let me know, I know I've been trying to do a lot but not because I'm on a power trip or anything. I've been trying to do a lot because it feels like there is something to be done and no one to do it. So if people think it'd be better of if I just did web site maintenance then that's ok by me.[/b]
I don't think anyone has an issue with you Chris. I think KF is trying to say, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that your efforts are greatly appreciated. However, if what you have in mind is to rebuild the site from scratch, then that is not necessary. That's what I got from it. I think you have done an excellent job of cleaning up and maintaining the site. That being said, shut up Dan.

#131278 - 30/11/06 07:28 AM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:

Or.. two tires even
Sliced one, popped one, and still had fun wheeling on Bobby's spare. You rock Bobby.

#131279 - 30/11/06 03:30 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
quote:

Or.. two tires even
Sliced one, popped one, and still had fun wheeling on Bobby's spare. You rock Bobby.

sounds like my lockwood/miller trip. Except after slashing a second tire some one plugged the hole up, then I blew the plugs out the next turn.

#131280 - 01/12/06 08:56 AM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I don't think anyone has an issue with you Chris. I think KF is trying to say, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that your efforts are greatly appreciated. However, if what you have in mind is to rebuild the site from scratch, then that is not necessary. That's what I got from it. I think you have done an excellent job of cleaning up and maintaining the site. That being said, shut up Dan.
Thats all I meant, thank you for the better wording of it Mitch.

#131281 - 01/12/06 02:00 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by KF:
Quote:
[b]Originally posted by mitch1351:
Thats all I meant, thank you for the better wording of it Mitch.[/b]
you sound like me Jacob, I think other people sometimes phrase my statements better than I do.

I guess I was confused, because I had never planned on nor talked about rebuilding the site from scratch. Guess my reading is worse than my writing smile

#131282 - 01/12/06 02:12 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by KF:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Originally posted by mitch1351:
Thats all I meant, thank you for the better wording of it Mitch.[/b]
you sound like me Jacob, I think other people sometimes phrase my statements better than I do.

I guess I was confused, because I had never planned on nor talked about rebuilding the site from scratch. Guess my reading is worse than my writing smile [/b]
Glad to see that's all cleared up.

#131283 - 01/12/06 04:11 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
quote:
quote:

Or.. two tires even

sounds like my lockwood/miller trip. Except after slashing a second tire some one plugged the hole up, then I blew the plugs out the next turn.

SNAKE!

#131284 - 01/12/06 07:54 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dan your thread jacking has to stop. No one cares if you saw a snake.

#131285 - 04/12/06 01:05 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know Im a lil late on this, but I am a manager at a computer company that deals with mostly server / high end computer hardware. Manly SCSI hard drives and SATA storage solutions. Let me know what you need and I'll see if I have it here and get my CEO to hook me up with a deal or donate it.

Thanks

#131286 - 04/12/06 05:45 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
The home page is now on-line and some of the links work
http://www.sccxterra.com/

Work in progress but a step in the right direction. Thanks to Chris for the mirror copy and Jacob who is working on the forum.

The old forum will be brought back by Jacob when his schedule/hardware allows and we can link it or switch the site over to his new host, whatever works the best.

[Techno speak]
To minimize any future potential problems a better new DOMAIN provider is being utilized that gives faster/complete control for DNS, name servers, etc. Part of problems in the past where DOMAIN related rather than host based.
[/Techno speak]

[Edited skip the Techno section unless you work on web sites]

#131287 - 04/12/06 07:22 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

It took me awhile to figure it out but when you said the home page is back up that's exactly what you meant. The home page is up but you can't do anything from there right?

#131288 - 04/12/06 07:45 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know what most of that means, but it sounds good.

Thanks for all of the hard work. Perhaps at the Xmas party this weekend we can make whatever contributions need to be made toward hardware, what-not to keep things moving?

For those of us who are not tech-web savvy, please let us know what we can do to help so no one feels as though they are shouldering too much on this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal