shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#131289 - 17/12/06 09:01 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

anyone have any new info about the site?

#131290 - 07/01/07 09:23 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bump, news?

#131291 - 07/01/07 09:31 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not on my end...

#131292 - 11/01/07 10:19 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

MMMkay.

It's now January 11. The site has been down long enough.

Starting off by saying thanks again to KF for his efforts keeping the site up all of this time.

Can we get this going now? Brian, you've got the domain. Can some of us pay to host this thing already? Hosting is cheap and relieves KF of work and effort. Hell, I'll put my money where my mouth is throw in the first $50 worth of hosting fees.

Who knows what to do from here? Can we copy the files and send them somewhere? It's obvious I don't know what is involved with this on the technical end, but what needs to happen here to get this done?

Let's do this already.

The club is suffering because this. The lack of communication and access will hurt us as a group. Can we get this going?

Please?

#131293 - 12/01/07 07:09 AM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobby B.:
MMMkay.

Starting off by saying thanks again to KF for his efforts keeping the site up all of this time.

Can we get this going now? Brian, you've got the domain. Can some of us pay to host this thing already? Hosting is cheap and relieves KF of work and effort. Hell, I'll put my money where my mouth is throw in the first $50 worth of hosting fees.

Who knows what to do from here? Can we copy the files and send them somewhere? It's obvious I don't know what is involved with this on the technical end, but what needs to happen here to get this done?

Let's do this already.

The club is suffering because this. The lack of communication and access will hurt us as a group. Can we get this going?

Please?
X2

#131294 - 12/01/07 07:16 AM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

X3 - Rise of the Pheonix

Yes, lets do something. It has been over a month and we do need some kind of action. I will put some money in my mouth too.

#131295 - 12/01/07 08:13 AM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
MMMkay.

Let's do this already.

Please?
X4

#131296 - 12/01/07 09:40 AM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Technically the site up but not the old forums, only possibility to restore those is to get a back up, from the old server.

One thing I don't have is the existing style sheet, or the forum style/layout. Although I do have the new design... hmmm.
http://sccx.mapforge.net there are two available styles, stock and modified, just click on the links at the top to change between the two looks. if those look good I can change the existing website to that style, careful it might not work in ie... oops

I'll get in touch with Brian and see if we can get a few things straightened out and set some things up.

#131297 - 12/01/07 10:27 AM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

That would be cool. Let's see if we can make this happen.

If something needs to be picked up and brought somewhere for uploading, I can go get it and bring it somewhere. Just let me know and I'll do what I can. Both Brian and I believe KF aren't that far from me if it comes to that.

If it requires some type of major effort, a lot of physical labor well, Mitch can do it. :p

#131298 - 12/01/07 01:08 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
That would be cool. Let's see if we can make this happen.

If something needs to be picked up and brought somewhere for uploading, I can go get it and bring it somewhere. Just let me know and I'll do what I can. Both Brian and I believe KF aren't that far from me if it comes to that.

If it requires some type of major effort, a lot of physical labor well, Mitch can do it. :p
Thanks and I'll nominate mitch as well for heavy lifting, after all his truck is yellow.

#131299 - 12/01/07 01:09 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
. . .If it requires some type of major effort, a lot of physical labor well, Mitch can do it. :p
And I would be happy to offer my usual "supervisory" services. laugh

#131300 - 12/01/07 04:47 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

X5,
yeah, gettin' comfy here.....is not really comfy.

#131301 - 12/01/07 05:06 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, Mitch can do all the lifting. He will be there the second Tuesday of next week. Bastards.

#131302 - 04/02/07 11:45 AM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any newz!! process? resultz?

#131303 - 08/02/07 09:47 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello everyone. Some news.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. A majority of the issues have been resolved; steps have been taken to build in redundancies against this sort of down-time taking place again.

Once the site is back up, we're going to make a few changes to tighten things up further and eliminate some redundancies in the site itself, to make it both easier to use and navigate.

Many of you have offered to contribute. This is appreciated. Some $$ already has been raised, but we may pass the hat or request a nominal donation that would go toward annual hosting fees. Anything over and above what is required could either be returned proportionately to the donors or otherwise go toward future hardware upgrades, Xmas party gift items, etc. That will be up to the club membership to decide once we get up and running.

A word of thanks to KF for his behind the scenes work. I owe you at least a tasty beverage [drink] and I'll make good on that soon.

Stay tuned.

Later,

Bobby

#131304 - 17/02/07 07:05 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Let me start by thanking everyone for all the patience they've demonstrated in recent weeks.
I'll spare too many details... but the site IS up and has been for almost a week now. Over the next few days we'll be rolling things back over.
Lond story short, I took over the site with little notice some time ago. I placed it to a "non-production" server at that time unknowing the site would expand and grow in traffic the way it has. Since that time I had planned to migrate to a new server and was delaying until that time had come. Unfortunately the hardware failure occurred before that time had come. Today I have a new server in place and the old/existing server are up. Over the newt few weeks everything will be moved to the new server, if all goes well you won't notice this transition. All Data is there and has been since the outage. When the new server is fully up I will relocate the old to a different location to run in redundancy, this essentially means if one is down, the other takes over.

Again I apologise for the downtime and hope to have everything squared away this week.

Jacob

yahoo/AIM I'd= kf6dky

#131305 - 17/02/07 07:16 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Jacob. [ThumbsUp]

#131306 - 19/02/07 08:27 AM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can't get in. The forums link keeps sending me to XOC.

#131307 - 19/02/07 09:10 AM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mitch1351:
I can't get in. The forums link keeps sending me to XOC.
The DNS records havent been changed yet. This will happen within the 48 hrs after they're changed.

#131308 - 19/02/07 11:59 AM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jacob, thanks for keeping this moving forward.

#131309 - 19/02/07 01:49 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

10-4. Thanks KF.

#131310 - 19/02/07 09:11 PM Re: sccxtera.com status update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Come home everyone.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal