shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#131319 - 20/07/04 07:04 PM New San Diego County X Owner Checking In
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just obtained my 2004 4X4 last weekend. I am eventually interested in joining SCCX on some of the weekend trips, but for now I'm just wondering if anyone else is from North San Diego County (I live in Fallbrook) who can recommend good places around here where I can take my X to familiarize myself with its off-road handling characteristics?

I know there's someone around this neck of the woods, I saw a SCCX sticker on an Xterra in San Marcos a few weeks back...

#131320 - 21/07/04 05:38 AM Re: New San Diego County X Owner Checking In
dhsundance Offline

Loc: San Diego
The Lawrence Welk Trails just east of the Village are fairly exciting if you like dry rutted hills.

San Diego's a great place for 4x4's but the summertime heat limits the choices. I prefer going up to Big Bear for the summer. In fact the club (SCCX) is heading up there in August.

Dave

#131321 - 21/07/04 08:39 AM Re: New San Diego County X Owner Checking In
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah, check out http://www.sccxterra.com for more info! =)

#131322 - 21/07/04 08:11 PM Re: New San Diego County X Owner Checking In
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ikari, why dont you join us this weekend up in Hungry Valley. There are a few San Diego guys going and myself from Riverside ( near Temecula ). If not maybe we can meet up sometime for some wheelin

#131323 - 22/07/04 07:39 PM Re: New San Diego County X Owner Checking In
Anonymous
Unregistered

This weekend is too short notice for me to go on the Hungry Valley trip (I was seriously considering it though). I do intend to start attending the monthly outings sometime probably around September/October (I'm real busy till then). I'll keep an eye on this board and on SCCX website for any other local outings that I can come play on.

#131324 - 22/07/04 08:42 PM Re: New San Diego County X Owner Checking In
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, another S.D. X owner here. I live in Rolling Hills Ranch so I am pretty far south of you but there is quite a few places to go within S.D. county proper. Corral Canyon is only 45 minutes away and just another 15-20 minutes past that there is Valley of the Moon and Elliot Mine. Both are fairly mild and can be done rather easily in a stock X. [ThumbsUp] I usually can't make it to all SCCX Xcursions but I do head out other weekends so maybe we could meet up and I can show you a few spots. Fred needs to come down here and show me the Proctor Valley run. That is my backyard and I have no clue of where or how to get to it. [Freak] Welcome and always remember have fun!! [Wave]

#131325 - 23/07/04 12:48 PM Re: New San Diego County X Owner Checking In
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Welcome to the club, we'll have to do an SD get together soon!

#131326 - 25/07/04 08:23 AM Re: New San Diego County X Owner Checking In
Anonymous
Unregistered

You guys missed a great trip to Hungry Valley.
Maybe meet us at Big Bear August 14-15.

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal