2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#131497 - 16/06/03 10:40 PM MTB trails around LA or OC area...
dp21499 Offline

Loc: San Jose California
Hey SouthCal Bikers can you recommend any good trails to hit while I'm down there around LA area or as far as Laguna Niguel/Aliso Viejo area. I don't mind uphill as long the trail back down is awesome( single track and a little technical) also don't mind driving a little bit far for a good trail. Better yet maybe a group ride if available, planning to be there anyday through the weekend. Thanks...

#131498 - 17/06/03 07:41 AM Re: MTB trails around LA or OC area...
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
When are you coming down? Team SCCX tries to get together at least once a week, usually on the weekend. As for trails, there is Topanga Canyon State park over in Malibu area, lots of trails off of Angeles Crest (hwy 20 in La Canada/ Flintridge area, and the Arroyo Seco area in Pasadena, off the 210 fwy. Anything in the San gabriel mountains is pretty good too. My favorite is an area in Arroyo Seco behind JPL (Nasa Jet Propulsion Laboratory) in Pasadena, you have a combination of a flat trail with 5 or 6 water crosssings, long gradual climb for 6-7 miles, half way up the climb you can choose to either keep climbing, come back down the way you went up or take the technical singletrack back down, on this trail you have to deal with a few watercrossings, boulders, tree roots, low overhangs and the singletrack being right on the edge of the trail.

#131499 - 17/06/03 10:55 AM Re: MTB trails around LA or OC area...
dp21499 Offline

Loc: San Jose California
Buffalo the arroyo seco behind JPL sounds good and close to where I'm staying, any info how can I get there/ trail maps? Yeah I would like to tag along when is the next team SCCX ride and I'll try to make it.

Derick

#131500 - 17/06/03 03:14 PM Re: MTB trails around LA or OC area...
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you don't mind the drive you can try Sycamore Canyon out in Thousand Oaks. It's a great ride with a variety of trails. Singletrack, switchbacks, a nice ridgline on "backbone" trail, to "hell hill" (1000 foot gain in about a mile, or at least that is what I am told). Most trails meet up down at the beach. Of course you ride down to the beach and then back up, about 20 miles round trip depending on the route.

It is at the top of Wendy drive off the 101 north, about an hour from Pasadena.

#131501 - 18/06/03 09:19 AM Re: MTB trails around LA or OC area...
buffalo Offline

When are you going to be in the area. We are probably riding Saturday morning, don't know where yet, I will try and let you know. You can also check www.sccxterra.com subtopic "adventure racing" for our team rides. As for JPL take the 210 fwy going east get off at windsor ave and go right (north) go about a mile up, there is a small parking lot right before the street starts to curve, try and park there (sometimes its full and you have to park on the street). The entrance to the trails is at the yellow traffic barrier. Ask some of the locals which trail leads you where, lower trail=flat with multiple water crosssings, upper trail=straight climb for at least 3 miles up to 6-7,forks half way up then you an take the fire road or singletrack down.

#131502 - 18/06/03 02:52 PM Re: MTB trails around LA or OC area...
jbrionesX Offline

Loc: Thousand Oaks.Ca
Quote:
Originally posted by Editor X:
If you don't mind the drive you can try Sycamore Canyon out in Thousand Oaks. It's a great ride with a variety of trails. Singletrack, switchbacks, a nice ridgline on "backbone" trail, to "hell hill" (1000 foot gain in about a mile, or at least that is what I am told). Most trails meet up down at the beach. Of course you ride down to the beach and then back up, about 20 miles round trip depending on the route.

It is at the top of Wendy drive off the 101 north, about an hour from Pasadena.
This is a great trail id say about 6 miles thru the Santa Monica Mountians, leading to the beach!!!
Bilstein Shocks
Thor Mod
Billet Grill
Yakima Big Powder Hound
X-Net Raingler
Levoc A/T Shifter
NGK Iridium Plugs-BKR5EIX11

#131503 - 19/06/03 05:37 PM Re: MTB trails around LA or OC area...
buffalo Offline

you have pm

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal