shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#131422 - 05/01/06 09:33 AM How about it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys, I know I am not an "X" owner nor do I have 4WD, but I was wondering if we can get a group of us together here in SoCal and go out wheeling in a 2WD friendly trail. I have been wanting to do this for a while, but I have been unsuccesful. I want to go out and get dirty. Any ideas or suggestions?

#131423 - 05/01/06 10:03 AM Re: How about it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

For sure!! Keep an eye out for runs, there is always somthing for everyone, and we are not xterra nazis, bring your frontier on out too!

#131424 - 05/01/06 12:32 PM Re: How about it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for your hospitality Wolfman! Now lets get our heads together and think of somewhere to go and start recruiting people. I can ask a couple of guys over and nissanfrontier.net that may join us. Sort of a TUNFS meets XOC or visa-versa.

#131425 - 05/01/06 04:34 PM Re: How about it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by idavid76:
Thanks for your hospitality Wolfman! Now lets get our heads together and think of somewhere to go and start recruiting people. I can ask a couple of guys over and nissanfrontier.net that may join us. Sort of a TUNFS meets XOC or visa-versa.
This will be 2wd friendly:

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=000483

Keep in mind that runs are rarely posted on XOC. For better information visit http://www.sccxterra.com (site is down at the moment I think)

#131426 - 05/01/06 11:01 PM Re: How about it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys i am only 17 but am very interested in taking my 4x2 x offroad. i cant travel to far from my city but if you guys know anying from san diego to south la i would love to go. Also if i could convince my dad to go with his jeep i could probibly go farther. Anyway that sounds like fun :p

#131427 - 06/01/06 06:59 PM Re: How about it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

#131428 - 09/01/06 09:55 PM Re: How about it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

A few questions about the Bradshaw Trail run if I may (new at this). I did try to sign up at the SCCX site but am still waiting on a reply email (I think), so thought I would ask here.

Are there plans to camp overnight somewhere along the way, or does it look like a one-day thing? My wife has been after me to take her camping for years, but I am not sure the desert was her first choice. I spent a lot of time around Desert Hot Springs when I was a much younger, so I kind of like the desert myself. (It has been over 30 years though.)

Anyone going out from San Diego, and if so, do you think it would be better to take the Interstate (15 / 215 / 10) or go over the mountains to Palm Desert? It has been a while since I've been to Indio. I am just off I-15 near Poway. Heading out Sat AM?

This would be my first run with a group of people I've never met before, so I am not really sure what to expect. Just got an 05 4x4 S and am looking forward to doing some exploring. It is stock (and still has the step rails and mud flaps for now), so not really interested in doing any serious rock crawling.

Thanks - Frank B.

#131429 - 10/01/06 08:45 AM Re: How about it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

WolfmanX,

Can you please let us know more details on the Bradshaw Trail run? Kinda of what Frank B. asked, if I am able to go (might have to attend Off Road Impact in Vegas for work purposes--I work for Banks Power) I would like to prepare accordingly, this would be my first time also. Thanks!

Frank, from where Bradshaw seems to be located. I would recommend taking I-15 North to I-10 East, if I go I will let you know, since you have to go through where I live I can probably tag along and drive up together to the trail. I will let you know what happens as far as the show.

#131430 - 10/01/06 10:12 PM Re: How about it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sure guys, The trail will be 2WD and stock friendly.

Camping is optional, and is largely up to those that end up attending. I would plan for it.

The trail is mostly scenic, with some cool history, and a great first timer run.

I would take the 215 to the 60 to the 10, or if you like mountain driving, take the 79, to the 371 to the 74 then to the 10.

#131431 - 12/01/06 05:12 PM Re: How about it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

idavid76, where are you located? SD like most or more up north like some of us? If your up north I can show you some stock 2wd trails with georgous views. and good camping to boot.

If there is going to be quite a few news guys coming to the bradshaw run I'll definately be there, and do HV a diff weekend.

#131432 - 13/01/06 09:29 AM Re: How about it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chris I am in the Inland Empire, near Riverside. I am definately closer to Bradshaw, but I still dont know if I am going. Please tell me where those 2WD trails are that you talk about please.

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal